Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Solution to keep MP going (I hope)

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 08 Apr 2014, 17:06

As we know, GS is shutting down all related MSAs. However, luckilly there is one that we can rely on.

The name of the Master Server Address we shall use for servers is: master.dxmp.in.

Hosters, Add it to the uplinks in your DeusEx.ini config file, replacing the gamespy MSA. The port number for the address will remain the same, 28900. Also download these U Packages: http://freeweb.t-2.net/dev1/files/mms_1.0.0.zip read the 'readme.txt' file and follow the instructions.

^This file helps with this change.^

Take these words and spread them as much and far as you can.

Last edited by atrey65789 on 09 Apr 2014, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 08 Apr 2014, 19:13

GS is shutting down for almost 10 years now. 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby chin.democ. » 08 Apr 2014, 20:16

There's 2-3 masterservers hosted by members of the community, each trying to be the savoir. What we need is too get the community together to decide on what the best solution is first before we start spreading the word.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 08 Apr 2014, 20:26

Oh dammit.. so this time it's real? O_o
Well, in my eyes, the best solution were to buy the gamespy domain (in case it's purchasable by then).. :-k

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Mastakilla » 08 Apr 2014, 21:35

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Well, in my eyes, the best solution were to buy the gamespy domain (in case it's purchasable by then).. :-k

lol I was thinking that's pretty much the only solution, alternate masterserver won't help too much I thinks ._.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby DejaVu » 09 Apr 2014, 01:19

Everything has been prepared in oct 2013 as you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4232

Now it is up to you to spread the word around about start using alternative masterservers.

[FGS]Hawk
Federvieh
Federvieh

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby [FGS]Hawk » 09 Apr 2014, 03:38

I can host a masterserver too. Got some appropriate software around for that purpose.

"A programmer is a tool which converts caffeine to code." -- Unknown
"Lol, wtf, that sounds like Dragonforce" -- Nobody
"error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'float' to 'float'" -- Visual C++ 2008 <-- o.O
"shitham hat echt zu viel metabolic end product im hirn" -- Nobody
"Mein Leben ist scheiße... ach nee, war deins!" -- Serdar Somuncu
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby TheWolf » 09 Apr 2014, 04:00

Why don't we all host master servers, and make a patch with all the fancy anti cheat stuff, and all the new master servers with a mod which allows people to go off of multiple master servers? MMUserInterface I think it was called? I used to use it years ago, but I was annoyed because it would crash when you double click a server.

Ingame: Sev
Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Poor » 09 Apr 2014, 08:04

Maybe we could have a master server for all the master servers.

So I heard hosting a master server with UCC has problems with Nephyths? Did GameSpy use UCC?

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 09 Apr 2014, 17:05

Not sure, but having master address to manage all other addresses sounds like a good idea... Now if everything hosts well with the new addresses we gotta find a way to where there are no mismatches such as nephthys, ipdrv, etc... Once we do that someone can make a deusex patch, release it, and host a server that once entered, will direct the player to the patche's website.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Magus » 09 Apr 2014, 23:20

I've said this previously on the DXMP:HR board and I'll say it again here - the problem is not running an MSL or compiling a patch or list of servers or anything of that nature, it's simply getting everyone to actually USE all this flashy stuff we're writing.

We're fragmented enough as it is, deciding who's going to run the show is the least of our problems with getting this out to the people who need it, many of whom may not even want to apply auxiliary patches or male sex organ about with .ini files in the first place.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 10 Apr 2014, 13:23

Mastakilla wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Well, in my eyes, the best solution were to buy the gamespy domain (in case it's purchasable by then).. :-k

lol I was thinking that's pretty much the only solution, alternate masterserver won't help too much I thinks ._.

edit: so i'm assuming this affects other games as well so it might be a good idea to find some of those larger multi-player communities and work on a solution together..

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Apr 2014, 15:12

Yes it affects hundreds of games, but the busier ones have been preparing their solutions for "years". Sorry a long reply but...

Magus wrote:I've said this previously on the DXMP:HR board and I'll say it again here - the problem is not running an MSL or compiling a patch or list of servers or anything of that nature, it's simply getting everyone to actually USE all this flashy stuff we're writing.

We're fragmented enough as it is, deciding who's going to run the show is the least of our problems with getting this out to the people who need it, many of whom may not even want to apply auxiliary patches or male sex organ about with .ini files in the first place.

Additional point to be made: EM are currently advertising for
a multiplayer programmer.

All solutions I have seen so far do not involve any wholesalers or retailers like Steam, Eidos and people who actually sell it. Magus is correct. MS and patches are the easy part. It's getting it to new players or providing a solution that is permanent and can be marketed by third parties. We already have like three or four masterserver offers, but we have no actual marketing plan or solution for redirecting players who just bought the game.

If the news about multiplayer with EM is true, then this could have pros and cons, it might be in their interest to host and as someone said, EM should be the first port of call, even if it is expected to be a no, it is the logical first step. You can ask EM for something, but offer something in return.

If FOR EXAMPLE you are going to offer a dedicated PR and marketing campaign relating to a world record in multiplayer gaming, with x number of posts/blogs and offer particular servers and content, including HR related content and anything else we can offer, then there would be some case for asking. If however all we have to offer is people aliasing, DTS on cagematch while 11 others watch, cheating, silent admin, admins changing my team name to "homosexual" and a whole host of other negative many metabolic end product, then let the game die while it still has some dignity, otherwise it is time as a whole group to lay down what is acceptable and what is not acceptable in DXMP.

The fact we are debating Olo and Phantom illustrates this. We have let people cross the line many times and now we are surprised that new players aren't interested, the community spends most of the time arguing or doing evil to each other, deliberately trolling and spoiling games as if it is not valuable time of the other person. These are points which we can not defend any longer.

In my opinion the new masterserver and new dxmp, should obliterate all aliasing, maybe not forcibly, but alias at your own risk perhaps. Several other things that make the community unattractive or "unsafe" in terms of peaceful games should be addressed. Also we did very little really to make it possible for new players to integrate. There are very people that have stuck around, Alvin is one of them, but he's not just a player, he mods.

There was a topic started here when this forums were down. http://deusexmultiplayer.freeforums.org ... 01-10.html It seems there is a Nepthys issue, but Deja resolved it in his version by writing his own software.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Tidus » 16 Apr 2014, 04:35

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more multiplayer, no more spawnkills of any kind, we will start over, use hamachi to host LAN, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Would be too sad if i coudnt pick up deus ex and just play a few rounds :-#

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby chin.democ. » 16 Apr 2014, 12:11

I think we can play a few games here and there when we want, but as it stands we can kiss goodbye to any new players. So it would be a very close circle of people playing from here on out (you could say that's the way it's been for the last few months anyway).

Return to Deus Ex