Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Down with augs and wunderland 2

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 15 May 2006, 16:03

Thanks for that about servers, it seems lately in certain forums ppl are forgetting that running a server is a service to the community...

Well I am a FIVE/SIX year player of SINGLE PLAYER/NON-AUG

I used to aug, but it was too easy to win the game and keep everyone alive, including dogs, karkians, UNATCO...

So I started playing single player non-aug and setting the target that not one UNATCO or NSF die, which is hard in Hell's Kitchen's first visit and when Paul wants to waste them...and when MJ12 do stupid things, catch fire and explode everywhere...the only way without augs being to get on the roof and gasnade both firefights with superhuman gasnading and then wound everyone who is still firing and then dart anyone who looks like trouble...jump to the light, jump to the street, prod anyone still standing, hope the gas is still keeping the other end of the park still...

It can be borin, but a much better and harder game to keep everyone alive, even MJ12 commandoes. And of course you get less weps, ammo, pick-ups, credits etc... also cos u can't steal/break-in private property etc u have less...

It's tough to do it this way...much more than augs... MJ12 commandoes are not so easy to stun, two in a room at once etc...wounding them so they run away is tougher still, that is skill to me...show me a demorec of the first Hells Kitchen firefight, and u successfully saving all NSF and UNATCO lives in both firefights at both ends of the park at the same.
It can be done, but without augs it is almost impossible...

So I do have respect for a big streak in non-aug, my biggest with sniper is 16 streak, I have done that a few times...can't seem to get 20.0 with 30.06, I always end up tossing a lam or dying after 16th kill...lol!!!

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 15 May 2006, 20:47

ok it has been proven that there is no way to beat sp without killing a single person... and gas and darts and prod.. any thing that incapacitats a person... that is considered killing him cos he never comes bac.... i know because i used darts on everyone and anna navarre still congraulated me 4 killing everyone...... so u have to kill at least one person in the whole game... and technicly anyending u pick u kill sumone... yes even the one where u fuse with icurus u still kill page.... so plz got over the illusion that u can go thru the whole game with out killing anything even with cheats........ lol anyways yes augs do make the game easyer in sp but in sp ur enemy does not have augs as well (not counting simons) but mp augs make the game a lil more difficult cos of the fact that u almost have to have vision aug for fear of cloakers and if u only have 2 augs... that makes it very difficult.... cos u only have 1 other choice and what will it be? see what i mean augs puts more stradigy in the game

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 16 May 2006, 15:34

These are the people in my opinion that must die:

Anna Navarre, if you dont lam the 747 to stop her execution or take her out another way, Alex will not let you leave UNATCO HQ. There is no way out without terminating the mech.

Lucius de Beers, if you don't turn off his life support, well you are helping Everett, keep a man prisoner in the most evil manner. But a sensitive issue, you are not required to, the decision is yours, one of the most difficult and interesting kills in the game.

Gunther Herman I just never bothered to find the way to access the computer without Gunther running towards me. When he runs towards me, I LAW him, mech gone, end of the mechs, he was a mass murderer of NSF freedom fighters and ghetto people as much as Anna.
I dont feel bad about finishing the mechs...

Two Greys, there is no way into level 4 without wasting those two greys...

Nobody else needs to die.

It is possible to finish the game with only Lucius and Anna dying.
I have never done it without ONE unatco trooper dying in Hell's Kitchen. I come very close to it, you have to let yourself get very badly wounded. There is a dilemma, the trooper has an Ass.Gun, the NSF has I think shotgun or pistol, in the firefight ONE tropper and ONE nsf are too close, even speed augging can not both people, they are just too close to each other, for you to dart, gas, stun or wound 14 people in that space of time, even when you deal with those two first. Using the roof helps, but more easy to run out of darts...

NON-LETHAL = Tranq darts, tear gas, batons, EMP prod, pepper spray, fire extinguisher, flare darts,

BUT of course don't forget you can wound people and they will run away.
After a bit of practice I could wound Commandoes without killing them...
Also if you are careful you can temporarily incapacitate MJ12 troops, by setting them on fire, they will run around screaming, while u deal with others, but after a certain amount of time/damage they will explode, so it's best to get your flaming right...and they will be on fire and then go back to normal after the fire is out...

sometimes they can be made to move without even being stunned, create a diversion or wound them, just show them who is boss...dont need to kill.

