Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

faster fire bug

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: faster fire bug - Postby synthetic » 17 Mar 2010, 00:32

Laggy pc wont make a difference for the server, just makes you easy frag food. High ping? Yes certainly if its quality server. Most games have some servers where youre auto kicked for having too high ping.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: faster fire bug - Postby ~DJ~ » 17 Mar 2010, 14:00

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Is it possible to check deusex.ini inputs of players in game by a mutator/addon/whatever? I mean.. if his tickrate or FPS is above a specific number then the player can be autokicked..?

~DJ~ wrote:I SAY AGAIN;

I don't think that there is ANY way at all to limit the FPS of anyone without their permissions.. at the Unreal Engine 1.

Sure, you can create a custom rendering driver, but how will you replace it via the server? you can't.. You will have to make them replace their drivers by their own permissionz.

SO LIEK FFFFF

That all other autokicked and stuff is possible, checking the tickrate or FPS is clearly... not that possible.

Since it's a driver, a .dll file, which it doesn't really get received nor checked from the server, and it's a rendering device.. so ye.

You can't fix it unless you create a hax render .dll, or just by capping it.. but you can't CAP it till they do it themselves, you can't make em do anything.. it's up to dem.

SO U GET?

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: faster fire bug - Postby synthetic » 17 Mar 2010, 18:18

So it is equally impossible to show the client fps on modified scoreboard then, as its strictly client side?

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: faster fire bug - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 17 Mar 2010, 20:25

I have basically two ideas..
First one is also a question; I read on an UT 99 forum that netspeed 10000 allows max 200 FPS.. If that's true, and considering that DX uses same engine, then is it possible to read player netspeeds by using a mod? Also, how much does netspeed actually affect FPS?
Second idea would be basically to look up UT 99 mods, forums and try to find similar cases.. I might do it on the weekend but I'll need someone to help me googling <3
But I think we should still contact Zora about it, I think I'll leave him a message to check out this topic.

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Re: faster fire bug - Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 17 Mar 2010, 20:25

~DJ~ wrote:
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Is it possible to check deusex.ini inputs of players in game by a mutator/addon/whatever? I mean.. if his tickrate or FPS is above a specific number then the player can be autokicked..?

~DJ~ wrote:I SAY AGAIN;

I don't think that there is ANY way at all to limit the FPS of anyone without their permissions.. at the Unreal Engine 1.

Sure, you can create a custom rendering driver, but how will you replace it via the server? you can't.. You will have to make them replace their drivers by their own permissionz.

SO LIEK FFFFF

That all other autokicked and stuff is possible, checking the tickrate or FPS is clearly... not that possible.

Since it's a driver, a .dll file, which it doesn't really get received nor checked from the server, and it's a rendering device.. so ye.

You can't fix it unless you create a hax render .dll, or just by capping it.. but you can't CAP it till they do it themselves, you can't make em do anything.. it's up to dem.

SO U GET?

I didn't get a word of what you're trying to say.

Use real words!

-What's the higher level if your metabolic end product ain't real?-
-The Earth is my whorehouse-
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: faster fire bug - Postby ~DJ~ » 17 Mar 2010, 22:40

ffffff

y da fak dint I used that when I thought of it @:

I was thinking to do a mutator to make a console command 'framelimitrate @value' but there was no command like dat, but there is..

Anyway, netspeed works with it I think, I'll need testers nao.

ANYONE?

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: faster fire bug - Postby Jima B » 17 Mar 2010, 22:45

I would never host a mod that permenantly changes FPS, but if you could force a max FPS of 120 that resets upon leaving, that would be awesome, and I'd certainly host that.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: faster fire bug - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 17 Mar 2010, 22:57

I think a permanent 120 FPS wouldn't hurt anyone, especially that it's normal.. if one's FPS doesn't reach 120 anyway, he should remain unaffacted right?

Tested with DJ, the mod works on SP so far, not on MP. YET.

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: faster fire bug - Postby Jima B » 18 Mar 2010, 01:54

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:I think a permanent 120 FPS wouldn't hurt anyone, especially that it's normal.. if one's FPS doesn't reach 120 anyway, he should remain unaffacted right?

Tested with DJ, the mod works on SP so far, not on MP. YET.

No, if ones FPS doesn't normally reach 120, and you Vsync it to 120, it would BARAEK.
You CAN set maxfps though, so do that.
If you can't play over about 30, and all of a sudden your framerate jumps to levels of a performance gaming card, you will not have a good time.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: faster fire bug - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 18 Mar 2010, 17:04

Nobody gives a metabolic end product about this game anyway, why'd you wanna cheat?

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: faster fire bug - Postby synthetic » 18 Mar 2010, 18:11

Throughout the years theres always been few individuals who wanted to cheat. I remember a bunch of maybe 3 people (that i know of) that used aimbot back in early 2005 or so. They did it for fun apparently, they werent bad players. I only found out when one of them admitted it when quitting the game.

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: faster fire bug - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 18 Mar 2010, 18:56

I can see the fun in shottime and reloadcount hax. Only if somebody else is using it too. SS and I used to hax up EDH server but would only attack eachother with shottime weapons.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: faster fire bug - Postby Fear » 20 Mar 2010, 02:04

I'm with Ken, im totally against any sort of fucked up warp or firerate problem, if i see anybody in RTKM warping, firing fast or in big bursts (lag), they will either fix it or not play, its harsh on the laggers who dont really know why or how to fix it, but if its nudging the word fair i cant allow it.

As for Phantom, i have recently made up with the guy after we spent months literally hating each other, i really dont know about the whole fire rate rumour thing because sometimes i beat him, yet other times im like what the *love* thats IMPOSSIBLE when your ping is double mine, because im certainly capable of assaulting against anybody.

Hopefully somebody can come up with a fix, i also notice a bunch of american players exploiting this in RTKM and FGS, to make up for the ping gap, its not on.

2004-2014
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: faster fire bug - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 20 Mar 2010, 19:56

Learn how to aug and i might take your opinion seriously

anihex
aniwho?...
aniwho?...

Nationality:
Germany

Re: faster fire bug - Postby anihex » 06 Apr 2010, 20:19

Wait a sec ... Where does that glitch exactly start?
My DeusEx.ini says:
Code: Select all
FrameRateLimit=100

I'm asking 'cuz my GFX card reaches 128 FPS in some cases and I don't wanna have that glitch. I noticed it starts pretty soon (150 or so) but I'm not sure about it.

// Edit I tested how many FPS I can get if I don't cap the FPS to 100.
Resutlt ( not the best hardware, I know ~.~ )

Return to Deus Ex