Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP 2015

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby synthetic » 22 Nov 2014, 15:47

SR I assume you are talking about i3d? Renting a box isn't interesting so much for the amount of servers you can host, but primarily to ensure other game servers don't affect your primary's performance.

From THC pretty much all of their core members could play if they wanted to, maybe with the exception of Scarface who seems to be particularly occupied - but I don't really know for sure.
From A!B maybe half of their members could play if someone poked them saying the clan is playing.
HK is pretty much built on currently active players so there is no real issue with activity in this clan. I know Reclaimer doesn't really play, but his involvement in new generation HK isn't that big.
HVM is going to have some issues with activity because even at our peak we had problems setting up clan scrims. Clan is half-built on retired players not unlike A!B.
FGS has no leadership present in game so it's quite complicated to get their members to play. Not impossible, but complicated.
BB is active so they can manage their own activity, be it fury or whoever playing. If they don't kick phantom and fullnoob out of clan (if the latter even informally is in the clan) then they can't be taken seriously. Still, they are active in game.

I can't really see any even theoretical basis for involving more clans than listed here. All other clans are seriously dead, even if certain members might pop into the game. Anyone who has been even remotely interested in playing has already joined one of the mentioned clans.
Considering activity constraints, its unlikely that a new clan can form without damaging already existing clans on the scene, without turning clanwars into 2v2 matches. In the event that more players return or start game, that situation could possibly change. In this regard, community needs more clans not replace one tag with another while members are largely the same.

Last edited by synthetic on 22 Nov 2014, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2014, 15:58

So you think a box is not suitable for ATDM needs?

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby DaniSaggenza » 22 Nov 2014, 16:01

synthetic wrote:SR I assume you are talking about i3d? Renting a box isn't interesting so much for the amount of servers you can host, but primarily to ensure other game servers don't affect your primary's performance.

From THC pretty much all of their core members could play if they wanted to, maybe with the exception of Scarface who seems to be particularly occupied - but I don't really know for sure.
From A!B maybe half of their members could play if someone poked them saying the clan is playing.
HK is pretty much built on currently active players so there is no real issue with activity in this clan. I know Reclaimer doesn't really play, but his involvement in new generation HK isn't that big.
HVM is going to have some issues with activity because even at our peak we had problems setting up clan scrims. Clan is half-built on retired players not unlike A!B.
FGS has no leadership present in game so it's quite complicated to get their members to play. Not impossible, but complicated.
BB is active so they can manage their own activity, be it fury or whoever playing. If they don't kick phantom and fullnoob out of clan (if the latter even informally is in the clan) then they can't be taken seriously. Still, they are active in game.

I can't really see any even theoretical basis for involving more clans than listed here. All other clans are seriously dead, even if certain members might pop into the game. Anyone who has been even remotely interested in playing has already joined one of the mentioned clans.
Considering activity constraints, its unlikely that a new clan can form without damaging already existing clans on the scene, without turning clanwars into 2v2 matches. In the event that more players return or start game, that situation could possibly change. In this regard, community needs more clans not replace one tag with another while members are largely the same.

Dude Phantom has been kicked since a long time, thats why they are playing on their own server and decided to admin abuse, because we kicked them after Phantom abused the shell bug XD, Fullmoon never was BB.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby synthetic » 22 Nov 2014, 16:04

ShadowRunner wrote:So you think a box is not suitable for ATDM needs?

but primarily to ensure other game servers don't affect your primary's performance.

This means if you host ATDM or BTDM or whatever on a box it makes sure your server runs better and more consistently than on a shared box. How can I oppose the idea of a better server?

If you host several servers from your dedi box then performance would take some degree of hit from the mere fact that servers are running, but considering poor activity in the game they shouldn't really impact eachother due to actual activity. I mean, if you host 5 servers from your box its unlikely that 5 servers have players simultaneously, but even having our robust dx server process running is probably having some kind of effect. It is said that the game is a resource hog and some server providers are not fond of it for that reason already.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2014, 16:10

I would have liked to run ATDM, WW2, Hensha and SG but thanks for the info, those GD boys didn't tell me this, sounded like win-win.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby TheWolf » 22 Nov 2014, 17:25

synthetic wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:So you think a box is not suitable for ATDM needs?

but primarily to ensure other game servers don't affect your primary's performance.

This means if you host ATDM or BTDM or whatever on a box it makes sure your server runs better and more consistently than on a shared box. How can I oppose the idea of a better server?

If you host several servers from your dedi box then performance would take some degree of hit from the mere fact that servers are running, but considering poor activity in the game they shouldn't really impact eachother due to actual activity. I mean, if you host 5 servers from your box its unlikely that 5 servers have players simultaneously, but even having our robust dx server process running is probably having some kind of effect. It is said that the game is a resource hog and some server providers are not fond of it for that reason already.

I am running 3 on a 2 core system. They are not affecting each other right now even with players in both and the server can handle more

Ingame: Sev
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby synthetic » 22 Nov 2014, 19:33

ShadowRunner wrote:I would have liked to run ATDM, WW2, Hensha and SG but thanks for the info, those GD boys didn't tell me this, sounded like win-win.

Well, I am just saying, but to decide on something like that its best to just check the server cpu and ram and game performance yourself instead of just trusting some forum post. In essence ste always tried to get dedi box because normal servers have god knows how many other and more active game servers running.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP 2015 - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2014, 23:11

Really useful convo guy thanks. I would run HR fight maps with augs like ATDM for fun then and have a couple of custom servers.

Return to Deus Ex