Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A note about skill

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A note about skill - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Aug 2014, 02:32

Mastakilla wrote:Can't believe there's actually discussion about binding and wether or not it should be allowed or not. Epic Games is actually very proud of the flexibility possible in their engines for binding and go in great detail and depth in their documentations on how-to's etc. ''game manual'' arguement is the most silly thing I've ever heard, no offense George.

Knowing the possibilities and limitations within an engine is part of what makes a skilled player.
This is not the same as exploiting which would define a cheater.

I'm not against binding, but it is the LAMEST thing in the world to sit here and read people blaming everything BUT the fact that beginners didn't have a clue that we were binding. We didn't make it fair. It was not fair, and therefore cheaters cheating on buggers and binders, is a joke. The point is, everyone shat on the beginners.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A note about skill - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Aug 2014, 02:32

Mastakilla wrote:Can't believe there's actually discussion about binding and wether or not it should be allowed or not. Epic Games is actually very proud of the flexibility possible in their engines for binding and go in great detail and depth in their documentations on how-to's etc. ''game manual'' arguement is the most silly thing I've ever heard, no offense George.

Knowing the possibilities and limitations within an engine is part of what makes a skilled player.

I'm not against binding, but I am against it being available to some players, but not everyone. Maybe you are right, the thread should go back to the topic of cheating, not binding or bugging. But I think the cheating is not really the cause of issues. The issue was the impossible challenge presented to newcomers.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 16 Aug 2014, 09:17

I tried having a discussion about binds with you, years ago, as well as sent a lengthy PM when - year ago? There are some debatable elements that deal with binds, but IF it isn't patched then it is "legal". For example, and this is something Dani told me once, a tournament (LAN ofc) might or might not opt to disallowing snipebind - he brought an example where it was.

As for cheating, Dani is sure posting big posts with images, but I'm not quite sure what he is trying to prove. He has no case, his efforts to destabilize HVM (or possibly DXMP itself) are entirely pointless. For some reason, possibly because I put a lot of pressure on him in HVM for him to start learning augs, he hates my guts and has teamed up with phantom in order to write some kind of finctional facts about me lol. But difference between facts and fiction is that one of them can be proven [-X . As for Solid, I'm not sure what his angle is, but I suspect he just tries to cause as much metabolic end product as possible because he is a young kid and finds it fun. On Majin's example we've seen some overgrown kids too, though.

Because I can't be bothered to go over the bulk of text what he posted here, if someone is curious about some accusation then we can focus on that separately, otherwise its all "im the best player bla bla i beat everybody". I can post random pictures from game as well where my talk has been cut out of context. Very pro.

Anyway, watch and see.. they will break up due to internal struggles soon again. Dani and Solid occasionally lash out against Phantom (seen in 2013) and occasionally fight with eachother, and if no normal player plays then all they have to talk many metabolic end product to is eachother.

Quite disappointed about you, Dani. I hope it dawns on you one day just exactly how much you fucked up. Bulk of playing community already had an opinion about Phantom and Solid, but you had a chance to start from clean sheet.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby machete » 16 Aug 2014, 20:13

ShadowRunner wrote:

I'm not against binding, but it is the LAMEST thing in the world to sit here and read people blaming everything BUT the fact that beginners didn't have a clue that we were binding. We didn't make it fair. It was not fair, and therefore cheaters cheating on buggers and binders, is a joke. The point is, everyone shat on the beginners.

I agree. I've often thought about how esoteric even a medbind is for a beginner.

I think it was Biatch who originally introduced me to medbinds. I still remember the difference it made today and I have a metabolic end product memory.

Point is that it's an important aspect of the game - one that can give you a major advantage - but it's something I probably never would've discovered on my own.

It is fundamentally unfair but I think it's an acceptable level of unfair. These days, whenever I try a new multiplayer FPS, I expect people to be doing things that I don't know about yet by default.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby anax » 16 Aug 2014, 20:45

machete wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:

I agree. I've often thought about how esoteric even a medbind is for a beginner.

I think it was Biatch who originally introduced me to medbinds. I still remember the difference it made today and I have a metabolic end product memory.

