Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby Poor » 15 Dec 2013, 06:49

Update December, 12th 2013...

As of today, GameData, Inc will not be offering game servers. We will continue offering voice and vps services.

gamedatainc, counter-strike.com, and lowpings.net: These three sites are for the same company, which will no longer offer game servers.

Figures I ordered a game server on December 11th. They have been unable to provide me with the European Deus Ex server I ordered since then because they don't know how to open ports or whatever. Now they seem to be ignoring me.

This news is significant because there are only a few hosting companies that offer Deus Ex servers. You could either choose GamingDeluxe for server in Europe or counter-strike for America. I don't know of any other companies that offer DX servers. So the American servers may be gone soon. I mean, you could always home host or pony up the cash for a VPS but neither is as simple as getting a server from say GamingDeluxe.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Dec 2013, 12:16

That really sucks, perhaps linking up with others is the future.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Dec 2013, 12:34

My smartphone was robbed this month and some other unexpected expenses, but I will try to get a basic GD server asap. Money gets better for me from either Jan or Feb.

It really sucks, to pay for one thing and get another totally and then get a lack of decent support.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby ~Blade~ » 15 Dec 2013, 15:35

They have very poor customer service, you'll do well to get anything back from them.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Dec 2013, 16:46

Blade, got your fabulous message, have contacted Poor.

Not sure why I never used Counter-Strike dx servers, possibly lack of custom command line, can't remember.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby Poor » 17 Dec 2013, 00:04

I got a refund. Not sure what will become of all the American servers though.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby synthetic » 17 Dec 2013, 08:16

If you engage in a dialogue with some larger host that has older unreal engine games (or even just older games), you may be able to convince them to host Deus Ex as well. They should have the server space for our old game, and ultimately they'll want your moneys. Many newer games should run much better on the hardware so the hosts that have only much newer games listed will likely tell you to bugger off. Once even one such company is convinced, others customers can follow suit. Something like UT99 or UT2k4 would be ideal target hosts, but even q3a or original CS hosts may consider it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Dec 2013, 12:49

Sounds like a good idea, to find alternatives that are cheaper than GD.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby atrey65789 » 18 Dec 2013, 23:30

I heard the servers that are already being hosted are not going anywhere. So that's good.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby TheWolf » 01 Jan 2014, 22:30

Counterstrike never gave me this message. Are you sure about this? Not good at all. Two solutions:

VPS Pool - Any American hosters could pool money together.

Convince other hosters to host Deus Ex

Ingame: Sev
Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby Poor » 01 Jan 2014, 22:50

counter-strike.com and lowpings.net are back up. gamedatainc.com still has the discontinue message but it seems like it's possible to order game servers.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby TheWolf » 01 Jan 2014, 22:51

I have sent out a support ticket to them. I'll see what the gist is here.

Edit: My server is still operational and it is a CS one so I don't know what's going on.

They have responded with:
"Just for the next week or so. We will be accepting new game server clients next week.

I technically could set you up right now if you really wanted me to, but the problem is your IP Address will change in a week."

Ingame: Sev
bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Counter-Strike no longer offering game servers - Postby bamz0rz » 13 Feb 2014, 02:50

as Poor can vouch,

I can host dx servers for people.

Return to Deus Ex