Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Feb 2014, 18:57

I like bumblebees, tho!
They're cuddly 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Feb 2014, 20:10

Alvind wrote:Is there anybody to texture these models btw?
Also whenever a mine goes off are there going to be breakable brushes underneath it to simulate an explosion crater?

I can attempt a doped linen texture for the airship. I think some existing DX textures could work well, if slightly modified. The problem is that I haven't learned blender, so not sure I could skin it perfectly along the seams.

Anti-tank mine, well we could make a desert or beach map, entirely with breakable crater floor. I guess you could have streets with regular intervals of craters hidden and waiting to be exploded. I guess it will encourage tankers to slow down and shoot from distances rather than crush everyone, also infantry can pass over mines, but if infantry and tank pass over at the same time, then everyone will get hit.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:So I won't try to prevent someone from making a plane. Who knows, perhaps it even works somehow!

What's so hard about making a chopper only go up or down, and always moving forwards. Maybe I am not visualizing properly.

Having said this, I can't speak for Poor, I think planes might/should be a separate set of maps, so maybe WW1 planes I should make some brushes, to fight Zeppelins?

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 06 Feb 2014, 20:49

@Shadow I tried to look for some but its a very niche thing doped linen. if you could have a go at it feel free i cant texture :P

This zeppelin model wasnt made with the ability to go inside in mind just for clarification :)
Attached is an short clip of what the props would look like. they didnt rotate 100% on their original axis but its barely noticeable when it is looped.
Sorry for the crap quality I can get Fraps working right ATM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4upbb34mnjqrsp6/ZeppAnim.avi

Also should i make the fins a little wider??
Also the vid makes it look like it's squashed for some reason

Last edited by Alvind on 07 Feb 2014, 02:11, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Feb 2014, 01:29

Hmm some clips of WW2 server in action will be awesome.

When I click the link I see a picture of a nice map, underground car park with trailers.

I am wondering what type of map you want for Zeppelin...

I could make these sort of planes in brushes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Type_184
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotha_G.V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_F.2_Fighter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumpler_C.IV

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 07 Feb 2014, 02:05

Lol Fs :D here you go it mixed up https://www.dropbox.com/s/4upbb34mnjqrsp6/ZeppAnim.avi
Regarding maps scale, to achieve the full scale of a zeppelin would take up a lot of resources I think. Perhaps have the zeppelin as an occasional pass through dropping bombs while it passes? I'm only here to make it :)
Are they for decoration just? (The planes)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Feb 2014, 21:25

It's your model, your baby and you're in the editor. If it is going to be flyable, maybe the cockpit and propellers could be bigger. If you intend it purely for unmanned flyover, that version looks perfect for a large Zeppelin. I would say the flyable one needs to be smaller, or the props bigger, if you follow, so it's not massive against a player standing there and can maneuver around a smaller map. See what Atrey says, it's really between you two guys.

A Zeppelin that could fly around A51 is more useful, for example. I'm thinking 2 versions is better, if a WW1/WW2 series wasn't being hosted, then it would still exist on a map elsewhere and actually be seen and used. Can't really do WW1 mod, no weps for it, but some of Clyzm's weps start in the 1920's, so you could do Indiana Jones or detective/al capone type mod 1930s etc.

I think undetailed maps then, sea, aerodrome/field, trench/crater map. Maybe limit players in the server.

Planes can be crashed or parked, set breakable. Could be movers, but Zeppelin pilot will be able to stop/turn when he sees a plane launch.

It will be AWESOME shooting as a passenger out of a Zeppelin though... nice job Alvin.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 07 Feb 2014, 22:47

I'm sorta thinking that this is a deco version TBH but how's this for a method?

for a internal cockpit version. CEbuttons can be attached to elevators and move at the same time. So, could a zeppelin model be attached to an invisible mover that the player can (at the start of the map by choice) be inside that invisible room which is then concealed inside the zeppelin cockpit (with the box being see through the cockpit is seen)and strategically placed subtracted brushes make openings for the windows so the players can shoot out of and in return when fire is received from the ground it causes damage to the mover (zeppelin) just like a door receives damage which then COULD trigger an explosion and then the player hits the ground falling.

All this of course in a normal map of course(side depending)

forgot the say as well that the internal cockpit version, could it be controlled automatically using patrol points or something similar and used purely for shooting out of?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Feb 2014, 14:31

Your idea sounds amazing if it would work, if it doesn't lag/jerk with the attachment.

I want to shoot a Zeppelin down being a gunner/co-pilot in a plane and be at risk of being shot down by Zeppelin gunner :) Zeppelin pilot has to hit the airfield tower with his drop. Allies have to get in planes and gunners shoot down the Zeppelin. Planes can die either by stalling or breaking apart. Damaged Zeppelin can not ascend, so if it was too low already it would explode if crashed.
2 Zeppelins, 2 planes, 8 players.

As deco though, I think it will get more use.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 08 Feb 2014, 15:33

I might give it a trial run tonight if I get time tonight

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Feb 2014, 11:13

would it work better if the cockpit was the mover and the players weren't inside the model at all.

I like your idea, because presumably a number of players could be carried, although sometimes it is jerky when players look at each other inside the mover.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 16 Feb 2014, 19:17

Some shot so far i guess... No tracks on yet
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-02-16 16.56.08.png
Screenshot 2014-02-16 16.56.08.png (470.76 KiB) Viewed 19379 times

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 17 Feb 2014, 21:31

that looks epic!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Feb 2014, 20:31

That is incredible. Unmistakenly the A7V.

You've done it now, definitely I will have to start a decent WW1 map now.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 18 Feb 2014, 21:12

Theres a few inconsistancies if you really want to be anal about it but amidst the game theyre arent noticable/worth fixing. Ill get it done tonight then onto skinning somehow!?

Return to Deus Ex