Point is that it's an important aspect of the game - one that can give you a major advantage - but it's something I probably never would've discovered on my own.

It is fundamentally unfair but I think it's an acceptable level of unfair. These days, whenever I try a new multiplayer FPS, I expect people to be doing things that I don't know about yet by default.

If DXMP were in a healthier state with a moderate-to-large player base, teaching newbies the tricks of the trade would produce something at least.
But as it is, if there's even a fleeting chance to introduce a newb to the bigger picture they're gone before it comes, sadly. :-({|=

Ans i don't even know what to reply to this mud flinging between HVM and BB yet, so i'm steering clear for the moment. :-"

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby machete » 16 Aug 2014, 21:19

anax wrote:
machete wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:

If DXMP were in a healthier state with a moderate-to-large player base, teaching newbies the tricks of the trade would produce something at least.
But as it is, if there's even a fleeting chance to introduce a newb to the bigger picture they're gone before it comes, sadly. :-({|=

Ans i don't even know what to reply to this mud flinging between HVM and BB yet, so i'm steering clear for the moment. :-"

Yeah, I get you. My ramblings weren't really intended to inspire action. If anything, it's just something we probably should've been doing more a long time ago. Almost everyone (myself obviously included) shares a little blame for not taking more time to encourage and advise beginners while we had the chance.

In post-Gamespy DX, we'll be lucky to see any beginners at all. Plans for making the game more accessible to beginners at this stage are pretty pointless imho. All we can do is stare the increasingly imminent demise of DX in the face and have fun while we're at it.

I'm also staying well out of the arguments in this thread. I have nothing to contribute because I don't have the facts necessary to form an accurate opinion. All I know is that I've personally never seen Dani do anything that constitutes cheating or to play in such a way as to raise suspicions about cheating. That's why he's not banned from my server.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 16 Aug 2014, 21:37

Binds guides have been available on all major clan forums if not sites. Players make threads asking about them, and others make massive guides on how to use them. This has been so since.. beginning of DXMP, really.

Information is out there, you think when I played Urban Terror or CSS or HL2DM the binds were delivered to me on a plate? No, I played Urban Terror on and off for a year without binds. Why? Because I was too lazy to look them up, and didn't care enough about the game. Then one day I went and fiddled with them, and let me tell you, DXMP binds are childs play compared to what CSS and UrT binds are like.

Whole discussion about binds requires level head for these reasons: Binds are generally (and widely) accepted player customizations, with the *purpose* of allowing player to choose their own buttons, and with the added benefit of combining some functions (I don't like it, like lot of you here, but I cannot go and tell a hundred million gamers that they are wrong and I am right). DXMP game engine encourages binds, as seen from old official developer guides.

Debate about binds ranges from A) Player comfort and customization - to - B ) significant combo binds that do half a game for you, ie automatic snipe binds with fov and sens changes and weapon swaps.

Solution to *problematic* binds can only be a patch and not a forum thread. Problematic patch can be described by its game-breaking effect. Again, yelling at other players will not fix the issue, patch would.

As for the cheating clowns: Solid, Dani, Mango are all experienced cheaters with variable degree of know-how (Dani being the smartest of the 3 in that regard). I have *zero* proof that either of them is cheating *right now*, and that much should be clear from my many posts.
What you need to look at here is that all of those gamers willingly associate themselves with a well-known self-possessed cheater, to a point of defending him every opportunity. I personally would ban them just to be safe, and to deliver a point to the individuals who justify cheating in games where people expect fair play. That would be my preference and not something I tell you as a server admin to do. You can look for proof or whatnot. Since pretty much entire phantom's clan has now gathered under BB tag, I have reason to believe that Solid is just talking many metabolic end product. He has been Phantoms errand boy for too long, and most of the time can lie into your face with a polite smile. Talking from experience as he was in my clan and departed on good terms, actually.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby machete » 17 Aug 2014, 00:26

synthetic wrote:Binds guides have been available on all major clan forums if not sites. Players make threads asking about them, and others make massive guides on how to use them. This has been so since.. beginning of DXMP, really.