And ROIDANTON - Linux is cool, I used the Linux version of Photoshop, begins with G....forgot the name, but its cool... when you mouse-over a tool it doesn't say stupid names like "magic wand" it actually explains and teaches you...."magic wand" tool is called "partial selection tool" in Linux.

And Kothar even when u save everyones lives, UNATCO are still blaming you for losing men in Hell's and Battery...

Sometimes I play a variation, MJ12 are mercenaries and fair game, everyone else is an innocent caught up... It's fun cos MJ12 like to explode all over lab assistants and UNATCO...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 16 May 2006, 15:43

Lucius de Beers..... who is he?

also u have to kill the dude that it lamming the missle in the silo and any non-leathal is considered kiling in Deus Ex cos when i used all non-leathal on the ppls in the first 2 lvls anna still puts me up 4 the assination job and i don't get my extra ammo from sam carter..... so throw hat idea out the window as far as i know u only have to kill the dude that it lamming the missle in the silo and page he dies no matter wat ending u pick

lol sorry i just had to assault you lik that because i have never been able to git thru the game without killing..... ok and i am no longer wanting to be a mapper but.... i have sum map ideas... and i wan to be a modder because i have visions 4 sum of theas maps..... and i will make weapon mods when i learn milkshape... well can u use milkshape 4 weapon mods???

synthetic

- Postby synthetic » 17 May 2006, 00:01

}{JACK}{ wrote:This post is actually from Jacks brother for those who know me i have names such as AgentNash and offcourse my clan name [V]Nash.

random upon reading your post regarding skill in augs yes you do need skill. you need the right tools for the job. But then again in non augs are you telling me there is not as much skill needed if so your wrong. in augs it is easy to come out on top of a 3 on 1 situation beacuse of your augs. but in a non aug situation you do not have health regen or your ballistc sheild. So when im outnumbered and i snipe somone then take the otherone down with the assault then kill the otherone with the sniper again that doesnt take more skill.

I suggest before you cristcise other people on how they play this game you actually played both parts of the game aug and non aug for a lenghty period of time and come back.
They both take skill i know non auggers who go into an augged server and find it easy i also know those who come from a auged enviroment and find it hard. it all depends on what your used to. and if i was tbh then i would say deusex was an easy game in itself. i havent played for about a year now and i can come back play and still be in the top 5 on a packed server. aug non aug it doesnt matter.

ps * ic * to see fgs have so many servers you should be proud, you guys are helping keep people in dx.

Is that directed at me? Ive played deus ex for 6 years, online 0aug 2 years, online aug 2 years, ive been interested in dxmp history since day one,hell, since before i even had the connection! Nash you have no idea how many forums and sites i went through, just to find more clans for the list and to learn about what made the game. Do not try to tell me off just because I told your relative (?) the truth.

If you wish I could easily write an essay on the subject for you, but that would have to wait at least until tomorrow.

People, who keep saying how augs make dx suck, or how augs are cheats honestly make me sad. I would link you to an article destroyerzero wroteabout dxmp, but that would also have to wait. Basically it described how the community is worth nothing, he went too far with it but there is strong point in what he said.
Some people who are used to games like css or any other shooter have no respect towards a game that once was goty.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 17 May 2006, 07:03

augs are part of the game, it should always be available on some server somewhere...

The problem is that CS and DX compared from a spectator's point of view..."CS is more realistic"

GODZ just posted the figures. 10000 DX CD's distributed, will mean 3000 will make it to the PC, 2500 will play SP games and 500 will make it to MP.

Those 500 will get shelled, sniped and teamkilled, called noob and not ever get as far using a lockpick, multi-tool, learning how to kill with a lam, save a life with emp, or do anything of things that you can't in CS.

To me I'd rather play the inferior-graphics game and enjoy the DX environment and trickery more. Daily Counter-Strike gets boring, watching yourself dead, or always having to plant the bomb in the same goddam place, it's a good game, but not as clever as DX...same goes for TomClancy Rainbow 6, it's repetitive...DX is not, there seems to be far more new maps in DX, than in CS from my experience...and the maps are more varied and more inter-active...

I stop there

m45t3rs4d0w8

- Postby m45t3rs4d0w8 » 18 May 2006, 02:10

All games are boring. I remember 'No One Lives Forever'.
The plot was stupid as all hell. Do not get me started on how one pathed
it was. I like DX due to the possable ways of doing things to complete a
goal. There is always another way. Augs enchance this greatly.

