Forthcoming releases...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Forthcoming releases... - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2013, 20:41

CODE ZERO

As you can see Poor has busy updating the WW2 mod. New features include regenerating health, drivable vehicles and platoons of bots. The bots field WW2 weapons by Clyzm and can throw grenades while shouting "fire in the hole", it's pretty cool stuff. Players can play on one team, two teams or even play solo against the bots. Players can also choose whether to fight as infantry or in a tank.

One of the great things about this mod is that it now offers constant battle, regardless of how many players are online, there will always be an intense battle somewhere in DXMP to join. Over time we should be able to see this making a difference on the numbers of people trying the game.

The map, mod and server have been rushed out for testing in time for Christmas and currently the map is being relit and the server issues and fps issues are being addressed, it being the first time bots used high-poly Clyzm weapons, however the server is up and players can take a look at how it will work once everything is running perfectly, so bear with it during the testing phase!

DXMP_ROOFTOP_REBELLION
This is the updated version of the DXMS classic "Rooftops" map by Ketchup, edited by myself. A 2014 version will be released shortly.

DXMP_BIOWEAPON
Based on the movie "Prometheus", part of the Alien series, this map is being updated for Altfire, complete with headcrabs!

If anyone is interested in modding working headcrabs from spiderbots, I'd be willing to produce some very nice Alien and Half-Life maps and of course Ste's last map is from Half-Life2.

DEUS EX MULTIPLAYER HUMAN REVOLUTION
2014 will see the return of Hengsha City RPG with new features to the mod. For the moment however, this is under wraps ;)

CS_PRODIGY
Chees has been painstakingly and faithfully rebuilding this classic, while adding some excellent new details, scenery and features. I was treated to a private view of the nearly completed map and I was very impressed, definitely players are going to love this update of what has become like Iceworld and MiniDust, another CS map doing well in DXMP.

WHAT ELSE?
Texture work for Unreal Revolution mod.
Finishing the Whiplash Contest map.
Several map packs will be released including Hengsha Fight Maps and WW2 Maps.
More activity on the FGS Moddb page.
On the wishlist is releasing DXSG_Nexus, DXSG_Moonbase and adding drivable vehicles to DXSG_A51_TheDayAfter, DXSG_Orbital and DXSG_Abydos. Poor's constant battle mod on DXSG_Abydos and DXSG_Moonbase could work well too.

Comments and suggestions are welcome and I will always consider requests.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby chin.democ. » 13 Dec 2013, 21:55

WW2 bots is something I've really wanted to see in DXMP, this opens up some great possibilities! Would be excellent to combine the bots with a goal or goals to complete so that players can then drop into the server even on their own and have some fun along with a goal, I'm thinking Medal of Honor. :matrix:

Very happy to see maps coming to light, sometimes I feel like a lone ranger. :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2013, 22:48

Well it's something for your newsletter.

Yes, the animals v humans and dxag style will be cool with WW2 in the future and also I'd like to see this constant battle style in a SG server too, mixing it all with a bit of RPG and shopping would totally rock. What would be good on WW2 is if the bots are shouting more than "fire in the hole" eventually, that will add to the action I think, "sargeant is that you?"

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Dec 2013, 23:13

chin.democ. wrote:sometimes I feel like a lone ranger. :-D

Chinny your never alone. Working on Dxmp or not we will still be here. :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Dec 2013, 01:01

It might look like we are wearing t-shirts, playing dx, drinking coffee and talking, but we were in fact busy with Operation Thunderfart, a highly top secret sdk programme.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Dec 2013, 16:25

I hope you follow through with ThunderFart.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby Magus » 14 Dec 2013, 23:35

chin.democ. wrote:I hope you follow through with ThunderFart.

Frankly, I hope he doesn't...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Dec 2013, 01:52

Been busy with Operation BottomBurp instead, we have lots of WW2 maps, it's just a question of pathnoding them and clearing passages more for vehicles, the smaller maps could get jeeps in future perhaps.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Forthcoming releases... - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Dec 2013, 15:16

Update:

WW2 Maps I'm sending to Poor for conversion to WW2war/WW2bots are the DXMP Cathedral, the SP Cathedral Bombed and a lengthened tank version of Landernau. Other WW2 maps can have bots, but need more work to accomodate vehicles perhaps and probably in future some other development or mix of packages can happen for these maps too. Also mappers are welcome to contribute to the WW2 mod, but it's best to consult us first on the 1944 theme, Die I will hit you up today with textures and packages for WW2 mapping.

Having spoken to Poor, it's obvious the Hengsha/DX3 Fight Maps should be released with the DXHR Augs, so as soon as those 3 WW2 maps are sent to Poor for pathnoding, I will get going on those maps. Atrey's helicopter could feature in the Docks map if not others, but we need the chopper with the B-EE skin or texture at least.

Chinny is going to have a crack at modelling from the Fuhrpark brushes for Messerschmitt Me109 and Avro Lancaster for WW2 and if the FP stuff is unusable, I will look at purchasing/obtaining Sherman Tank and some WW2 plane models. As soon as the community have some WW2 plane models, Atrey's code for choppers can be converted. Atrey's mod is coming along now, players can carry a co-pilot/observer who may use his own weapons. This will allow rear gunners on the Lancaster in WW2 mod.

Really appreciate all the comments and suggestions on the WW2 server, some great ideas.

Return to Deus Ex