Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Regarding Dani

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 04 Aug 2015, 14:38

We have an awful lot of people out there who talk trash.
An old proverb from Italia is applicable :
"La gelosia non permette mai di vedere le cose così come sono. I gelosi vedono il reale attraverso uno specchio che deforma che amplia i dettagli poco importanti, trasforma i nani in giganti ed i sospetti in verità." ;-)

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby machete » 04 Aug 2015, 15:59

anax wrote:
machete wrote:
synthetic wrote:Ah.. all kinds of flames and weird threads aside.. neither fun nor competition oriented server or forum generally lets all sorts of phantoms or darkos persist. With all sorts of danis that are bit harder to catch, it'll eventually still get resolved. I can post here to urine phantom or darko off, but reality is that all kinds of servers and forums should've banned both of them 3 (darko) to 7 (phantom and co) *years* ago. That is common sense. In DXMP.. there is deficit of that. In DXMP a person can happily cheat in public for 7 years, and nobody will really do anything about it. Thats our DXMP.

Personally, hardcore cheating warrants permanent ban (which is relative and therell always be new servers surfacing), whereas all sorts of darkoist philosophers likely deserve a much shorter test bans and can benefit from occasional banlist wipes. I am saying this while being fully aware that the chances of darko becoming lighto are next to none.. but this is how communities usually deal with it.

Funny you should mention Darko and Phantom in the same rant. Those two recently became unlikely friends. It's only a matter of time before we see Darko playing with a firerate like Phant's.

I'm one of the people who will happily play a round (or several) with Phant and not once complain about his cheap AR kills. The time for trying to clean up our act has long passed. We're too late. There's no point concerning ourselves with cheaters anymore. Knowing that the inevitable is, indeed, inevitable, I'd rather just play as many rounds as possible, even if they're unfair. Just enjoy it for what it is: a rigged game that gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you beat a cheat while playing fairly.

IDK man, I hear what you're saying, it can be fun to let cheaters play and beat them or otherwise let their hacks mess up.
But rules are rules and I'm talking about the generally accepted rules of all FPS games that prohibit cheating on the grounds of unfairly gained advantage over other players. This is one or more levels above unfair advantages gained from something at fault within the game itself such as EMP jumping to a place you're not supposed to reach.

Changing or relaxing the rules just because there are less players is an incredibly bad idea IMO and I actually think this is one of numerous things that gradually chewed away at DXMP's playerbase... It's no secret to anyone who's played for longer than, say, a year and has talked to older players (and has adequate brain capacity...) that tons of bugs and other faults could have been patched up years ago.

The work that Kai has been doing with input from myself and others, (could mention Alex in this as he introduced fps check to scoreboard) has shown that some of the playerbase simply did not care or put effort into improving the game when it still had more than a ballpark max of what? 25 players, give or take 5.
No doubt this is one of the causes of players leaving, I remember seeing a Skype log you showed of you and Dani when he was in cheating mode, you responded with somet like "solution to dx problems: just make it worse than it already is?"

If people work to FIX (what parts CAN be fixed) a clearly broken or otherwise clunky game then we move one step closer to a situation where we can play without worrying who is abusing bugs, who is abusing fps, or who's going to mess metabolic end product up with EditActor /Preferences??

Basically, among other things, we need the developers of ANNA etc. to get moving, to quote Manderly himself. :bwahaha:

I say I don't care about it but the irony is that I was the most strongly opposed to ever having Phant in our skype group in the first place because I don't like his cheating and his constant lying about cheating.

I'm just tired, mate. In 2016, DX will be nothing but the occasional pre-arranged match between 4 people (which is basically the stage we're at already). Cheating Phant is the only active 0 augger who offers me enough of a challenge to make games consistently enjoyable. If he goes, I'll end up playing even less. You know me, I'm not really interested in standing around having a chat. We have skype for that.

I'm still completely opposed to cheating in the abstract. On principle, it's unjustifiable to anyone who wants to play a fair game. But I can also see when I'm beaten. The pragmatic side of me that just wants to play some decent games has well and truly taken over.

It's sad that things have reached the point where I'm advocating immunity for cheaters but I don't think there's anything left to save. We passed the point of no return a long, long time ago. It doesn't matter if we have cheaters or not: the new players ain't coming. All we have to consider is the remaining community and maximising our enjoyment of the game in the time we have left. For this reason, I'm happy to let the community decide our collective stance on cheating even though I think we're wasting our time.

