Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

My server works, but it won't show on the list!

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

My server works, but it won't show on the list! - Postby Nightcaper » 22 Sep 2014, 06:42

I recently just rented out a Deus Ex server from GamingDeluxe (pricing is steep! Hope it's worth it), and made some needed modifications. The server works, I directly connected to it and did not have problems... but it won't show up in the masterserver list. Before you give the obvious answer, I already changed the masterserver to master.deusexnetwork.com. In fact, to save a lot of redundancy on that issue ("did you spell it right?" etc.), let me just directly paste that part of the configuration:

Code: Select all
[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fragaholic.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900

ServerPackages=DXMTL152b1

Allow me to re-iterate, the server works, as I connected to it and played it. It just won't show up on the server list, both the master server my personal .ini uses and the server .ini uses are master.deusexnetwork.com, I do not know what the issue is. I've already submitted a ticket, however if anyone else has any ideas, that would be great. The server currently sports MTL and miniMTL, beyond that there aren't any consequential mutators or mods that I added. Any help is appreciated. :)

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: My server works, but it won't show on the list! - Postby Poor » 22 Sep 2014, 07:14

Make sure this is somewhere in your DeusEx.ini:

[IpDrv.UdpBeacon]
DoBeacon=True
BeaconTime=0.50
BeaconTimeout=5.0
BeaconPort=7776
BeaconProduct=DeusEx

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: My server works, but it won't show on the list! - Postby Hey » 22 Sep 2014, 08:28

Did you open ports?

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: My server works, but it won't show on the list! - Postby Nightcaper » 22 Sep 2014, 16:16

Poor wrote:Make sure this is somewhere in your DeusEx.ini:

[IpDrv.UdpBeacon]
DoBeacon=True
BeaconTime=0.50
BeaconTimeout=5.0
BeaconPort=7776
BeaconProduct=DeusEx

Yep, it's there. This is also in its own separate section:

[IpServer.UdpServerQuery]
GameName=deusex

Hey wrote:Did you open ports?

For connection? It's a game server host, GamingDeluxe. As I said in the OP, I am able to connect to it fine, so if it's connection ports you mean, then yes, they're open. Although now I wonder about that query port, maybe the master server isn't finding it?

EDIT: Well, they closed the ticket saying that it wasn't a firewall issue. How helpful of them. ](*,)

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: My server works, but it won't show on the list! - Postby Nightcaper » 22 Sep 2014, 17:32

The issue is now resolved. If anyone has this problem, rented server or not, look for a section called "IpServer.UdpServerUplink" in deusex.ini. If you don't find a SECTION for it (instead just properties being used for it), add this somewhere to the .ini:

[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
DoUplink=False
UpdateMinutes=1
MasterServerAddress=
MasterServerPort=27900
Region=0

Make appropriate modifications (DoUplink=True) you see fit, save, restart, and your server should show up. :D

P.S: The way my rented server's cpanel seems to work, is that its configuration file plugin overwrites any changes that would normally happen to Deus Ex's .ini file, or so I would speculate.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: My server works, but it won't show on the list! - Postby Poor » 22 Sep 2014, 20:44

Ah right, the troublesome variable is DoUplink, not DoBeacon.

Make sure you shutdown the server
Nightcaper wrote:P.S: The way my rented server's cpanel seems to work, is that its configuration file plugin overwrites any changes that would normally happen to Deus Ex's .ini file, or so I would speculate.

Make sure to shutdown the server before editing any config files.

Return to Deus Ex