Possibility of FGS warring?

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby machete » 25 Dec 2013, 03:39

Hi guys,

FGS has enough active and semi-active players to field a strong 0A lineup so it seems like a shame to me that you aren't participating in any wars.

As we all understand, unless there's some kind of miracle (which we're all hoping for!), DXMP is not long for this world. Personally I'd like to see some more clan wars happening before it's too late.

What's the chances of you guys agreeing to a war? If the probability is greater than 0 then how about the chances of a war against HM in 0a? ;-)

Anyway, on another note, happy Christmas everyone. Have a good one!

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Mastakilla » 26 Dec 2013, 06:46

I'd like to say yes but we have dropped the ball in the past when it comes to actually organizing one...

Happy christmas you too

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 26 Dec 2013, 19:12

oi, what happened to [AOD] and [RTK] leader? Be a general and put a strikeforce together yourself :P Noname and Majster were very much interested in matches months ago.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby machete » 27 Dec 2013, 03:33

If any FGS members who'd be interested could post in this topic and let us know then we can probably get the ball rolling. :)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Dec 2013, 23:04

Thank you Synthetic and Machete.

If there is a lack of clan warring between clans these days due to trust or tech issues, then I would say we still need clan wars, it is good for PR/blogs and shows DXMP is active. If there can not be enough players interested for a classic war I would suggest:

Cozmo 2
Cops v Criminals
or
Luminous Path members v Red Arrow members

Or WW2 (Must capture enemy Spawn and hold at end of game), or SG Altfire or SG Augs (Lockdown/Prevent Lockdown, whoever locks must hold) or if there are enough guys in both clans wanting classic, then sure, or any of the above.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby machete » 29 Dec 2013, 04:28

ShadowRunner wrote:Thank you Synthetic and Machete.

If there is a lack of clan warring between clans these days due to trust or tech issues, then I would say we still need clan wars, it is good for PR/blogs and shows DXMP is active.

I agree completely.

I think Ken has come to accept that we cannot wait for DX to be completely fixed (if that's even possible) before we take on clan wars so I think we're happy to just settle for applying the most recent mods/fixes to the war server and having a little faith in our opposition. I'm prepared to trust FGS for my part, FGS doesn't have a reputation for deliberately cheating as far as I'm aware. :)

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 29 Dec 2013, 09:41

WE DON'T GET CAUGHT

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Dec 2013, 10:29

machete wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:Thank you Synthetic and Machete.
settle for applying the most recent mods/fixes to the war server

When you rent a default GD server and just host it without editing the ini or uploading all the mods and mapvote, experienced auggers all say they prefer the server's performance and when I ask why, I am told performance is better, cleaner, because my ini has not been "improved" and I'm not running ten tons of stuff on top of the basic server. The less you "improve" the server, the better the performance, according to auggers in the past.

and having a little faith in our opposition. I'm prepared to trust FGS for my part, FGS doesn't have a reputation for deliberately cheating as far as I'm aware. :)

To be honest with you, I trust Nobody :D Everyone has a different opinion of what is fair or right in DXMP.

The game was designed for less than 100 fps, but how many players are willing to fight at 75 fps? Classic DXMP is not 400 fps.

I would have an admin spectator from each team, watching the other team on cheatview and recording demorecs that ppl can watch after. I would also use a fresh GD ini, no tweaks and have as little possible installed on the server. My 2 cents.

I have no binds, only dualmap. I have no medbind. I have 75 fps capped. I have everything a beginner has. Why do some players have more? The game is dying from lack of new players. Trust me? that is *loving* hilarious.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Mastakilla » 29 Dec 2013, 16:38

I'll play if someone wants to take the organizing into their hands and just give me a date and time, I'll be honest and say that I really don't feel like putting an effort into organizing as of right now :oops:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Dec 2013, 16:51

What he said. I'm always on DX most times. You lot want a clan war, mix it up between play type/servers I'll be there good player or not theirs not many players left to choose from atm. date time if wanted I'll join :-D

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 29 Dec 2013, 23:51

ShadowRunner wrote:The game was designed for less than 100 fps, but how many players are willing to fight at 75 fps? Classic DXMP is not 400 fps.

I would have an admin spectator from each team, watching the other team on cheatview and recording demorecs that ppl can watch after. I would also use a fresh GD ini, no tweaks and have as little possible installed on the server. My 2 cents.

I have no binds, only dualmap. I have no medbind. I have 75 fps capped. I have everything a beginner has. Why do some players have more? The game is dying from lack of new players. Trust me? that is *loving* hilarious.

I tried to write some kind of reply 3-4 times, but I give up. I would like to say that I have never seen this big load of nonsense before, but then again..

edit:
  • 100-130 FPS cap range is desirable for online gamers for smooth interaction between the player and the game (predominantly aim, likely affects other elements). 400 FPS is generally for noobs that don't know what they are doing, or in fact know very well the game vulnerabilities and intend to cheat. I've seen both examples, as well as talked with them. Another matter is if the game is coded in a way that the developers failed to hardcap it at 120 and for some reason settled for 60 or 75 (such lower end is common for TV games). In DXMP case there is no hardcap, and here you are preaching bad performance, making for a bad game. If it was determined that this game is so bugged up that it cannot be played above 75 FPS (current detection tests have shown that the game breaks at 150 FPS, year older tests indicated 200 but were not as precise), then please, code a hardcap not preach rubbish. Not only is 120 FPS better for most gamers, other than sniper scope bug there are no other issues documented. If you have knowledge that DejaVu and Alex don't have, then please share.

