Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Fear » 16 Jul 2010, 20:18

I can see you feel strongly about your views Blade given the rather long post, i will keep it brief;

If the guy does it again, he will be removed and eventually banned if persistent, as will you Blade if you keep being immature, your whole name change and spam habit isn't exactly new.

~Blade~ wrote:
Fear wrote:you've worn a bunch of incorrect tags before which makes you a severe hypocrit.

I only do that to annoy DJ (when he's in the server), cuz he calls me BALD (WTF?) and I never wear another clans tag and call people to join that clan + teach others how to abuse bugs.

~ You wear the FGS tag annoy DJ, and to annoy me (to get my attention negatively).
~ jEj wears the THC tag to annoy you.
~ You wearing the FGS tag to "get my attention" is the same as jEj wearing the THC tag, because it gets your attention.
~ jEj might have been teaching bugs in other servers, but the only bugs that can be used in our server are grenade jumping and the drop bug, i didn't see such a thing whilst i was there (if he did before i joined you did not provide me with evidence), and as you know i do remove people who use the drop bug (I'm certain i have removed you for drop bugging blade, several times).

This doesn't need to be escalated because we have both said our piece, you know what you need to do, and so do i.

2004-2014
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Jul 2010, 21:46

I stopped reading after Fear and Blade kicked off but I will say.

1. You are lucky not to be banned off AG server. Someone else bugging is not any excuse for you to bug either. So I find it amusing that you could complain about admins, best to make sure you aren't contributing to the stresses and workloads of DX admins before you complain about them huh.

2. You are good player with a lot of skills and so is Fear, so I don't see the point of falling out.

3. Admin is not an easy job.

4. I completely agree with Herr Nobody that this is a transitional period and right now the serverlist will be very much in development, we will have new FGS admins and new admin mods also under development right now, so obviously we can not guarantee players we will be perfect service, especially players messing around on our servers.

EVERYONE CHILL OUT, GO AND PLAY DX OR SOMETHING!

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~Blade~ » 17 Jul 2010, 00:01

Fear wrote:Spam habit isn't exactly new.

I only did that two days ago because after writing normally, I didn't get any response from the "respectable and fair admin", so I thought maybe he didn't see it (cuz he might have just picked up a body) so I repeated it. I certainly would not have repeated as many times if the "respectable and fair admin" bothered to reply.
Fear wrote:~ You wear the FGS tag annoy DJ, and to annoy me (to get my attention negatively).
~ jEj wears the THC tag to annoy you.
~ You wearing the FGS tag to "get my attention" is the same as jEj wearing the THC tag, because it gets your attention.

My biggest irritation has already been mentioned:
Blade wrote:...in one of the previous maps he asked someone called "ALFA" to join THC, after which ALFA added THC to the front of his name. Which the real members were less than impressed about.

I rarely wear clan tags do not belong to me and if I do (when DJ is in the server, which is very rare) I never call others to join that clan. You seem to misunderstand the difference between a joke & something serious.
Fear wrote:
...and as you know i do remove people who use the drop bug (I'm certain i have removed you for drop bugging blade, several times).

I've never abused the drop bug on the FGS/RTKM server so please don't falsely accuse me of something.

I find this rather strange that for this guy's behaviour with-in the dxmp community, there are still people among the [FGS]/[RTKM] server admins that think they did the correct thing in not banning this guy at that time, while he'd already managed to get himself banned (as I said) from several other servers, as well as several clan forums.

ShadowRunner wrote:1. You are lucky not to be banned off AG server. Someone else bugging is not any excuse for you to bug either.
2. You are good player with a lot of skills and so is Fear, so I don't see the point of falling out.
3. Admin is not an easy job.
4. I completely agree with Herr Nobody that this is a transitional period and right now the serverlist will be very much in development, we will have new FGS admins and new admin mods also under development right now, so obviously we can not guarantee players we will be perfect service, especially players messing around on our servers.

5. EVERYONE CHILL OUT, GO AND PLAY DX OR SOMETHING!

1. I was not bugging to gain an advantage, I was investigating how that bug actually worked because the server admin (Deja) didn't believe me when I said another player was cheating, so I had to find some proof that it could be done; and I immediately reported to him how this bug works.
2. err...I'm not falling out with anyone, I just believe an admin has acted incorrectly to a situation, which I don't want a repeat of. And I hope I have achieved this. (and thanks for calling me a good player.)
3. I have my own server, so I know what it's like.
5. YE ATDM TEMP SERVER IS BACK BUT ITS BTDM FOR NEXT COUPLE DAYS D:

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Kaiden » 17 Jul 2010, 07:33

Looks like he's just going around telling everyone how to shot time, any self respecting sever should be running CRDM anyway, (except for EdH, but then again that's their fault for not using the mod), looks like pretty much everyone can shot time abuse now anyway.