Information is out there, you think when I played Urban Terror or CSS or HL2DM the binds were delivered to me on a plate? No, I played Urban Terror on and off for a year without binds. Why? Because I was too lazy to look them up, and didn't care enough about the game. Then one day I went and fiddled with them, and let me tell you, DXMP binds are childs play compared to what CSS and UrT binds are like.

Whole discussion about binds requires level head for these reasons: Binds are generally (and widely) accepted player customizations, with the *purpose* of allowing player to choose their own buttons, and with the added benefit of combining some functions (I don't like it, like lot of you here, but I cannot go and tell a hundred million gamers that they are wrong and I am right). DXMP game engine encourages binds, as seen from old official developer guides.

Debate about binds ranges from A) Player comfort and customization - to - B ) significant combo binds that do half a game for you, ie automatic snipe binds with fov and sens changes and weapon swaps.

Solution to *problematic* binds can only be a patch and not a forum thread. Problematic patch can be described by its game-breaking effect. Again, yelling at other players will not fix the issue, patch would.

As for the cheating clowns: Solid, Dani, Mango are all experienced cheaters with variable degree of know-how (Dani being the smartest of the 3 in that regard). I have *zero* proof that either of them is cheating *right now*, and that much should be clear from my many posts.
What you need to look at here is that all of those gamers willingly associate themselves with a well-known self-possessed cheater, to a point of defending him every opportunity. I personally would ban them just to be safe, and to deliver a point to the individuals who justify cheating in games where people expect fair play. That would be my preference and not something I tell you as a server admin to do. You can look for proof or whatnot. Since pretty much entire phantom's clan has now gathered under BB tag, I have reason to believe that Solid is just talking many metabolic end product. He has been Phantoms errand boy for too long, and most of the time can lie into your face with a polite smile. Talking from experience as he was in my clan and departed on good terms, actually.

The use of ordinary play binds is not cheating or wrong. I never meant to imply that. At worst, the experienced players using binds are to blame for not actively passing on the advantage to beginners over the years but they're certainly not in the wrong for using them.

It's entirely conceivable that a person relatively new to games would have no idea about the possibility of editing a config file to gain advanced control of their binds. A lot of beginners' binds are going to be strictly limited to the built-in DX configuration menus. It's hard to search for information if you don't know what you're looking for. Additionally, good information about DXMP has always been, and remains, difficult to find. Clan forums, where a lot of the action takes place, are frequently arcane, requiring active inquest on the part of the player. I found this difficult when I first started playing DX so I completely empathise with the beginner's perspective.

Long story short: I love games with powerful binding systems. It's great to have an advanced level of customisation to play with. I don't think we're in the wrong for setting up our controls however we like within legal parameters. I do feel that info about the system may have been unnecessarily hard to find for many beginners and that the community could've been more proactive in helping out. It's a small complaint, however, given that every other game with a non-trivial bind system has exactly the same initial inequity and the communities surrounding those games aren't any more helpful than we were.

Regarding my ban policy, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of banning anyone without evidence of active, present cheating and I don't have anything like that with Dani. In fact, I'm convinced that right now he's playing fairly and has been for a long time.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 17 Aug 2014, 09:43

There can be no tolerance towards cheating or those that support it (all names mentioned). Dani was long time HVM member and he knows *very* well my policy towards cheating, regardless of what lies he propagates in Phantom's defence today.

Phantom and Fullmoon will cheat 99%-100% of time, so they are not really a question. They justify cheating and are proud of it. Additionally, they think everybody else better than them does the same (Darko much?).

Mango is same, but I don't know how much Phantom has taught him. I'd imagine he cheats every opportunity given his limited intellect permits. He is very close friends with Phantom, Dani, and Solid, so I imagine they help him.

Dani *will* cheat if you urine him off enough, and he is very easy to urine off. I kept eagle eye on his game and would like to assume that he didn't cheat while in HVM. It is safe to say that he is fairly good 0auger, but I don't know what he does in ATDM considering he now backs Phantom. I suspect main reason we fell out was because I pretty much forced my clan into ATDM and Dani only liked 0augs.