• Lot of servers have "tweaked" their game ini extensively for mods. Anti-Cheat mods. Crash prevention mods. My clan is running 3 different anticheat or security mods. I presume its too much tweaking and you prefer to have all of them uninstalled? Not only are unreal engine massive vulnerabilities fairly well documented, even its net settings in the default configuration file lead to unnecessary load on the server, in one case presenting a known bug that both UT and Rune communities "tweak".

• Binds are endorsed by the developers of the game engine, game engine that supported extremely popular Unreal series. Their original documentation on epic's website explains how to create and modify them. Binds are used in all online games, if not at game configuration level then at peripherals' software level. Keyboard and mouse macros allow for much more complex (and reliable) combinations than game ini files, by some players used since 2001. This means, if ini file binds are locked, gamers will use mouse and keyboard binds. Majority of DXMP binds are extremely humble by nature, however, but that largely due to lack of players and competitive pressure.

• Game is dead because of lack of players. Because its online game where players play players. Without players, you don't have a game.

Game itself lacks players because it was badly built for online gaming, to a point where many players quit dxmp in 2000-2001 just because of the horrible performance. I know this because I've gone through 2001 websites and forums, and read such testimonies.

Game lacks players because it was a showcase beta thing, in part made to learn to make an online game (Ion Storm testimony), in part to boost sales further. This means its features were primitive, and W.S made no secret of hoping that the community manages to improve it. One could say that failed. By mid 2001 as many as 4 clans that I've so far researched stated that DXMP is dying and has lost many players. Such a fast decrease of player numbers failed to support sufficient modding community. The remaining players would continue for 1-2 years to play the game as-is, until it's practical death.

Game lacks players because many beginner or even advanced players don't bother to remap keys, even if developers have provided them with a big visible button for doing so. Original buttons may have somehow worked for DXSP, but did not make much sense even there. DX:HR made sure not to make that mistake. The same keys for DXMP are completely unacceptable, creating a massive gap between those that bothered to investigate their game menu, and those that didn't.

Game lacks players because some people spread too much nonsense and put off every person with an ounce of experience.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 30 Dec 2013, 01:06

bah.. tl;dr

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Mastakilla » 30 Dec 2013, 03:25

I kinda agree with Ken n stuff but don't see the need for a rant :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Dec 2013, 05:42

Call it nonsense if you will, but a server runs smoother without additional stuff, Psycho taught me that after testing a new server, just letting you know. My post is merely pointing out that modern fps is not the same as the classic original game and also suggesting how to admin the war.

I will accept that the game is not dying because you or someone else have 400fps, I didn't mean that, but it's not nonsense to say that someone was banned on your server or that the game is dying and it's definitely not nonsense to say that the augs are difficult enough for beginners, even before you add binds into the mix. All I am saying is someone needs to solve the problem that the dice are loaded for anyone who knows about binding. The topic isn't about public servers, so my apology is offered, but when you talk about trust issues, this is what comes to mind, the fact that I don't bind, don't have more than 75 fps and don't give myself anything more than that beginners who join. If you choose to give yourself more, then that should be available to every player from the moment he joins the server, that's just my opinion, whether you say it is nonsense or not, I don't see what is pro about fighting a game your enemy can't possibly win. The augs are fairly unique still, there's a case for preserving the game, but I think that will only happen when everyone who plays in the server is on the same page.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 30 Dec 2013, 07:28

ShadowRunner wrote:Call it nonsense if you will, but a server runs smoother without additional stuff, Psycho taught me that after testing a new server, just letting you know. My post is merely pointing out that modern fps is not the same as the classic original game and also suggesting how to admin the war.

I will accept that the game is not dying because you or someone else have 400fps, I didn't mean that, but it's not nonsense to say that someone was banned on your server or that the game is dying and it's definitely not nonsense to say that the augs are difficult enough for beginners, even before you add binds into the mix. All I am saying is someone needs to solve the problem that the dice are loaded for anyone who knows about binding. The topic isn't about public servers, so my apology is offered, but when you talk about trust issues, this is what comes to mind, the fact that I don't bind, don't have more than 75 fps and don't give myself anything more than that beginners who join. If you choose to give yourself more, then that should be available to every player from the moment he joins the server, that's just my opinion, whether you say it is nonsense or not, I don't see what is pro about fighting a game your enemy can't possibly win. The augs are fairly unique still, there's a case for preserving the game, but I think that will only happen when everyone who plays in the server is on the same page.

The performance impact from mod-load is a mixture of know-how and common sense. If you put 20 mods on a server that maybe 1 map uses, you know it affects player download times. Specific negative effects from, say, mutators is best discussed with advanced coders with netcode and engine knowledge and not with "augers". If I have to choose between MASSIVE vulnerabilities (ie non-MTL, no firefix, no nephthys) and potential, neglectable peformance impact, I would go for the latter. Beginners who don't know anything about the game would likely feel comfortable with vanilla install as well.

The rest of your post is nonsense, bar the last sentence that I can agree with to a point: healthy game has pro servers and noob servers, as well as a selection for variety of advanced players. It is not a "build" but natural evolution. With the decrease in player numbers, amount of servers decreases (whodathunk); with everybody in same server, there will always be a massive difference between top players and first day players, in ANY game.

Return to Deus Ex