Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Check this unity of gamers and coders

Author
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 05 Aug 2010, 23:46

Unity between the gamers and the coders,

The way it should be if such a remote gaming community such as DXMP wishes to endure. There is a necessity for both classes of DXers and is cause for how much the game has diversified so much in the past nine years. This game was thrown together haphazardly by the Ion/Eidos people and hardly prospered from being a great idea. After a few years the developers abandoned it leaving it incomplete, glitchy, and needy for patches.

Die hard fans of DX have kept the small community going for years because they took the time out to code for such an old and otherwise ignored MP. The players experience DXMP so much better now because of the improvements made by people who wanted to make the game better for the players.

Without the players, the game and the codes would lack all purpose. So there is no need for both sides of DXMP to hate. If mapping and coding is what someone excels at but they don't play the game it's alright because they improve the game for those that do play it. And if someone doesn't code and they just excel at the game it's alright because they are using your product in the game.

If both sides appreciated the necessity for one another in the community all of the DXers could coexist without constantly manifesting trivial drama and building unfounded animosities toward one another.

That is all.

[FGS]FlyingGhost
TheDragonMaster
TheDragonMaster

World: Earth Year: 5348 Location: (45673,08664)
Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby [FGS]FlyingGhost » 05 Aug 2010, 23:56

only thing i can think of to say is amen <3

Mounir12 wrote:Hey guys i am Mounir i was banned cus i lam bugged so someone can unban me (btw i want to be memeber of fgs)

~DJ~ wrote:I don't want to discuss anymore, he's outta his mind!111

ShadowRunner wrote:Altfire is not altfire without Ichotolot...
Aidan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Aidan » 06 Aug 2010, 05:42

BEST POST OF THE DECADE.

Really, it is.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 06 Aug 2010, 14:46

Marry me!

Aidan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Aidan » 06 Aug 2010, 16:57

When I find that special someone, one day..

I shall propose to her.

With this verse.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Aug 2010, 18:49

?

Is there some kind of bloody war going on between coders and players then?
Overdramatic topic to be quite honest...

Both sides do appreciate eachother, I'm sure.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby synthetic » 07 Aug 2010, 13:08

A proper dx player doesnt even appreciate his mother, let alone another player or coder thats "hacker" probably as it is.

Aidan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Aidan » 08 Aug 2010, 08:54

Mastakilla wrote:?

I haven't noticed any war over the past decade lol

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby synthetic » 08 Aug 2010, 10:49

Aidan wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:?

I haven't noticed any war over the past decade lol

Cracking of MTL, cracking of advban, Mainman spamming wp rockets from sniper rifle, Wasted using his hacks, community vs Alex, Lionheart camping the only playable server with his fast fire.. Dogny hosting a server that created some sort of primitive worm on your pc/dx folder, Dejavu using 2 or 3 different attacks on servers either crashing them or changing your master server in your computer or even cloaking it from the masterserver, the list goes on and on. Every time there was drama.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Mastakilla » 08 Aug 2010, 17:24

Yes, and the last time this happened is... How long ago?

I'm gonna make a topic for unity between Germans and Jews kthx

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby synthetic » 08 Aug 2010, 17:28

Surely it all happened with the past decade. If there isnt any of that going on anymore it simply means the games going through another low.

Aidan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby Aidan » 08 Aug 2010, 19:08

I meant to say war between "Mappers vs Coders".

I'm aware of all those wars lol.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby synthetic » 08 Aug 2010, 19:15

That is nonsense, who said there ever was some kind of war between mappers and coders?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby ~DJ~ » 08 Aug 2010, 20:19

there never was.

except apart from elemental vs all

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Check this unity of gamers and coders - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 08 Aug 2010, 20:25

Hammer[HK]Time! wrote:Unity between the gamers and the coders,

The way it should be if such a remote gaming community such as DXMP wishes to endure. There is a necessity for both classes of DXers and is cause for how much the game has diversified so much in the past nine years. This game was thrown together haphazardly by the Ion/Eidos people and hardly prospered from being a great idea. After a few years the developers abandoned it leaving it incomplete, glitchy, and needy for patches.

Die hard fans of DX have kept the small community going for years because they took the time out to code for such an old and otherwise ignored MP. The players experience DXMP so much better now because of the improvements made by people who wanted to make the game better for the players.

Without the players, the game and the codes would lack all purpose. So there is no need for both sides of DXMP to hate. If mapping and coding is what someone excels at but they don't play the game it's alright because they improve the game for those that do play it. And if someone doesn't code and they just excel at the game it's alright because they are using your product in the game.

If both sides appreciated the necessity for one another in the community all of the DXers could coexist without constantly manifesting trivial drama and building unfounded animosities toward one another.

That is all.

Wow, you'd have been the last one of whom I would have expected to write something like that.
Well said, though.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Deus Ex