Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

idiot on FGS server not long ago.

Author
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 22 Oct 2012, 12:39

Fear wrote:only spamming tends to bother me because of the ping sound,
..then apply THIS patch! :-D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Oct 2012, 14:03

I can't say anyone bothered me at all this year, except that sometimes I would like to see teambalancer on some servers.

Also I see some fairly big changes to the servers. Clanned players are planting grenades in teleporters and teleporter exits routinely now. Inty is planting 4-5 grenades all over a spawnroom and hiding them in every choke point's door. I'm watching guys get killed several times and then leave. If you have clanned players planting on teleporters or ringroom doors and in spawnroom doors, then what hope do you have of making the game fun or challenging. It's just making players take several minutes to actually spawn and find the enemy. It's not just Inty, but clanned players too, planting on the frigging ring transporter or in the spawnroom door.

I think this does more damage to the server than anything, slows it right down, people leave. I would kick Inty until he is sick of being kicked and realizes he has no option but to stop spawnkilling with hidden grenades, because he's going to be kicked every 30 seconds anyway, his nades won't arm, he's not boss, he will have no choice, if given no choice.

The "well you can run from spawn and don't select wep" is not really true either, because often you need to type or answer a question, or simply players don't suspect someone would be that lame and they pull a wep inside the spawnroom out of habit., or there is fighting outside the spawnroom door.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Oct 2012, 14:21

I was on Altfire last week as Player# and the abuse Inty was dishing out was epic! Then again it might not be the legit Inty player only Nobody could confirm that i guess.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Oct 2012, 14:42

3-4 years ago, 5-10 players would be screaming at him and if he chose not to play ball, he would be dealt with swiftly, probably repeated kickings until he chose to stop and would take 2-3 weeks of persistently kicking him, until he realizes he's being watched ALL the time. But it would fix him for sure, people always got with the programme.

The SG maps are vulnerable in this way, as are any indoor maps with cabinets or free grenades.

I assumed the Scoutz fever was due to his abuse.

You could start destroying his traps, but that would be a worse thing, lead to even more mayhem.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Oct 2012, 14:42

3-4 years ago, 5-10 players would be screaming at him and if he chose not to play ball, he would be dealt with swiftly, probably repeated kickings until he chose to stop and would take 2-3 weeks of persistently kicking him, until he realizes he's being watched ALL the time. But it would fix him for sure, people always got with the programme.

The SG maps are vulnerable in this way, as are any indoor maps with cabinets or free grenades.

I assumed the Scoutz fever was due to his abuse.

You could start destroying his traps, but that would be a worse thing, lead to even more mayhem.

Having said all this, server rules are far from clear in any server, if you are not a forum user. Also Inty has made it "normal", it's so common now that other players see it as normal.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby Mastakilla » 22 Oct 2012, 14:57

I think the biggest problem is that there's usually not an admin around

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: idiot on FGS server not long ago. - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Oct 2012, 15:09

I would agree, does look like that sometimes.

I think some kind of infolink message would make life a lot easier for admins, who then simply have to quote the law, rather than "be" the law, the whole thing is much less personal and aggravated and the offender will feel less victimized and really have no choice but to play ball or be kicked fairly and squarely.

There are guys already destroying your traps or planting over them, admin seems to be the only way to deal with this guy.

Return to Deus Ex