Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Project ANNA

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 05 Nov 2013, 07:22

Proper speedhack fix requires a lot of work, but as far as I know there is no known issues beyond that. It is the amount of work that one coder doesn't want to waste time on, the other doesn't have time to spend on, and third cannot implement all of the fixes as of now.

For detection a pop-up type message was discussed, and if necessary a cheater or a player with unstable game can be frozen on the spot with the message. Alex already has a mutator that opens website from deus ex, so I guess such things are all possible and visual representation is merely down to additional code.

Clearly a better solution would be to fix the issue for the player, but it seems impossible without at least some kind of downloads. TD fix first suggested by Poor then developed individually by both Alex and DejaVu has led to some potential concerns, such as at the very least being incompatible with the rendering settings of some players. It is currently unclear what specifically conflicts with the fix. While some hosts have decided - for unspecified or esoteric reasons - against using it, I can vouch that TimeDilation server can provide a stable performance to majority of players (as my clan uses the fix). I can also say that I have seen some 3 players (concerningly high percentage) who have had problems that have turned out to be renderer or FPS related. In some cases it seems that TD fix is unable to stabilize the game for some accelerated players unless the players fix their FPS themselves. Unfortunately no specific details are available.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 21 Nov 2014, 02:14

We discussed at some point how to implement speed fix, and while miniMTL managed to get it to work for most ( but not all) players, Alex saw all kinds of issues that this brute measure could lead to. So, I had another thought the other day:

What about adding it to somewhere visible for players (or logged admins). Preferably not just plain ole server log or console, though.

While not a direct fix it would allow admins to quickly detect out of sync players, and if other players can see it as well then they can contact admins themselves (or otherwise cause a ruckus).

So ideal non-fixed fix for common cheat issues could actually come in the shape of FPS display in public (one version of ANNA had it) *and* timedilation display in public. This way netspeed doesnt get raped (ANNA), lagging players dont get raped (mMTL), demorecs will work (mMTL), and false positives wont be an issue.

As it is, there have been no fully functional fixes to any of our issues, but being able to at least detect and have an admin take charge is a vast improvement.
I'm not entirely sure but perhaps it'll also detect CE program that even mMTL cannot properly fix.

It'll leave 2 aspects still to further develop in ANNA vs mMTL however: connection optimization and spectate view. It seems a version of ANNA currently hosted in DXMP has severely bugged spectate (gain no start rewards for entering game straight from spectate), the fact that players prefer bit improved mMTL spectate aside.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Poor » 21 Nov 2014, 07:15

It would be great if Alexander would release the source code. Current miniMTL and ANNA have their own unique advantages but both are no longer being developed. I would love to merge the two and and add my own fixes. I could do it without the source code but it wouldn't be smart to pïss off the guy in control of the community master server. \:D/

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 22 Nov 2014, 11:40

I can tell you right now that Alex would be extremely upset about it, yeah. I'll try have a chat with him and see what comes of it.. giving ANNA an advantage over miniMTL might pique his interest, maybe.

Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Kaiden » 26 Nov 2014, 02:49

Didn't CRM (full version) have some form of speed-hack prevention? While it had its issues could be interesting to see if it ever had any protection against that.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 26 Nov 2014, 19:41

CRM? CRD? Not that I know of or I'd imagine Alex would have mentioned it. Maybe you mean his fixes against Lionhearts fast fire hacks, but I was under the impression that those hacks were just coded like that by Lionheart himself and it doesnt really connect to the issues we have today. Unless you mean something else, of course.

I've written thousands of words through dozens of posts and articles on this already so I feel weird to even mention it again, but our issues regarding speedhacks stem directly from the fact that our lazy developers made entire game dependent on old hardware restrictions. Or in other words, Deus Ex works as intended -- if you have a computer from year 1999-2000. I think good part of the blame is actually on Epic in all of this, as their UT series as well as other unreal games have same issues.

Okay, I can understand that properly preparing for multiple core processors wasnt maybe in the top list for any game dev. Those of us who play old games know that the problem is pretty common. But what I don't understand is why the game is so crappily coded that it cannot even bear 150 fps Oo. If you tweak your game enough you can probably hit that range on some 2002 top hardware even. It took Epic like 5 years + to even release some kind of patch to their own UT game for speedhacking issue (ut2k4 eventually got it with some patch if i remember correctly; tweaked in game ini file).

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 19 Oct 2015, 21:48

Hereby the source of ANNA and EMMA is released.

Source of ANNA101 is here:
http://deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/mult ... source.zip
This should contain the working source of ANNA101.

The latest development version is here:
http://deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/mult ... 03_src.zip

This version is untested, might not compile and contains a lot of random code that does not work, might spam your server console and is very much experimental/was never meant to be implemented into ANNA. I can try to answer questions to the best of my abilities (memory of code + if I have the time).

Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Kaiden » 20 Oct 2015, 01:33

I'm guessing that releasing that won't compromise it's anti-abuse features? :) And hi.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 20 Oct 2015, 17:17

If it was, it wouldn't be a good security mod since obscurity is always bad security. 8-)

Anyway, in case of questions, I can try to answer stuff too, since I was actively working on it until version 101 as well.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Ermac » 06 Feb 2016, 12:44

Help !

Adminlogin <password>
Admin Set DeusEx.DeusExMPGame VictoryCondition Frags
Admin Set DeusEx.DeusExMPGame ScoreToWin 20

doesn't work with anna103b1.

:S

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Feb 2016, 21:54

The adminlogin doesn't work or the admin set commands don't work?

In case two: do just this ones not work or aren't admin set commands working in general?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Ermac » 07 Feb 2016, 21:01

Hi Nobody,

Thank you for your help.
The admin set commands work well in general.
Only this one seems broken.

I tried another way : i changed the line VictoryCondition=Time in VictoryCondition=Frags

directly in the deusex.ini file in C:\DeusEx\System folder.

[DeusEx.DeusExMPGame]
SkillsTotal=0
SkillsAvail=0
InitialAugs=0
AugsPerKill=0
ScoreToWin=15
VictoryCondition=Time
MPSkillStartLevel=3
CurrentMap=DXMP_Smuggler
bTrackWeapons=False
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False
bClassicDeathMessages=False
fFriendlyFireMult=1.000000
SkillsPerKill=0

It was a fail too.

To be sure, i tried my commands in a server with MTL152b1 and it was a success.

We need a ANNA103b2 ?

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 07 Feb 2016, 22:37

How did you compile ANNA103?

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Ermac » 08 Feb 2016, 13:57

Alexander wrote:How did you compile ANNA103?

Like usual ?

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 09 Feb 2016, 20:54

Even though you say you have compiled it, let me tell you how I compiled it: I always use the DXMTLDummy with the MTLExtender executable (I am aware of the fixed DXMTL152b1, but I never used it myself).

You can find both here:
http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17032

Then, you need to have the EMMA package (in the EditPackages list) before ANNA.
So, your EditPackages would look like this:
Code: Select all
EditPackages=DXMTLDummy
EditPackages=EMMA100
EditPackages=ANNA103

It should compile without any error or warning (if I recall correctly, if it does, please paste it here!), and after compiling you need to run the MTLExtender executable on ANNA103.u

Return to Deus Ex