Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

RIP Ste

Author

RIP Ste - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 10 Dec 2013, 06:00

I can't say I knew Ste very well, but I know he was one of us, and he'll be really missed by a sweet, loving family, and an enormous circle of friends from all over the world. Rest in peace Ste!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: RIP Ste - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Dec 2013, 14:12

I was actually disappointed with his mum to be honest, for robbing his disabled father's bank account while Ste was fighting cancer and it sounds like the hospital didn't get his treatment/dosage right and in general, he didn't get all of the help he could have, or should have received. His maps are something to remember him by and I will always remember maptesting with him in 2006 and 2007 and that despite being fairly atdm, he had great enthusiasm and support for custom dxmp and our mapping projects. As I said with Kosh, words fail and nothing can adequately describe the loss. RIP Stephen Myhill.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: RIP Ste - Postby ~DJ~ » 11 Dec 2013, 07:49

for some time now I thought it all was okay.. but.. well.
I can't say either that I knew him that well, but as you said, he was one of us..
Rest in Peace.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: RIP Ste - Postby chin.democ. » 11 Dec 2013, 13:30

Ste is now the second person of the close knit DXMP community we have lost this year which really saddens me. I'm fairly sure that Ste was playing around the time I first started to play DXMP many years back. I remember his servers from way back, often people would say he was a bad admin, but I always thought he had people's best interests at heart and wanted a tension free and fun server, something that is very hard to maintain. I remember his first maps, he had teleporters and portals which were incredible, I have never seen another portal since, his talent was clear for everyone to see.

Ste stepped up to the plate when myself and Shadowrunner were first creating environments for the Hengsha project (pre RPG), he worked hard on a map when we were asking for contributions from the community and so that will not be forgotten. His last works were amazing, his interpretation of Cathedral with an incredible hole that could be blasted out of the side of a wall is the most complicated mover I've ever seen. His other creations DryDock (with Monkey) and Lockdown were visually stunning and crafted with passion, discipline and attention to detail that surpasses the vast majority of works by the community. I never knew Ste very well atall, how much do any of us really know each other? however as a fellow mapper Ste will always have my massive respect, god bless you Stephen.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: RIP Ste - Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Dec 2013, 18:40

Definitely, Ste along with others helped set a benchmark of the broadband detailed mapping that came after days of Godz and Funline and it is sad to see two great DX-ers go in one year. His maps I really liked and if we ever get time, he was working on a Saharan village, I have a screenie somewhere and it would be great to "finish" that a la Ste style and add that to his collection. I wonder if Lockdown even would work in Altfire, his maps were really first class.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: RIP Ste - Postby Majestic » 11 Dec 2013, 22:27

Wow. I have no idea what to say. He will be sorely missed by the DXMP community. I will always remember him as an excellent player and someone who contributed massively to DXMP. May he rest forever in peace.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: RIP Ste - Postby Fear » 11 Dec 2013, 23:27

Didn't know him well unfortunately, extremely sad news, RIP.

2004-2014

Return to Deus Ex