Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Fresh server

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Oct 2014, 22:34

Want to host a fresh server from home like I did back in the day for almost a year.
It worked fine way back then with no lag for players and since had an internet upgrade to the fastest possible in the UK.
Hosted test maps with 12+ players online with no problems back then so now should be fast as hell. It wont be server based obviously but like the 2 fgs 0 aug servers me and chinny simultaneously set up years ago it will be similar. If i recall Chinny was using a private server host and mine was from home yet no major difference if i remember right.

Any thoughts, ideas, mods ya wanna through or test to whack on the server let us know.
This is just a though atm so don't all pile in at once!

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Fresh server - Postby TheWolf » 06 Oct 2014, 23:31

How about I pay for the server and you manage it

Ingame: Sev
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Fresh server - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Oct 2014, 19:40

Impressive.

Host your work or what you enjoy.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Fresh server - Postby TheWolf » 08 Oct 2014, 08:16

aweh i wanna pay for a server again i miss this game :(

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 08 Oct 2014, 11:43

That sounds good Wolf I would be happy to go down that rout as it would be easier for several people to manage the server instead if relying on one person to be online when changes are needed.

We will have to work out what maps, mods, weapons and game type to host and open a public topic so players can state what changes they want and what maps they would like hosted. Also would be great if we can switch between game types like CTF, augs, 0 augs, TDM, Survivor and be able to add bots and take them off with a simple command lines like the servertravel uses to change maps without restarting the whole server and kicking the players out to make those small changes. We may need someone who can do codling for that bit. Also a map vote yes/no to cycle map or not before the time is finished.

I think having things like this will give players the choice of everything on one server and not just be one dedicated server for just one game type. With the rule to change only if the majority of players in server agree the change at the time.

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Fresh server - Postby Hey » 08 Oct 2014, 15:39

[FGS]Chees wrote:I think having things like this will give players the choice of everything on one server and not just be one dedicated server for just one game type. With the rule to change only if the majority of players in server agree the change at the time.

Sounds good! Hopefully this way we can get more gamemodes played.

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Fresh server - Postby Nightcaper » 08 Oct 2014, 19:22

This was the same idea I was trying to do with mine, not many people joined or pitched me suggestions. :roll:

Best of luck.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 08 Oct 2014, 19:55

Cheers Nightcaper. If we all team in an give players what they want when they want it things might pick up in the next few months.
Well it's worth a try i guess. It cant get much more empty than it already is :bwahaha:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 09 Oct 2014, 02:05

Making a map based on a URT map or a port as some call it but wont name it yet and exclusive only to the server if it ever gets going. Should be great for all game types when finished in a few weeks as the flow is great when players get used to the layout of the map. Either way It will be downloadable when done...server or not. :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Fresh server - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Oct 2014, 00:00

don't forget the aug version, tnag/altfire version, superweps/stargate version, ww2 version too please :D

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Oct 2014, 00:43

Waiting for Wolf to get back to me on the server then we will open a topic for what mods weps and such players want to see on it. Post on that that topic when it's made Shadow or I will forget 8-)

Edit: Nice to see your still around Shadow. Miss talking to you and kicking your ass on DX :)

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Fresh server - Postby TheWolf » 10 Oct 2014, 06:17

1. Whos the host
2. What location
3. Any additional details

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Oct 2014, 15:32

1. not sure
2. not sure
3. not yet. Just get a server up and running as basic as it can be and we can then go through what mods and such to put on it.
Need to make a new topic for this so people have one place to discuss the server. Need a name for the server as well!

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Fresh server - Postby TheWolf » 10 Oct 2014, 16:17

Heres the thing: i am willing to get 2 servers: 1. Is off a buddy's deti in germany but wheb i tried hosting what happened was we had issues with it... all you could do was walk around slowly and lag, so if we find out how to fix that... 2. I could order one from whoever the hosts are these days

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Fresh server - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Oct 2014, 20:37

You will have to ask someone who knows as I've only hosted from home or been an admin

Return to Deus Ex