Server hax/mutator thingy - Switching gravity.

The time is right for a suicide!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Server hax/mutator thingy - Switching gravity.

Post by ShadowRunner »

Is it possible to have a server which can change gravity according to map? SG maps and Altfire type maps need low grav, but HR maps and some custom maps need normal grav. I'm renting a server which is going to be augs/skills with a mix of tac and default weps. No parker hell/inf bio, not atdm either.

Since all maps, except the first 2 SG maps, will be either Chinny's, FGS maps, or mine to start with, it's possible to edit the maps if necessary I guess, but whatever way it would be done, obviously it would be a daily thing to add maps or maptests.
Can it be done for zero cash very quickly and with little thanks, (I can call it [FGS]Otherworld and post bs on forums about you), we need some way of altering gravity, depending on map.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Re: Server hax/mutator thingy - Switching gravity.

Post by ~][FGS][Nobody~ »

ShadowRunner wrote:Is it possible to have a server which can change gravity according to map?
Yes.
ShadowRunner wrote:Since all maps, except the first 2 SG maps, will be either Chinny's, FGS maps, or mine to start with
FGS maps are to be hosted on FGS. You need to gain permission to host those maps.
ShadowRunner wrote:it's possible to edit the maps if necessary I guess, but whatever way it would be done
Editing the map should be the the last resort.
ShadowRunner wrote:Can it be done for zero cash very quickly and with little thanks
Yes.
ShadowRunner wrote: (I can call it [FGS]Otherworld and post bs on forums about you)
I'm not sure what that means but I guess you shouldn't do that.
ShadowRunner wrote:we need some way of altering gravity, depending on map.
An extended low gravity mutator could perform that.
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)
chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.
synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.
~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Post by Mastakilla »

Shadowrunner so misses being one of us.
I just know it.

AWWWWW
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

When I read metabolic end product like this, not really Masta...
FGS maps are to be hosted on FGS. You need to gain permission to host those maps.
Hang on, I "can't" host the maps I made, on my own server? I can only host my maps on a FGS server? wow.

If you are referring to 2 SG maps, then again, how suddenly people need permission to host SG. ZXC didn't. Since you know already the other SG maps will not work, without the first two installed, are you trying to ban me from finishing SG work, which everyone has been asking for and will probably get hosted on few servers anyway.

DXMP_Towers is an FGS map? wow. Scoutzknifez is an FGS map? wow.

Where exactly are you coming from here.

Since you say "yes" you can make it, I'll spare you from the rant and lecture about creative copyright and publishing. If an FGS map has been released to the public with a readme for hosting, why would I need to kneel before you Noodz, I don't follow.

Also I'm wondering how it works, how can a server admin let the server know which maps to use normal grav with? i.e. can this be done without new maps needing anything doing, just simple editing of the ini or something?
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

ShadowRunner wrote:O RLY, I can't host the maps I made, on my own server? I can only host my maps on a FGS server? wow.
In real life your creations usually belong to the company, which is still the case after leaving that company.
THANK GOD SUCH RULES CANNOT BE ENFORCED IN DX.
ShadowRunner wrote:Since you know already the other SG maps will not work, without the first two installed, are you trying to ban me from finishing SG work?
Why should the other SG maps not work? They have no relation to eachother. All they have in common is SG_MOD.
ShadowRunner wrote:DXMP_Towers is an FGS map? wow. Scoutzknifez is an FGS map? wow.
Redundant questions are redundant. Of course those maps are not property of FGS, but the FGS typical gravity settings belong to the Altfire server and shouldn't be duplicated.

ShadowRunner wrote:OK fine, well as usual was a waste of time trying to do anything constructive with you.
As usual you're just picking out one sentence of my post and starting a vendetta about it.

The other 90% of the post were elaborating and giving a solution to your gravity question, which you obviously didn't notice at all because you were blind with rage again. :roll:
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.
synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Why should the other SG maps not work? They have no relation to eachother. All they have in common is SG_MOD.
Again a disingenious answer. So you are banning me from hosting the first 2 SG maps? So there will be no server with all SG maps on it? Good call Nobody. Perhaps personal feelings are getting in the way of your common sense?

