Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

servers activated their cloak aug

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Australia

servers activated their cloak aug - Postby mikak » 28 Sep 2014, 17:06

seems almost no servers are showing in the list. for me; only heys. zxc and the passworded server are showing. wunderland was on earlier, now not showing either. i manually defined the ip address to bartenders cozmopolis server (@69.162.109.18) and it connected fine, chilled with my girl freakoftheslums for a bit, but unlikely anybody is going to join, so i killed a rival suitor named [] and came to see if anybody knows what's up? gg

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby Nightcaper » 28 Sep 2014, 17:57

Checked the server list at Deus Ex Network, I can confirm something's up with the master server. Until then, all we can do is Direct IP connect. Mine, as Mikak mentioned, is 69.162.109.18 for my fun server. If FGS still shows on my list I'll post that IP here as well, dunno how long the master server will be having issues, woke up today and it still is.

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby Alexander » 28 Sep 2014, 18:34

Hi all, yeah something is up with the masterserver.

The primary masterserver went into maintenance last night, after which a secondary server kicked in.
Deus Ex servers and clients automatically connected to the secondary server, but unfortunately it didn't go flawless.

Here's why:
When a Deus Ex server is started, it checks the masterservers present in the masterserver list and gets the IP associated with each hostname. It then starts sending "I'm alive!" beacons to the IPs it previously retrieved.
Unfortunately, when the IP behind a hostname changes (which is what happened last night), the servers still keep sending beacons to the old IP. Servers that use a timelimit change the map after X minutes (depending on your configuration) and then automatically get the new IP, but servers with a fraglimit keep using the old IP until the server is restarted or the map is changed (a simple servertravel is enough).

To prevent this in the future you can add several masterservers to your DeusEx.ini, so you already connect to the other secondary masterservers.
The hostnames of these are:
Code: Select all
master.333networks.com
master.noccer.de
ny.master.deusexnetwork.com
ca.master.deusexnetwork.com
fr.master.deusexnetwork.com

The port is the default 27900 on all of these,

mikak
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Australia

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby mikak » 30 Sep 2014, 11:57

many thanks Alex

please forgive my noobishlishishness, but i assume that ^ needs to be added like this:

[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fragaholic.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.ny.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.ca.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fr.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
?

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby chin.democ. » 02 Oct 2014, 18:38

Looks good to me Mikak.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby Poor » 02 Oct 2014, 20:46

Thanks for quick response Alex. Your master server setup is very impressive.

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby Alexander » 02 Oct 2014, 21:28

Hi mikak, I'm afraid you made a slight error.
Here's a corrected version:
[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fragaholic.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=ny.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=ca.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=fr.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900

And thanks Poor!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: servers activated their cloak aug - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Oct 2014, 21:34

Poor wrote:Thanks for quick response Alex. Your master server setup is very impressive.

yes + 1 much impressed.

Return to Deus Ex