Poor's WWII Mod:

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Feb 2014, 20:14

dp apologies.

Last edited by ShadowRunner on 04 Feb 2014, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Feb 2014, 20:32

@Bamborz - Absolutely I guess it beats arguing about maps and who is cheating.

@ Alvin
Amazing job. To answer your question. The USN Shenandoah was 700 feet long. Your model seems proportioned to look shorter/smaller, more like a German Zeppelin, e.g. LZ1 which was 400 feet long, therefore yes absolutely the bigger the props are, the smaller the airship will look, the better that will be for mapping/map size. Bear in mind my answer does not pay any attention to polys. I think only 3rd person is required because the pilot sees a behindview of the B-EE/Chopper/Airship. You could make it smaller still, just 2 propellors, like a scout ship, no bigger than 4 houses perhaps.

I like both the fact that you proportioned it smaller than Shenandoah and the the type of tail you chose, it's preferable to the other type of tail used at that time. Also the fact it is less pencil-shaped means it is more accurate for anything WW2 or Indiana Jones too. It's a great job and with your permission I will reblog the WIP screenies on flyable vehicles page.

There are US, French, English, German and other nationalities playing DX. If there is only one airship model, then I would have a texture which doesn't signify any country, could be used by any team / player / mod.

If it is not too cheeky, would you consider doing 2 WW1 Tanks, fairly simple shapes. German: http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/g ... en_A7V.php US/British: http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/gb/tank_MkIV.php

I could give you Furhpark as well some time, has modern, WW2, historical and sci-fi prefab .t3d brushes of all kinds of vehicles/transport.

@ Atrey

As far as I can see an Airship is a very slow chopper that can't go backwards, but it can stop and go vertical and can descend in forward or side motion, that is all. Would it lag if more passengers were added, invasion forces? Probably wind effect in a map would be good, so it makes a difference if player turns left or right. There would be differences in speed between players, according to heading and wind direction/strength.

I'm wondering if WW1 planes are easier to code than WW2, in WW1 there was a limit to acrobatics due to engines and wings ripping off, so WW1 planes if modelled on seaplanes, scouts, bombers etc, would not be looping the loop etc.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 05 Feb 2014, 02:00

Yeah do whatever you want with the images, I'd prefer If it were finished though! :) I'll fiddle with the sizes etc and make it more detailed etc. I can do the tanks As well they're pretty easy. I was going for a generic texture in mind. Maybe different flags near the rudder.

Regarding the controls on the zeppelin, it would use the same acceleration method as the helicopter with the only difference being the front nose rotates since it cannot strafe. A dumbed down version of the chopper?

Polys won't be any more than a standard DX NPC. Also what about the payload from the zeppelin, will I do bombs?

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 Feb 2014, 11:51

Wait what?
You want to make a plane model where you can go into the inner?
I fear this won't succees, since DeusEx models just got a primitive collision cylinder. :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 05 Feb 2014, 15:07

^ bro, if we can drive a tank, we can fly a frikin air baloon

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby atrey65789 » 05 Feb 2014, 16:56

bamz0rz wrote:^ bro, if we can drive a tank, we can fly a frikin air baloon

I think he may have a point... He's been modding for ages.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 05 Feb 2014, 20:12

bamz0rz wrote:^ bro, if we can drive a tank, we can fly a frikin air baloon

LOL :bwahaha:

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Mastakilla » 05 Feb 2014, 20:47

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Wait what?
You want to make a plane model where you can go into the inner?
I fear this won't succees, since DeusEx models just got a primitive collision cylinder. :?

SHUT UP NOOB GO BACK TO YOUR REPLICATIONS

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Feb 2014, 21:41

Noodz, maybe you didn't use flyablevehicles.u yet? It is like a 3rd person behindview of the vehicle, when the pilot/player is inside, with a hud on the left side of your screen, showing various information about the chopper, you and the co-pilot, payload etc.

So if you reskin the chopper with an airship, I thiiiiink it will just play like the chopper. Just the speed and ability to go backwards need to be changed. The only way it should go backwards is if wind is a factor, or it were being dragged backwards by something.

Alvin, I haven't created the page yet, just gathering content, finished stuff will be better, great thank you.

I suppose this is my wishlist for vehicles. Bell Huey Vietnam Rambo style.(with MG249). V-22 Osprey Half-Life style. Aliens Marine Dropship and Recon vehicle.

I'm interested to see how the anti-tank mine will change mapping for WW2.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 06 Feb 2014, 00:04

Is there anybody to texture these models btw?
Also whenever a mine goes off are there going to be breakable brushes underneath it to simulate an explosion crater?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ~DJ~ » 06 Feb 2014, 03:58

well, if you're saying that the players are able to walk inside that bomber, that wouldn't be possible, if it's a model.
if it's just gonna be like the tank, and can only drop bombs, that is quite possible.
that's what I think Nobody is saying here. And dat is tru.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby atrey65789 » 06 Feb 2014, 04:36

Well, If you have the idea of have the player's view from inside the vehicle.... you CAN do that, if you model the inside of the vehicle with the model.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Feb 2014, 17:41

atrey65789 wrote:Well, If you have the idea of have the player's view from inside the vehicle.... you CAN do that, if you model the inside of the vehicle with the model.

And then what? The player model goes inside, gets attached to the model in the right position and you expect it to hold? :-D
Not to mention other visual glitches that would occur, it's simply not practical on our ancient engine...

You'd probably have more luck with a mover, and that would still be shitty

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 06 Feb 2014, 18:24

since when did nobody release a cool ass tank mod?? said nobody ever.

it's possible! cause make it like an elevator that moves sideways in the sky, then put some frikin tnt crates on it, and bam! we got bombers!

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Feb 2014, 18:37

The best way of learning is still to make the experience yourself.
So I won't try to prevent someone from making a plane. Who knows, perhaps it even works somehow! :)

..like with the flying bumblebee!
It's scientifically proven that a bumblebee can't fly since it's wing-mass/volume ratio is too bad.
However the bumblebee, doesn't know about that fact, so it flies nevertheless! :-D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Deus Ex