Redundant questions are redundant. Of course those maps are not property of FGS, but the FGS typical gravity settings belong to the Altfire server and shouldn't be duplicated.
I quoted those 2 maps as example, I'm unlikely to host Scoutz if it is on Altfire. And I'm unlikely to host old version of Towers.

And yes Nobody, precisely the point. You were the only person on this planet with some objection to other FGS members running Wunderland 2, the old low grav augged server. Everyone else I have spoken to thinks it is a good idea. Since you don't have the time to manage so many servers, I don't see what your problem is, other than personal issues with the hoster.

Since I aim to add augs and tac weps mixed with default weps, and largely different maps, I can't see any "replication" of Altfire. You spend your life worrying about stuff which doesn't happen. Same with the guy who wants admin/mod on the forums, he's been in FGS longer than you, so your thinking is a bit absurd if you don't mind me saying.

I strongly believe, as you guys did with Altfire 1/Wunderland 1, that Wunderland 2 needs updating, the old default/aug and exactly same maps formula, won't work. As you can see on ZXC, there is a demand for the aug/tac/custom map style server.
By not having Parker Hell and inf bio, it should be even more popular.

Also, you seem to miss topic title, I don't intend to run low grav 24/7, only on certain maps. So stop talking about "duplication" of servers, that is the last thing I intend to do.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

ShadowRunner wrote:Again a disingenious answer. So you are banning me from hosting the first 2 SG maps?
Since SG is no property of FGS (not even of Alpha, because it was created far before), you can host it. I have no personal vendetta against you. Sure you can host the SG maps. I just wanted clarification according to FGS maps hosted on Altfire.
ShadowRunner wrote:You are the only person on this planet with some objection to other FGS members running Wunderland 2.
I don't. I even selected chinny to take care of the Altfire server (former Wunderland2 server), thus giving up the total control.
My only objection is that it's pointless these days to host two Wunderland 2 servers.

ShadowRunner wrote:the old low grav augged server
If there is demand, then we will debate a change of the altfire setting FGS internally. Up to now there was no complain about the general setting yet.
Since you're the first person having an objection to the current general setting, it will be taken into account.
ShadowRunner wrote:Everyone else I have spoken to thinks it is a good idea.
That is irrelevant, as long as that surveys just happen between you and others separately and not on this forum in a corresponding thread.

---
ShadowRunner wrote:Since I aim to add augs and tac weps mixed with default weps, and largely different maps, I can't see any "replication" of Altfire
That's correct.
ShadowRunner wrote:Same with the guy who wants admin/mod on the forums, he's been in FGS longer than you, so your thinking is a bit absurd if you don't mind me saying.
I don't see where you're coming from. Chinny was accepted as moderator.
Also.. if you start picking into that silly membership/original-FGS wound again.. I'm one of the oldest members of this forum. I was here far before you all joined.. Your argumentation has no base.
ShadowRunner wrote:I strongly believe, as you guys did with Altfire 1/Wunderland 1, that Wunderland 2 needs updating, the old default/aug and exactly same maps formula, won't work. As you can see on ZXC, there is a demand for the aug/tac/custom map style server.
It still seems to exist confusion about wunderland 1 and 2.
Back then, Wunderland 1 was NOT the altfire server. It's always been Wunderland 2.
Due to a olack of servers and a lack of players Wunderland1 is not being hosted anymore.
If we wanted to revive wunderland1 it would make sense to put it in a setting with tactical weapons and augs, as you say but since you're planning to host such a server it doesn't worth for FGS to host one too.
ShadowRunner wrote:By not having Parker Hell and inf bio, it should be even more popular.
Parker hale was a completely overpowered rifle. That's why I created TacticalExt with corresponding tamed weapons. If you're really planning to host a tactical server I can provide that extension.