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 18 May 2006, 11:13

Augs or 0 Augs, this is here the question

:cheers+:

all Players should be playing both variants

pi/100*1337=42
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 18 May 2006, 16:24

Precisely all weps/augs/servers is a good player to me...

Kothar - Lucius de Beers the Old Illuminati leader who has been frozen alive by Everett, so that Everett can plug him to a life support system and use his brain, he asks you to switch off his life support.

No there is one ending where Page does not die...The AI ending?...Maybe you are right he dies? I thought he just says "Noooooooo"?
If you play non-lethal it is the only option you can take...you can't blow the base and you can't kill Page.

In the end I killed page, cos it is the hardest ending to play...and he is a mass murderer and killing him while nobody was watching me was sweet
Also it IS lol non-lethal with darts, cos their bodies say "unconscious"
Howard Strong is the guy you deal with in the Missile Silo.

He is easy, I dart him usually, but he can be stunned and then you throw him into the water, where he will presumably not burn when the rocket lfits off...I am working on a SP idea/game/story where Maggie Chow and Howard Strong take control of MJ12 after Page is dead...

But augs and no-augs are equal disciplines.
And Mastershadow and Icho raise the most important of all about DX.
It is not like Tomb Raider, where you fight each level and progress inch by inch across levels and maps...The choices open to you are many and the tactics, weps and level of force you use again are your choice and there are huge free-roaming cities for you to decide how and what order will be explored...and Augs greatly increase this yes...

Augs make a big difference inside Area 51, there are parts of the base that can not be reached without speed Aug...and pick ups etc...and that giant vent which says "Warning: Do not enter"...read the sign lol...

I don't know if u played "Half - Life : Uplink", but on hard level that is really difficult, there are 3 scientist about to be executed, if you are really accurate you CAN waste all the Marines and save 2 of the scientists, but never have I saved all 3, I guess it can be done, but the shooting needs to be as good as aimbotting or better...on average I save 1 scientist and get some med...

m45t3rs4d0w8

- Postby m45t3rs4d0w8 » 19 May 2006, 01:54

There is a neat game made by a UK company Called Uplink. You hack servers and get money, etc. What is interesting is how hard it is and you choose your own fate.

synthetic

- Postby synthetic » 19 May 2006, 10:45

ShadowRunner wrote:augs are part of the game, it should always be available on some server somewhere...

The problem is that CS and DX compared from a spectator's point of view..."CS is more realistic"

GODZ just posted the figures. 10000 DX CD's distributed, will mean 3000 will make it to the PC, 2500 will play SP games and 500 will make it to MP.

Those 500 will get shelled, sniped and teamkilled, called noob and not ever get as far using a lockpick, multi-tool, learning how to kill with a lam, save a life with emp, or do anything of things that you can't in CS.

To me I'd rather play the inferior-graphics game and enjoy the DX environment and trickery more. Daily Counter-Strike gets boring, watching yourself dead, or always having to plant the bomb in the same goddam place, it's a good game, but not as clever as DX...same goes for TomClancy Rainbow 6, it's repetitive...DX is not, there seems to be far more new maps in DX, than in CS from my experience...and the maps are more varied and more inter-active...

I stop there

regarding MP part.. its actually so.

ATDM is actually much much less noobfriendly than 0augs but people who hate augs are the exactly same type of people who would have never liked the actual dxmp, so basically it almost makes them non dx fans.

augs and 0augs are two different games and even between BTDM and ATDM there is a huuuge difference.

In a way it is possible though that the speed aug got overused in multiplayer, raw as it was, but it also made the game one of the hardest to master anyway.

Playing both is ok because where else can u play two different games by just switching servers, aswell that AG is amazing :)

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 19 May 2006, 12:05

personly i find augs usefull but it is not good to play on servers with augs all the time because you get to be dependant on them so augs or no augs allways play both ends of the feild it helps you get better

synthetic

- Postby synthetic » 20 May 2006, 00:31

that is true for single player

that is not true for online gaming however

if there are augs available and you "choose" not to use them you will never understand what hit you when auger comes on you.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 21 May 2006, 02:07

..... not what i meant... if u r on a server that has augs then by all means use them!!! i meant that if u want to get better play on servers that don't have augs sometimes because if you get to dependant on augs then you lose skill... this is very true so don't even try to argue in fact i aggree with icho he should definatly have augs on one of his servers so yeah u made the right choice icho good work 8)

Return to Deus Ex