Solid I have no idea about. He used to speedhack when lot of newbies did (who had decent computers), but most of the time I've been under the impression that he doesn't. He certainly is a version of Olo on meth, but whether he'll use Phantom's and Dani's cheating know-how.. I don't know.

At some point there was 3R Third Reich clan in DXMP and lot of servers banned them for the name and concept alone. Today we have a group that takes pride in cheating, and I am not talking about binds here, and nobody does anything. Dani is smart enough to know that and actually joked how I can't tell anyone about this because nobody visits FGS forums anyway and game is dead. He may have been right about Alpha, but wrong about FGS. Most all clans visit these forums here, even if they don't post. Small oversight on Dani's part.

Clixor assumed that game accelerates at 120FPS 7-8 years ago, and while my PC was too poor to even reach those numbers I believed there was merit to that. We represent a bulk of veteran gamers that plays online for skilled fun and are not amused by hacky noobs that cannot see the big picture. If everybody were allowed to cheat freely then it is the admin that owns scoreboards in every server, and if you ddos all servers you win internets? *loving* clowns.

Solid
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A note about skill - Postby Solid » 17 Aug 2014, 13:38

Nice to see you haven't accused me of cheating apart from fps hacking before, which I admit, I have done, pre Nkz with 180 fps.

Now I have my fps capped nicely at 110 and 120 is apparently where the game speeds up, but I want to say something, I don't want to have any problems with you, you seem to have a incapacitating grudge against me which is extremely irritating. I have NO problem against you and NO problem ever with you, I want to sort this out because we can't just have some war as the game is dying, i'm sure you can agree that this game is for the enjoyment and not drama, so please lay off me and dani.

Continue to talk about phantom because you've had previous experiences, and I can't do anything but I am strongly certain that he doesn't cheat as I have confronted him.

Me and Dani will record a whole gameplay video uncut and unedited for you to watch with stat fps open.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby anax » 17 Aug 2014, 13:53

Last edited by anax on 15 Mar 2016, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby machete » 17 Aug 2014, 15:49

Solid wrote:I am strongly certain that he doesn't cheat as I have confronted him.

I'm sorry but this is a revisionism too far. Phantom has, on many occasions, admitted to and even defended speedhacking over the last few years. I was once treated to a prolonged demonstration of his sniper reload speed, which was twice as fast as anyone else's.

That said, I played with him in my server the other day and saw no evidence of cheating. I'm convinced he was playing fairly. Whether that's just because I was there, I couldn't say, but I'm willing to give him a chance to show that he's reformed.

Solid
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A note about skill - Postby Solid » 17 Aug 2014, 19:57

machete wrote:
Solid wrote:I am strongly certain that he doesn't cheat as I have confronted him.

I'm sorry but this is a revisionism too far. Phantom has, on many occasions, admitted to and even defended speedhacking over the last few years. I was once treated to a prolonged demonstration of his sniper reload speed, which was twice as fast as anyone else's.

That said, I played with him in my server the other day and saw no evidence of cheating. I'm convinced he was playing fairly. Whether that's just because I was there, I couldn't say, but I'm willing to give him a chance to show that he's reformed.

I understand that he "HASN'T" cheated, I said he "DOESN'T" cheat, which is in the present, just clearing that up.

Friedman
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A note about skill - Postby Friedman » 17 Aug 2014, 21:48

synthetic wrote:this is a guy who paid hundreds of euros for counter strike cheat deal monthly updates.

oh wow :bwahaha:

AceFighterz wrote:my bro is the king of warnings wow holy metabolic end product i wonder if a could compete against him
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby machete » 17 Aug 2014, 23:17

Solid wrote:
machete wrote:

I understand that he "HASN'T" cheated, I said he "DOESN'T" cheat, which is in the present, just clearing that up.

Fair enough, my mistake. I agree that there's a chance he's stopped cheating. I don't trust a word he says because he's lied too many times, but the proof is in the pudding and what I saw the other day was not a cheater.

Return to Deus Ex