Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Solution to keep MP going (I hope)

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Apr 2014, 13:17

And say goodbye to server rental as well I guess, but yes, no reason people can't still play. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise and give us a reason to ask for help in letting players know where we are. Lots of mods still haven't been released, so we have some news stories to come.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby Mastakilla » 16 Apr 2014, 13:52

chin.democ. wrote:I think we can play a few games here and there when we want, but as it stands we can kiss goodbye to any new players. So it would be a very close circle of people playing from here on out (you could say that's the way it's been for the last few months anyway).

Wars and bigger matches can still be organized through the forums and other communication groups that are on Skype/Steam/Facebook, it's indeed not much different

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby TheWolf » 17 Apr 2014, 07:43

Well I'm going to miss playing DXMP. I hate to admit it but I think I finally lost hope that DXMP would rebound and players would return. Spose it's time I retire from video games... RIP

Ingame: Sev
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Apr 2014, 12:09

IT'S ALL ABOUT "POSITIVE SPIN"...

When the masterserver goes down, it is a GOOD news story, "wow look the game is still going and has a masterserver wow", that's a reason to blog, shout, get journalists drunk, spam the links everywhere. "The fans did it by themselves... social phenomenon". etc etc. For example, check this... no mention of DXMP or other games. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/g ... lgoingafte

The bigger issue I think is that a lot of games are not enjoyable for various reasons. There is the "too cool for school" gang in DX, there is the "negative bomb", you know, the guy who comes on and destroys the peace by moaning about something, or calling something rubbish. There are still people trying to cheat, troll people and some serious mental health issues among players. ALL these issues/conversations should be reserved for forums. I don't see any of this in the other online game I play. It will require a certain amount of leading by example and the present community turning over a new leaf.

As always, nothing has changed, we will draw a certain number of people in, but how long they stick around is really another question. Seems a low return on players, but a good return on modders and especially Unreal or SP modders.

Also another point to consider is that a lot of new players these days have not played single player. It's probably even more crucial to be explaining augmentations, basic tips, forum addresses by infolink.

The masterserver is closing, but not one single server is advertising the new masterserver in its infolink. wtf is that.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby TheWolf » 17 Apr 2014, 21:32

What are the new master servers anyways? Also I tried that multiple master servers mod but it didn't work, wouldn't bring up servers... MMUserInterface works nice though, except when you double click to join a server the game crashes. So instead you have to highlight the server then hit join game.

Ingame: Sev
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 17 Apr 2014, 22:53

TheWolf wrote:What are the new master servers anyways? Also I tried that multiple master servers mod but it didn't work, wouldn't bring up servers... MMUserInterface works nice though, except when you double click to join a server the game crashes. So instead you have to highlight the server then hit join game.

master.dxmp.in is the new master server address.... the port is 28900.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby DejaVu » 18 Apr 2014, 00:32

I have MS down at the moment, just preparing a hardware solution - an ITX pc that consumes 4W only \:D/

Should be good for MS.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby atrey65789 » 18 Apr 2014, 17:19

DejaVu wrote:I have MS down at the moment, just preparing a hardware solution - an ITX pc that consumes 4W only \:D/

Should be good for MS.

Ah no wonder I had trouble connecting... :P

Sounds good De, solutions help with everything!

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 18 Apr 2014, 23:05

ShadowRunner wrote:And say goodbye to server rental as well I guess, but yes, no reason people can't still play. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise and give us a reason to ask for help in letting players know where we are. Lots of mods still haven't been released, so we have some news stories to come.

Altfire will stay online until further notice.
I'll add alternative masterservers, though.. perhaps somebody really uses one.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
GoBeyond
BUG
BUG

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby GoBeyond » 19 Apr 2014, 23:35

Well, aren't there already master servers that will stay once GS is gone? http://puu.sh/8fnXp.png I haven't checked, and I dont really know how to, but aren't the others all live? (Hello everyone I'm kinda a lurker but yeah)

Bean and Daemon both say this is outrageous and, Godz speed (They're my brothers, nbd) 8-)

Edit: I just realized I made a different account under the name Fisk, if those of you knew of me.. which I doubt

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 19 Apr 2014, 23:54

Our problem is not the available master servers but the unavailable gamespy MS, which is is the only one, where players with default game settings will get a serverlist from. :roll:
As soon as it's gone, there will be no server list anymore for them.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
GoBeyond
BUG
BUG

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby GoBeyond » 20 Apr 2014, 04:05

oh okay, essentially speaking we have nothing to worry about, its only potential new palyers (highly doubting there will be any) who want to play multiplayer

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Apr 2014, 18:39

Nobody has good news. (Sorry I could not resist)

Yes have full confidence in Noodz and Dej and yes I remember you, hi!

and yes that is the issue, new players.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby [FGS]Chees » 20 Apr 2014, 22:23

I keep asking people on UrT if they play DX and they keep saying it's about time I reinstalled it. I's well know on MP games but how to get them back on it. Maybe bots so there is always something to kill. For every person who joins the server a bot is removed till all humans then replaced them all 5/5 bots when every human leaves....sort of thing. Just an idea then @ least ya not sitting on a server doing nothing waiting for players.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Solution to keep MP going (I hope) - Postby chin.democ. » 20 Apr 2014, 23:45

Yeah good call on the bots.

Return to Deus Ex