Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

New USA Servers

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

New USA Servers - Postby TheWolf » 11 Nov 2014, 01:42

There are 3 new USA servers hosted in Denver, Colorado on a virtual private server hosted by NFO servers. ATDM, BTDM, and 0a. Any players who have quit the game due to lack of good USA servers may now return. I'll try to answer some questions you may have.

Can I be admin?
PM me, if I trust you and see that you are a fair admin, you will receive the admin password

You're wasting your money.
There is more than just DXMP servers on my VPS.

Doesn't that mean your servers will lag?
No, in fact Anax said he feels like he has 80 ping and he is a euro player.

Can we ban euros that alias?
Shouldn't big a giant problem now that minimtl is installed, we will discourage it.

Can I have a server?
Give me a game type that is reasonable to host, or pay part of the bill.

I'm going to hack your server.
You're a *loving* idiot.

Turn team kill on.
Team kill is very annoying. However if a majority of players want it, it will be turned on without the anti-tk mod.

Why without the anti-TK mod?
Because the anti-TK mod is abusive. Take this scenario:
A dumb female sex organ of a player shoots another player, but does not kill him. In rage, the player who was being shot, kills the player shooting him. The dumb female sex organ continues to shoot the player, and the process is repeated, until the player who was originally get attacked is banned for a few matches.

Can be ban this player? He's a male sex organ
Bans will not be handed out unless a thorough report with valid proof is received.

Sev, I played in your server and you did not get 0kills and 25deaths for once, stop cheating.
Or I am better in lower ping.

Last edited by TheWolf on 25 Nov 2014, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Ingame: Sev
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: New USA Servers - Postby TheWolf » 13 Nov 2014, 05:48

Bumping this --

Need maps for servers. Currently taking all suggestions. Post link and I will add them, it does not hurt to give players the option to play them, but it hurts to not give the option.

IN DESPERATE NEED OF --- Cathedral Revamped.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: New USA Servers - Postby DaniSaggenza » 13 Nov 2014, 13:04

0A:

-> SniperBox (http://www.gravity-world.com/download/file.php?id=2909)
-> Dressing Room (https://www.alluc.to/l/DXMP-DressingRoom-rar/y6y9x8w)
-> Stalkyard (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ze3s ... lkyard.zip)
-> Peak (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m0na ... P_Peak.zip)
-> Snow (http://www.gravity-world.com/viewtopic. ... f7e468f1a6)
-> Elevation [I'll post link as soon as I can find one]
-> RTKM_Spirit [I'll post link as soon as I can find one]

ATDM:

-> DryDock (http://maps.ab-clan.com/DXMP_DryDock/DXMP_DryDock.rar)
-> Morbias (http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/ ... orbias.zip)
-> Majestic [Sikes map, I don't remember hows it called rofl] (Hey might have link :-")
-> Smuggles_ed (http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/ ... uggles.zip)
-> Damnation Alley (http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/ ... nalley.zip)
-> TUNNEL NETWORK [I miss this map so much :-&] (http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/ ... etwork.zip)

I could've made links shorter but I'm working right now and I've not time at all.

Note 1: I don't know which maps you're already hosting, so I'm sorry if I did put here some map that you're actually hosting. O:)

Note 2: Obviously I don't map so all rights reserved to the owners of every single map that I did post.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: New USA Servers - Postby TheWolf » 15 Nov 2014, 19:42

Forgot to mention, the VDS has room for more servers I think...

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: New USA Servers - Postby synthetic » 16 Nov 2014, 02:45

Will mini-mtl be installed?
No, mini-mtl severely hurts game play of those with packet-loss.

In that case you'll have to manually advban or range ban known or detected cheaters; and see if Alex might release that ANNA with FPS on scoreboard or not. If he'd release it, then it would allow players to get a strong patch and an aid for the most common cheating issue: 150+ fps gamespeed. If you don't see player FPS nor host miniMTL then you'll have cheaters in your server and itll urine people off, and some will play just to intentionally urine others off.

Can we ban euros that alias?
I would, however that's a male sex organ move, and worst case Ontario I will do it.

What in the serious fck? It is extremely hard to take a server like that seriously, it makes even less sense than Triad banning drone aug. If you want to be a noob admin then I'm sure theres a club for those.

Turn team kill on.
Team kill is very annoying. However if a majority of players want it, it will be turned on without the anti-tk mod.

Team kill enabled is used by serious servers, up to owner (you) to decide if you host serious server or edh-stuff.

Why without the anti-TK mod?
Because the anti-TK mod is abusive. Take this scenario:
A dumb female sex organ of a player shoots another player, but does not kill him. In rage, the player who was being shot, kills the player shooting him. The dumb female sex organ continues to shoot the player, and the process is repeated, until the player who was originally get attacked is banned for a few matches.

Your example completely ignores the fact that anti-TK was made precisely to counter all types who TK out of nerd rage or for FUN. The latest mod also includes reflected damage which would deal with Team Bleeding but is generally not liked by the current playerbase.

Can be ban this player? He's a male sex organ
Bans will not be handed out unless a thorough report with valid proof is received.

Or unless they are aliasing euros.

As for maps, dani's suggestions for ATDM is the general preference, but Damnation Alley is hit and miss, like cathedral. Some people like it and others dont.

The maps HVM used to host on 0a are best I could find for this game, but SniperBox is ololine map for fun server (not saying yours isnt gonna be one).