PS: Please stop editing your posts a thousand times. I'm not that fast with typing and cannot take the edits into account.
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Since SG is no property of FGS (not even of Alpha, because it was created far before), you can host it. I have no personal vendetta against you. Sure you can host the SG maps. I just wanted clarification according to FGS maps hosted on Altfire.
Well obviously, as I said I am not duplicating the tnag/low grav thing, so why would I host Twinz or Altfighter. As far as I know, there's nothing else on server. I wouldn't be interested to host Altfighter on other servers, unless vac nades were moved from the spawnrooms/corridors.
My only objection is that it's pointless these days to host two Wunderland 2 servers.
Totally agree, have never suggested this, "Wunderland" is just a name. Even in 2010 when we argued about FGS servers, I was not ever suggesting two altfire servers, but two different servers. I think I've always talked about tac or default and varying the maps.

If there is demand, then we will debate a change of the altfire setting FGS internally. Up to now there was no complain about the general setting yet.
Again you are worming your way out of letting other FGS or other people run other servers. This is not what I am talking about. I am talking about TWO DIFFERENT SERVERS. My only dislike of current altfire is the current lack of lams. I am not suggesting any change to Altfire, I am talking about a SECOND and DIFFERENT server. I've been telling you this since 2010. Excuse me if I lose patience sometimes. Tac and Tnag need two different servers I think.

LOL forum membership and clan membership are two different things. And even so, does that give you the right to dictate?

If we wanted to revive wunderland1 it would make sense to put it in a setting with tactical weapons and augs, as you say but since you're planning to host such a server it doesn't worth for FGS to host one too.
You really don't get it. Topic was about donating a server, you tweaking the gravity thing, everyone being happy. I don't care whether I'm a member or not, or whether it's called FGS or not ( but personally since low grav will be there on some maps, I think it should), I care about the bigger picture. Just came here to talk and see if it could be done.

It's what I was trying to do in 2010, there is a demand for it, despite what you say, ZXC servers are very busy. It makes sense, all I really need from you is to be less obstructive and give it a fair chance, I'm sure the server will get used.
IchoTolot
invisible in background
Location: Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

Post by IchoTolot »

Low Grav is an idea of DWK but they had this not permanently ... I also remember attempts with Low Grav from NoChance but they failed :D
pi/100*1337=42
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Not trying to run a low grav server, just want low grav on certain SG maps and space-themed maps in a server, which is very different from altfire. I don't know why Nobody keeps mentioning "duplicating" servers. Why would I do that.

I came here with good intentions, to be friendly, to offer something to the table and to talk about an idea which is constructive. The lack of enthusiasm for being offered a server, makes me think I am just wasting my time.
IchoTolot
invisible in background
Location: Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

Post by IchoTolot »

i have no prob with this hosting
pi/100*1337=42
[FGS]Kosh
[insert individual rank]
[insert individual rank]

Post by [FGS]Kosh »

:smt108
[FGS]FlyingGhost
TheDragonMaster
TheDragonMaster

Post by [FGS]FlyingGhost »

I really don't get whats the big problem is that you seem to see. I think because i don't know the personal communication between you too, but still this is just a game. It is not a corporation or what so ever. I can't think of more to say because I'm not a good one in arguments but still, just quit this weird argument because I know this isn't about the server but about what is going on between you two guys...

Thats all I have to say.
Mounir12 wrote:Hey guys i am Mounir i was banned cus i lam bugged so someone can unban me (btw i want to be memeber of fgs)
~DJ~ wrote:I don't want to discuss anymore, he's outta his mind!111
ShadowRunner wrote:Altfire is not altfire without Ichotolot...
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Well nothing further to say, since Icho gives a green light, I shall do it and then sure, if people have issues they can speak up.
This is entirely different from Alpha making an altfire server, for a start I'm not against you, I'm perfectly willing to work with you, secondly the planned server is going to be nothing like altfire, I just hoped that certain maps could have low grav and was my only reason for bringing this piece of news to your attention to be honest. It will also allow the small map brigade to do what the hell they like on the altfire server, since I will host some larger classic maps. Whether FGS get involved or not, it's good for FGS and everyone else. By providing some competition to ZXC as well, as a quality custom server, people might just start using it and DX Evolved more too. That competition hopefully will "up" ZXC's output too. I might even try to engage Hydra or others on this project. Basically setting the pace for custom. Altfire is just too weird for some people and tac/augs is more familiar.