Last edited by Kaiden on 18 Jul 2010, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Mastakilla » 17 Jul 2010, 09:10

Blade, stop being a hypocrite, you admitted to taking a clan tag yourself, claiming its a joke, but when someone else does it you cry. Then it's not a joke
anymore. I understand the difference you're trying to add that the other person is inviting people into the clan, but that's not justifying your actions AT ALL.
So stop complaining and feel lucky no one bitched about having you banned, before bitching about Fear banning other people. If this person really is
such a menace as you claim him to be, he will be removed before long, don't worry about that.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Fear » 18 Jul 2010, 00:04

Blade i really dont understand what your problem is, you need to look at yourself before judging others, i think you have absolutely no idea about administrating a server properly going by everything you have said in this topic, your a massive hypocrite, and somebody who is very deluded by the looks of it, stop it please.

2004-2014
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Jul 2010, 16:29

Yes, Shot-time or fast fire, how do you tell the difference? Definitely some people have an advantage on default and on custom servers.

Blade wrote:1. I was not bugging to gain an advantage, I was investigating how that bug actually worked because the server admin (Deja) didn't believe me when I said another player was cheating, so I had to find some proof that it could be done; and I immediately reported to him how this bug works.

OK bugging is bugging, for whatever reason, it stops the admin from having fun and playing dx, therefore there is no real excuse in a fight for bugging. I'm admin on that server and I've never reconnection bugged ever in 4 years on AG. Besides, if DX3 players come to DXMP and find a game full of retards and haters, people godding, people bugging etc, then har har game over?

Deja knows there has been cheating and has given admin out. There has been a focus on how to prevent false bans, but stamp out reconnection bugging. Something is being done. What players can do to help is very simple, they can not bug, especially in front of people who dont bug, new players etc.

Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Kaiden » 18 Jul 2010, 23:52

ShadowRunner wrote:Yes, Shot-time or fast fire, how do you tell the difference? Definitely some people have an advantage on default and on custom servers.

Blade wrote:1. I was not bugging to gain an advantage, I was investigating how that bug actually worked because the server admin (Deja) didn't believe me when I said another player was cheating, so I had to find some proof that it could be done; and I immediately reported to him how this bug works.

OK bugging is bugging, for whatever reason, it stops the admin from having fun and playing dx, therefore there is no real excuse in a fight for bugging. I'm admin on that server and I've never reconnection bugged ever in 4 years on AG. Besides, if DX3 players come to DXMP and find a game full of retards and haters, people godding, people bugging etc, then har har game over?

Deja knows there has been cheating and has given admin out. There has been a focus on how to prevent false bans, but stamp out reconnection bugging. Something is being done. What players can do to help is very simple, they can not bug, especially in front of people who dont bug, new players etc.

Lol Deja's still around? <:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Jul 2010, 06:36

Europa servers (AG and ATDM) are owned/rented by Deja Vu.

I guess he's smart enough to see the potential of AG as a mod for the future of DX...

Aidan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Aidan » 19 Jul 2010, 07:53

Also, if you happen to ever be trapped in his masterserver of death... Then ALL the servers are his. Like a dictatorship. mutate shineshoes

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Jima B » 19 Jul 2010, 14:37

Sorry I'm late: I'm pretty confident in Fear's ability to administrate.

Wearing the tags of about ten clans isn't much of a problem. It's obvious they are kidding and not serious. They aren't impersonating or anything, or multiclanning, they are just playing with lots of tags in their names, so what? If they wore FGS alongside five other tags, so what? Everyone knows they aren't in FGS, so no harm done. Fair enough, tell them off for it, but we aren't banning them, regardless of how much we dont like it.

If they wear it alone, with a name, then it's a problem. Looking at the thread, it appears you did that. I skimmed, so I could be wrong.

Also, I dont care if this guy cheats. Fair enough, I'll watch out for him, but unless he cheats on RTKM, then I'm not going to do anything about it on RTKM, because he might -never- cheat on RTKM.

If you want information about a player from the server log, you can ask me over MSN, email or PM, and I'll try my best to help.

Sorry you feel like you've been ignored a bit. Sometimes we spend all day working on the server, or the clan, trying to fix things, dealing with life, and then we come online for a nice friendly game of DX, and get an ear-full and a complaint, and it just doesnt feel good. That's how it is.

Someone suggested I take on a few more admins, and it sounds like that could benefit you, in this case, too. I'll see if I can draft some more admins in to help.

Thanks for taking the time to notify us.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Aidan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Aidan » 19 Jul 2010, 17:51

The idea of dual clanning aggravates me anyways. Being in two organizations at once? two sides? What if one clan wanted to fight the other, but you're wearing both tags?! D:<

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Jul 2010, 18:52

Does multiclanning even exist anymore in DX?

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 19 Jul 2010, 20:05

If it does, then not long anymore; and here not at all.

Jima B wrote: Sometimes we spend all day working on the server, or the clan, trying to fix things, dealing with life, and then we come online for a nice friendly game of DX, and get an ear-full and a complaint, and it just doesnt feel good. That's how it is.

Hmm well.. independently of the current situation.. that's the sacrifice you make, if you decide to be an admin.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 20 Jul 2010, 02:28

woah I just tried to enter RTKM/FGS 0aug and I was autobanned :/

Return to Deus Ex