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: New USA Servers - Postby TheWolf » 16 Nov 2014, 04:33

Sorry Ken but i'm sick of people (Euros, or Asians or something thats definately not American because of the ping) coming under random names and playing like they normally wouldn't, cheating, shelling, lamming, etc. This is now considered against the rules if the player persistently does it. I've talked about it with other players too, it is not completely my decision, I take in account other player's opinions too. Not changing my mind on teamkill. Also if we want to talk about crappy admins, let's talk about how I tried to get you to do something about Norse attacking me to the point of near death, for 2-3 rounds until I got fed up and banned for a few rounds. Don't talk like you're above edh. Edh was a gateway for newbies and high pingers. Do you think a newbie has figured out how to play in high ping? They'll shoot right at the target instead of ahead, hitting teammates in the process.

Don't like the server settings? Make your own. I brought back a few US players. What have you been up to lately, Ken?

Okay i'll be honest. From what I hear you don't even play the game anymore. Therefore your opinion about these things are invalid to me until you actually start playing again. Also your posts urine me off because somehow you manage to stick an indirect insult about someone in every post.

Please stop making passive aggressive posts, you're making me want to hit you over the head with something hard.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: New USA Servers - Postby synthetic » 16 Nov 2014, 05:51

Well, you're an admin that forces players to use some kind of name or another. Its no different from Blade using mutator to change player's names for fun all the way up to Dogny attaching worm to his server packages.

You're right, though, if I posted something in reply to every dumb post I'd be living on this chair. Since you went and got several servers I figured I'd ignore my past experience with you and contribute with something, ie map suggestions or settings. I came here, I encountered dumb, and Im out again :p Carry on.

edit: lol at the invalid opinions :D epic

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: New USA Servers - Postby TheWolf » 16 Nov 2014, 07:04

What you encountered is someone who finally got sick of your metabolic end product at the start of the year and quit the game. But whatever I don't wanna argue about this anymore. Have fun doing whatever it is you do nowadays.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: New USA Servers - Postby anax » 16 Nov 2014, 09:35

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: New USA Servers - Postby DaniSaggenza » 16 Nov 2014, 11:39

synthetic wrote:Well, you're an admin that forces players to use some kind of name or another. Its no different from Blade using mutator to change player's names for fun all the way up to Dogny attaching worm to his server packages.

You're right, though, if I posted something in reply to every dumb post I'd be living on this chair. Since you went and got several servers I figured I'd ignore my past experience with you and contribute with something, ie map suggestions or settings. I came here, I encountered dumb, and Im out again :p Carry on.

edit: lol at the invalid opinions :D epic

Ken I had understood that you didnt care about DX anymore, stop being a male sex organ and get the *love* out if you're not going to collaborate.

Game is getting active this christmas (at least 14 players per day) and some posts ago you said game was completely dead, get fucked.

I can say openly that if you're not going to collaborate no one will miss you. (I doubt someone does actually anyways...)

Kthxbai

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: New USA Servers - Postby anax » 16 Nov 2014, 13:30

For someone who UNINSTALLED Deus Ex, you sure do come up with some fascinating stuff.

Edit: and that's with no negative intention, i mean it's actually rather nice of you to keep posting tomes while not actually playing.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: New USA Servers - Postby synthetic » 16 Nov 2014, 17:46

Listen noobs, stop gangbanging me in a server thread and focus on topic. I've been playing several days to test some hardware changes.

And I'm the random alias that keeps killing you in atdm lately, anax. Mr rifles-are-lame.

Its ridiculous how bunch of you painstakingly look for any opportunity to attack me while never being able to point out a single thing that I've been wrong about. I'm sorry dani that "ken is not normal" and doesn't like cheating noobs. I play with 140 fps, focus on my own game, and what rest of you abortions do is not really my problem any more. It was nice to see Blade playing, though.

As for topic itself, there are so many things wrong with the alias rule that I don't even know where to start! Dumb admins don't help any game, but then again people usually don't really play in their servers so I guess theres balance in the universe.

First of all, you are an admin, there ARE NO aliases in your server! (unless you're so dumb that you can't even figure out who is playing in your own server) Blade, Monkee-Ste always knew who played in their servers, *especially* aliases.

Secondly, your valid point about certain problematic players is supposed to be countered with a measure that 1) doesnt fix the problem 2) creates new problems, such as impersonating 3) makes no sense (what is or isnt alias? I have 4-5 NAMES that arent alias!) 4) goes against players' feel of freedom and basically displays you as a massive a-hole that likely cant do any other server related duties right

Problems exist and there are right and wrong solutions. You decided to go with the wrong "solution" that doesn't solve anything at all, and congratulations on being the first dumbass to actually fill serverlist with "no alias" servers rofl! First time I see that.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: New USA Servers - Postby TheWolf » 16 Nov 2014, 18:17

Hey ken, knock knock

No one cares and were sick of hearing your arguments

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: New USA Servers - Postby DaniSaggenza » 16 Nov 2014, 19:54

Sit Ken.

Btw, lets start ignoring him and lets focus on the real point of the topic, the server

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: New USA Servers - Postby anax » 16 Nov 2014, 19:56

Rifles aren't lame wtf, please elaborate that. All weapons can be epic depending on how you use them.

Also, nice to see that you admit aliasing, i won't say it's wrong and i also disagree with banning aliasing to an extent. Bot lol gg, Mr-im-leaving-dx-cause-it's-dead etc. plus 7 books about how Dani is noob when players like him, me and Hey are most active in the game.

And you went back to liking blade even though if i recall correctly you left THC because of him? Nice.

You're just full of contradictions.

Return to Deus Ex