Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A few needed mods

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

A few needed mods - Postby ricci » 11 Jan 2014, 21:49

1. A clan war spectator mod. User enters the server without the password and can not join a game can only remain in spectate mode. Option to disable spectate chat. Option to set settings of "moderate", "open", "strict" on spectating talking.

moderate - blocks multiple messages for 25 seconds
-- etc

2. Hit rating training mod

Have you ever hit a player and have no idea if it hit his legs, torso, head, or even how much damage it even did? This mod displays how much damage you did to which part you hit. This will help players identify their good habits and create new habits by doing things that deal more damage.

If you could replicate this system to display damage then you are beast.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=diablo+3+hit+points&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=M5vRUuGlLcnj2wXMjIDYDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=898#q=diablo+3+damage+to+demons&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=y31pJInkGyYxmM%253A%3BX76cMLdKHCJp5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdiablo.incgamers.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F01%252Fboss-RD-new1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdiablo.incgamers.com%252Fblog%252Fcomments%252Fdiablo-3-patch-monster-changes-reflects-damage%3B759%3B421

3. Rewards
Best accuracy, best kdr, most sniper kills, most heavies, most lam kills, rewards at end of map.

4. Voting system
- Map vote displays at the end of the map, not at the beginning where players click anything just to get a head start for quick streak.
- An intelligent voting system where it wont display area51 in the vote for a server that has 3 players in it.
- 1 v 1 display maps like morbias, smuggler, smuggles
- No more punish on teamkill. We vote to kick someone out.
- Vote to change map
- Vote to change gametype
- Vote to enable/disable Hit Training Mod

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A few needed mods - Postby machete » 11 Jan 2014, 21:57

That 3rd one is something I was already considering having a go at.

Good shout!

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A few needed mods - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Jan 2014, 22:16

That will just take up slots in the server hosting the war say 12 slots dam 6 spectators already.. go figure! then lag and crap to consider and the fact players may not want a room full of spectators when in a clan war (may put them off). Clan War 'best against the best' no crap around like spectators to distract them from the game and such. Bad idea IMO

Team mates will moan if a players starts chatting stuff in a war let alone all the stuff that would be off putting if spectators were involved (even with chat disabled)

ricci
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A few needed mods - Postby ricci » 11 Jan 2014, 22:47

Most clan wars are <4 v 4 now a days that leaves 4 slots open for spectating.

I personally would want people spectating in on the hk wars it would be fun.

What about 1 v 1's no one gets to watch?

If you want people to spectate you set a spectate password if you don't want people to spectate you set a server password. It's simple.

ricci
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A few needed mods - Postby ricci » 11 Jan 2014, 22:52

I personally think suggestion 2 would have the most impact on players. You will see huge improvements. You can't really get to elite status if you don't know how much damage you are landing when you do certain things or when to run away to stock up because you knew you didn't land any big hits.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A few needed mods - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Jan 2014, 22:58

I wont be in any anytime soon so go nutz with mods!! :-D

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A few needed mods - Postby DejaVu » 12 Jan 2014, 02:36

[FGS]Chees wrote:That will just take up slots in the server hosting the war say 12 slots dam 6 spectators already.. go figure! then lag and crap to consider and the fact players may not want a room full of spectators when in a clan war (may put them off). Clan War 'best against the best' no crap around like spectators to distract them from the game and such. Bad idea IMO

Team mates will moan if a players starts chatting stuff in a war let alone all the stuff that would be off putting if spectators were involved (even with chat disabled)

One reason why DXMP never moved anywhere with needed features is thinking like you just did. You are forgetting that ricci proposed this as an option - which can be selected by admins of the server. More features never hurt. The lag is not an issue anymore if latest MM is used, I think that was cleared already. I removed most of the junk original creators produced so the game should run much better now even with high player count.

Ricci: Half of your requested features are/were on MM todo list. Unfortunately, I doubt I will create anything more for DXMP because it is kinda dead and there is no joy to produce something that no one uses then. However, not long ago, I released latest MM source, including instructions on how to build so there is your chance on continuing the work and implement features you like. The features you want aren't hard to implement.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A few needed mods - Postby chin.democ. » 12 Jan 2014, 13:01

I have to say I like every suggestion on your list Ricci.

Return to Deus Ex