Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Deus Ex: The Fall

Author
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Deus Ex: The Fall - Postby Tidus » 24 Apr 2014, 15:52

Someone played this yet?

Newest game from the Deus Ex Universe for the iOS and Android just hit the Windows computers and sucked balls in terms of graphics.

I played it a few hours on my galaxy s2 but i wasnt a fan of all the lag i had ingame, my phone could barely handle it and shootouts was a luck based thingy because of the controls and lags.

So i didnt bought it yet on my computer and every review i read say its a bad game again just like invisible war.
Dont get me wrong, Invisible war was a solid game on its own but nothing compared to deus ex.

In terms of Human Revolution, the fall could be consideret the same maybe, a good or solid game on its own but compared to the game its based on, its pretty bad.

From the time i played it on my phone the story was kinky and fits into the deus ex universe. Ben Saxon worked for the bad guys known from human revolution and finds out that they are evil and quits his job there. ofc they just dont accept that and wants him dead. He also runs on augments and need his drugs. So far it fits into deus ex but its a bit weird that you "work" for these guys at the beginning and quit after a few minutes into gameplay (NOT compareable to UNATCO and JC)

The Port is done without love at all.
All what they did was add resolution settings and anti aliasing (Not 100% sure about that) and thats it, they didnt tweaked the graphics AT ALL!
Explosions from bots look like half life 1 explosions. Kinda pathethic.
Conversations where good and the voices sound great.... atleast on my phone. i dont know how they would sound on a real computer though.

So? Anyone?

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Deus Ex: The Fall - Postby synthetic » 24 Apr 2014, 17:31

Tidus wrote:a good or solid game on its own but compared to the game its based on, its pretty bad.

Meh, forced me to log in. Just wanted to say, I agree 100%.

Played through :HR and have no intention to play The Fail, so unfortunately cannot comment on that title.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Deus Ex: The Fall - Postby ShadowRunner » 25 Apr 2014, 13:04

I watched a lot on youtube and read a lot of reviews, it seems to not work very well on a lot of phones. Seems very buggy and lacking certain parts of PC/Console play.

The story is basically using Ben Saxon from the DX book written by James Swallow, who also wrote for Dr Who.

Return to Deus Ex