Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

fgs

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

fgs - Postby synthetic » 12 Jul 2009, 14:26

Ive been thinking about joining for DX as well. I understand that FGS doesnt see much action in DXMP these days as far as regular gametypes or clanwars go, and that you have quite a strong lineup for 0augs as it is, but there are few reasons for me to like this clan ranging from your industrial-crazed leaders to long-standing clan with decent reputation. Also, Roi has helped me a great deal without asking anything in return.

I am currently in another clan waiting after one ATDM war I want to get over with for reasons that go back couple years, after that Im pretty much done there. My main reason for posting this is to ask whether or not FGS would allow a DX member to be in FGS but also in another clan dedicated solely to ATDM. Id be FGS member (if I am accepted) in every other gametype. If FGS finds it unsuitable Ill have to ponder on it some more, but this is what I was thinking for now. ATDM and 0aug/altfire are quite different scenes with their own communities as it is, so unless this goes against someones principles to a point where it is unacceptable to have such a member, I see no problem with it.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: fgs - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 12 Jul 2009, 15:07

What's the name of that ATDM clan and who are its members?

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: fgs - Postby synthetic » 12 Jul 2009, 16:13

I will officially apply once I have left there, but if FGS finds it unacceptable that their member is in an atdm clan sometime after that, then Ill just know ahead, and have time to figure out whether to lay back and relax or pursue my goals in atdm.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: fgs - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Jul 2009, 16:42

Actually being in FGS-DX doesn't allow to be in another DX clan at the same time... at least not for an endless long time..

Also.. I'm wondering.. your sayings sound to me, that FGS and ATDM exclude each other in general.
The majority of FGS doesn't play ATDM but that doesn't mean that ATDM players aren't accepted.
It's just that many ATDM players wouldn't ever think to get into FGS because they are too conceited.
Apart of that, we wouldn't welcome conceited people anyway.

PS: Your FGS-UrT application is not effected by that. :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: fgs - Postby synthetic » 12 Jul 2009, 17:41

I understand. I had to make sure since there are some clans who allow such multiclanning because neither of the clans plays wars in the gametype that the other clan concentrates on.

And have you ever thought that maybe the ATDM players would not think of getting into FGS not because they are too conceited, but because FGS does not play ATDM wars? Correct me if I am wrong, I simply dont recall FGS having any ATDM wars.

Anyway, my question has been answered. :-)

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: fgs - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Jul 2009, 17:51

Well, that's kind of a doom-loop then. They don't think about joining because we don't celebrate such wars and we don't make such wars because of a lack of such players inside the clan..

But well.. your initial application was directed to the FGS-UrT-division which is not influenced by that, as I mentioned before. :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: fgs - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 12 Jul 2009, 17:57

CHRiS CRYBABY wrote:What's the name of that ATDM clan and who are its members?

Also, can you tell me why REN died? Lack of time/effort/energy? I recon the great ability of REN to organise clan wars, what is it that went wrong? Are you sure you can't revive REN?

Edit: If applied, how long would you stay with [FGS]?

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: fgs - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 12 Jul 2009, 19:55

rand12om wrote:Ive been thinking about joining for DX as well. I understand that FGS doesnt see much action in DXMP these days as far as regular gametypes or clanwars go, and that you have quite a strong lineup for 0augs as it is, but there are few reasons for me to like this clan ranging from your industrial-crazed leaders to long-standing clan with decent reputation. Also, Roi has helped me a great deal without asking anything in return.

I am currently in another clan waiting after one ATDM war I want to get over with for reasons that go back couple years, after that Im pretty much done there. My main reason for posting this is to ask whether or not FGS would allow a DX member to be in FGS but also in another clan dedicated solely to ATDM. Id be FGS member (if I am accepted) in every other gametype. If FGS finds it unsuitable Ill have to ponder on it some more, but this is what I was thinking for now. ATDM and 0aug/altfire are quite different scenes with their own communities as it is, so unless this goes against someones principles to a point where it is unacceptable to have such a member, I see no problem with it.

Hang on one god damn minute. You mean to tell me, the very thing you have been insulting me for the last half decade is what you're asking for. Holy, christ. The hypocrisy is tasty.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: fgs - Postby synthetic » 12 Jul 2009, 22:57

From what I can recall I never liked you because you were an ass whod always switch to stronger team, or leave server when you didnt score. That, and you probably talked all different kinds of scheisse to me. I don't understand where my hypocrisy can possibly show from my post :S

Nothing in my post conflicts with the beliefs Ive had during these years, Spaz. If you think otherwise, then I am sorry to inform you that you are mistaken.

Deathmaster:

I suppose the death of REN was due to numerous reasons, not the inactive game alone. The lack of other clans to play wars with still did play a major role. For a clan as experienced as ours was it was no longer interesting to play against new players either. We wouldnt get any fun from slaughtering them, and they would just call us cheaters over and over again. Attempts to move the clan to other games failed for few reasons, as well.
As for revival, dont worry, I am sure Sovietgunpoint will revive it sooner or later, like he did with Triads. In fact, he has already started recruiting members. Such a busy guy. It almost makes me sad that we didnt recruit him when we had the chance. Almost.

If I applied, how long would I stay.. Well If my condition wouldve been met then for quite long. In fact I wouldnt see a reason to leave anyway. But now I have to decide whether or not I can be assed with this augs drama or not. After 5 years of constant attempts to make clans or fight wars (and ive only fought maybe 40 wars during these 5 years) I am just a bit tired, and the game is so inactive that there would be little reason to make a new clan, too. I tried that with 6x, and we got nobody to play against except the sovietfanclu|b|

Last edited by synthetic on 12 Jul 2009, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: fgs - Postby ~DJ~ » 12 Jul 2009, 23:09

Hi, and.. good luck, if your applying, also, sometimes, some of our members do play ATDM, but not that much, :P

That totally doesn't mean that we hate ATDM, or never allow ATDM players to enter this clan :o

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: fgs - Postby synthetic » 12 Jul 2009, 23:16

well to be honest, if some of your guys are interested in ATDM then I wouldnt mind practicing with those. I know carnage's brother used to play atdm a lot.

