THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Magus » 08 May 2014, 10:15

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
alfredo wrote:[...] is the best option untill Dejavus mod gets more exposure

Why 'until'? :?

A thousand times this. I would like to know why you have preference for his work too.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 08 May 2014, 15:07

Magus wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
alfredo wrote:[...] is the best option untill Dejavus mod gets more exposure

Why 'until'? :?

I would like to know why you have preference for his work too.

Well, are we not allowed to perfer his work?

All deja's mod does is allow multiple master servers to be used at once, he is hosting one of the master servers, but it allows
the player to see more servers in the server list using 8 MSAs.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~DJ~ » 08 May 2014, 18:06

..and I repeat myself again.. what's the point of installing a server-lister mod when you can use DXSL to list servers from infinite master-servers?
surely those who are knowledgeable enough to install that mod can just use DXSL instead?
DXMP already has a default feature to uplink to many master-servers as well, as you can see on the DeusEx.ini.. and what's left is uplinking which you can already do without the modification.. so I don't really see what additional benefit the mod provides.. so correct me if I'm wrong!

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 08 May 2014, 18:12

Not saying you're wrong at all... But some players and especially newer ones don't know about dxsl.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Magus » 08 May 2014, 21:51

atrey65789 wrote:Not saying you're wrong at all... But some players and especially newer ones don't know about dxsl.

And those players are likely to be equally lacking knowledge about Deja's mod...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 08 May 2014, 23:08

Magus wrote:And those players are likely to be equally lacking knowledge about Deja's mod...

Unless we put a server up that directs them to downloading it.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Magus » 09 May 2014, 14:46

atrey65789 wrote:
Magus wrote:And those players are likely to be equally lacking knowledge about Deja's mod...

Unless we put a server up that directs them to downloading it.

One could just as easily do that for DXSL.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 09 May 2014, 20:47

I remain at my stance. I DO NOT see an exclusive OR when it comes to using both solutions.
Alex solution is the basic solution that's the most easy one for all.
ADDITIONALLY, people who are willing to reconfigure their DX, can still install dejavu's multi ms-query mod.
MIND: Using dejavu's mod does NOT avoid using the deusexgaming masterserver at the same time.
You can simply add the deusexgaming masterserver to the list of available masterservers that can be configured within dejavu's mod.

So.. for the love of God..
would this freaking argument FINALLY lead into the insight that we're all well adviced to SIMPLY USE BOTH in the long run??! ](*,)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~DJ~ » 10 May 2014, 10:03

HEY I dint say to not use Dej's mod! I'M SAYING THE SAME TING' LIKE THERE'S NO 'EXCLUSIVE OR' M'KAY?
I'm not favoring any mod, infact I technically use both of em' as I'm suggesting! I use DXSL (w/ Dej's MS) AND ALEX'S MS.
All I'm saying is that the mod, sadly, has no real point when there's DXSL available. :oops:
but you can use the mod if you want, alongside Alex's MS, just like in DXSL, so there's that. SO USE IT IF YOU WANNA. BUT ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT THERE'S DXSL AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO MESS AROUND INIs FOR IT.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Majestic » 10 May 2014, 12:03

On a related note, is there a Steam Workshop for DX? That could help us get some exposure for Steam users.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
HDD21
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby HDD21 » 10 May 2014, 16:43

just thought id answer DJs question, you can UPLINK to as many as you want by default. SO thats the server sending heartbeats to the masterserver to say it exists.

But the query side, is when the client requests the list of servers from the MS. I.e the game server browser; deus ex only allows ONE MS to be configured in
[DeusEx.MenuScreenJoinGame] part of the ini. Deja's mod allows the game's server browser to query multiple masterservers.

Jacob :)

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~DJ~ » 12 May 2014, 16:30

derp I know that and so I said to use DXSL instead of using that mod.. getit? Because all it features is a server-lister, and Deus Ex already uplinks to multiple masterservers, so host your servers, use DXSL for listing?

That Resident Evil Mod
————

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby synthetic » 14 May 2014, 18:31

IRT Nobody and general discussion

There is *nothing* wrong with using or promoting Deja's mods, but there is *everything* wrong with promoting several masterservers with active servers, be it directly or indirectly. Stick to one solution, gather community around it, put smarter techies in charge of maintenance and upkeep, and you got yourself a fan-run online game.

I don't find Deja's MS reliable but he will no doubt want to have players using it and hosting servers on it.
I don't find HDD21's MS reliable, for reasons I am not interested in detailing here - you'll see in time; or discuss technical details, current and future reliability with all current MS advertisers, and you can come to your conclusions yourself.

If everybody host and advertise their personal MS, our veterans are more or less forced to use Deja's mod, and sizeable portion of beginners/future players likely won't find it. In the end, it is the community that suffers from such fragmentation in the shape of providing less players for everybody.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 May 2014, 02:44

Majestic wrote:On a related note, is there a Steam Workshop for DX? That could help us get some exposure for Steam users.

They sell this game and we still make content. I think an organised effort on Steam is in order, a Team Steam is what we need.

Return to Deus Ex