I will give one of my members a week to show up for B war, if he hasnt by then, Im applying.

Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

Re: fgs - Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 13 Jul 2009, 06:24

I thought you were a non augs player.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: fgs - Postby Kuchcik » 13 Jul 2009, 12:49

rand12om wrote:well to be honest, if some of your guys are interested in ATDM then I wouldnt mind practicing with those. I know carnage's brother used to play atdm a lot.

Khaamilus, yeah. He does play ATDM, but AFAIK he has a shitty connection

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: fgs - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 13 Jul 2009, 13:05

Ken if I recall I wasn't the one who kept switching to the "better team", I was the one making it his mission to attack the better players. Initially you didn't like me because I sent renegades a swift "get bent" from day one. Though you all didn't mind, it was when I blew your clan off to join [T] that things got nasty. Then once [A] forums stopped giving a crap about your constant bitchings (evidentally the only forum I didn't visit was the one you found it essential to slander me on) you turned on the fact that I found a love for the game and helped out lesser clans who Ren "dominated". Decided to call me a multiclanner, made me loose my "reputation" so to speak. Then you came over to [T] forums demanding some sort of 0 aug match and you got told where to go then. Hell man, at one stage the augging community liked sike and soviet over you. More than once I've tried to let things go and even once I formally sent you a message requesting that we drop the crap between us as there was no real point.

I can get on with you, I know I can, you're just too much of a stuck up pretentious prick to actually see that you're being a complete tool. Alas, to each their own. From this moment on I'm willing to drop this god damn vendetta once and for all, again, the condition is for you to fill the chip in your shoulder. Neither of us are innocent in this thing, we've both been dicks. Ren's dead, let this pointless rivalry die with it. What d'you say?

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: fgs - Postby synthetic » 13 Jul 2009, 15:35

Ive mostly played 0augs because ATDM fast paced game did not fit my 10 fps gameplay. Slideshow in crucial fights that determine whether or not you keep your streak or streak up at all simply pissed me off. There were times when I really struggled to tell which way was the ceiling and which way was the floor.
Ive always liked atdm, and not cared much about btdm which is just boring. Also, atdm has been an extinct gametype since when I started playing. The fact that the main atdm server hosts always desperately tried to ban me just because I talked back to them did not help.

I was the one making it his mission to attack the better players.

Which didnt show very well.

Though you all didn't mind, it was when I blew your clan off to join [T] that things got nasty.

I was the single real REN member who ever stopped to consider you as possible addition to REN. And that too solely because I thought you would work well with Nerd and Grim, because you were friends. Luckily enough, maybe, it didnt get that far.

Then once [A] forums stopped giving a crap about your constant bitchings (evidentally the only forum I didn't visit was the one you found it essential to slander me on)

Ive always spoken my mind and avoided useless slander when it could be helped. Soviet is an exception. Ive never been very welcome on alpha forums and as such it is rather ridiculous of you to imagine such things just to stroke your ego.

you turned on the fact that I found a love for the game and helped out lesser clans who Ren "dominated".

How noble. I simply disliked mercenaries. People who dont give a metabolic end product about the clan they are in, and are just there for wars. When I was in a serious clan, of course I found it annoying. We fought you never the less, when you were in nMe.

Decided to call me a multiclanner, made me loose my "reputation" so to speak.

I probably called you a multiclanner because it was almost certain that no matter which clan we are going to fight, youd be in their lineup. Is that normal? I didnt think so. Besides that, I dont really recall calling you a multiclanner awful lot. Maybe to urine you off, who knows.

Then you came over to [T] forums demanding some sort of 0 aug match and you got told where to go then.

Raiden, a [T] member, claimed that every single [T] member is better than me in 0augs. Was I wrong to test your clan mates words? :-)

Hell man, at one stage the augging community liked sike and soviet over you.

I find it hard to believe, but I suppose solid criticism is indeed harder to take than the ramblings of true braindead morons.

More than once I've tried to let things go and even once I formally sent you a message requesting that we drop the crap between us as there was no real point.

I saw no point in replying to your shallow message. You acted like an ass before, and you continued to act as one. The only difference was that before I really used to dislike you, but at some point I did not care whether you existed in dxmp or not.

I can get on with you, I know I can, you're just too much of a stuck up pretentious prick to actually see that you're being a complete tool. Alas, to each their own. From this moment on I'm willing to drop this god damn vendetta once and for all, again, the condition is for you to fill the chip in your shoulder. Neither of us are innocent in this thing, we've both been dicks. Ren's dead, let this pointless rivalry die with it. What d'you say?

While I believe what youve said so far in this post simply shows your ignorance, and proves really how pointless even this reply is, I must admit that with every clan my approach to things also changes.
I was beginning to see you in a better light than before, given who else are left in dxmp, but I am not sure that your post has helped in that regard. Just dont bother me, and it'll be just fine. :-)

As for my possible app to FGS, I will enjoy being UrT member with you guys, but for now for dx I have a bit different, non-epic/non-competitive idea in mind, so it probably will be a while until I apply. I apologize for the confusion and look forward to playing you guys in urt. :-)
This thread can be locked.

Last edited by synthetic on 13 Jul 2009, 15:45, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Deus Ex