On a personal note, when someone who isn't normally as good as me cheats while playing against me, I don't mind much. As you might remember me saying, I was actually okay with the GEP guns that were in FGS 0A for a while. I continued to use rifles and suddenly even total newbies were a major threat. It was just another way of getting a good game. One of the main reasons I hate ATDM is the "winner's advantage" but I don't have as much of a problem when the loser has the advantage. It'd be selfish of me to try to force everyone else to accept cheating just because it makes the game more interesting for me though.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 04 Aug 2015, 16:48

machete wrote:
synthetic wrote:Ah.. all kinds of flames and weird threads aside.. neither fun nor competition oriented server or forum generally lets all sorts of phantoms or darkos persist. With all sorts of danis that are bit harder to catch, it'll eventually still get resolved. I can post here to urine phantom or darko off, but reality is that all kinds of servers and forums should've banned both of them 3 (darko) to 7 (phantom and co) *years* ago. That is common sense. In DXMP.. there is deficit of that. In DXMP a person can happily cheat in public for 7 years, and nobody will really do anything about it. Thats our DXMP.

Personally, hardcore cheating warrants permanent ban (which is relative and therell always be new servers surfacing), whereas all sorts of darkoist philosophers likely deserve a much shorter test bans and can benefit from occasional banlist wipes. I am saying this while being fully aware that the chances of darko becoming lighto are next to none.. but this is how communities usually deal with it.

Funny you should mention Darko and Phantom in the same rant. Those two recently became unlikely friends. It's only a matter of time before we see Darko playing with a firerate like Phant's.

I'm one of the people who will happily play a round (or several) with Phant and not once complain about his cheap AR kills. The time for trying to clean up our act has long passed. We're too late. There's no point concerning ourselves with cheaters anymore. Knowing that the inevitable is, indeed, inevitable, I'd rather just play as many rounds as possible, even if they're unfair. Just enjoy it for what it is: a rigged game that gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you beat a cheat while playing fairly.

Last year I would've disagreed with you, but this year.. have to agree with pretty much everything in the post.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 04 Aug 2015, 18:02

Ermac wrote:We have an awful lot of people out there who talk trash.
An old proverb from Italia is applicable :
"La gelosia non permette mai di vedere le cose così come sono. I gelosi vedono il reale attraverso uno specchio che deforma che amplia i dettagli poco importanti, trasforma i nani in giganti ed i sospetti in verità." ;-)

So you're accusing me of being jelly of your apparent "skills"
And that I see a reflection of you as a player where the most obvious aspect, your fps abuse, becomes magnified in perception. You're touching quote still paints you as the "suspect" and you are right! :-)

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 05 Aug 2015, 02:10

Considering years Phantom has played, he's cheated about 87% time of his playing career that we know of. Chances are that Mango (ermac) has spent even larger percentage of time cheating than Phantom, who played 1-2 years with no known knowledge of exploits. Making the random example assumption that mango never learned to cap fps, he could well have hit around 100% time cheating during his entire playing time, but thats a random guess. Reader of this post here can now calculate the approximate percentage of time hes cheated in DXMP and how it compares against our favorite dxer here.

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 05 Aug 2015, 19:39

synthetic wrote:Considering years Phantom has played, he's "always the same synthetic's bullshits" here.

posted by the most famous hater of the game.
Should i show up his topic "Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been busted)" ?

By the way, we all know that you are Th3 £ord's fan in denial :P xaxaxa

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 05 Aug 2015, 19:48

I told Chaos we should recruit a beginner called Phantom because he seemed serious about 0aug. I think even SovietGunPoint played better than Phantom at the time lol. I guess being in a clan with strong players hurt his gipsy ego and forced him to cheat. The 2 best 0augers in renegades never cheated in any serious games, ever. Only person that occasionally cheated in REN was an italian, and my friend. I only learned about it after I shut the clan down. He was probably 3rd strongest player in the clan.
You, my italian friend #2 or #5 or how many of you *loving* italians have been causing metabolic end product in this game - one asshat was in the new RTK as well, bloodsniper or something - have been cheating pretty much ever since you started this game! I had played this game something like 7 years at that point, mango-bongo. Dani at least used a bot which is harder to detect than your 3X-5X fire rate lol.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 05 Aug 2015, 22:02

Ermac wrote:we all know that you are Th3 £ord's fan in denial :P xaxaxa

Dedication to stylising his name in forum posts says more about where your nose will be.

Last edited by anax on 15 Mar 2016, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 05 Aug 2015, 22:06

[CJ] Circle.. youknowwhat.

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 05 Aug 2015, 22:51

anax wrote:Dedication to stylising ...?

Who is talking to you ?
If I need a ride sometime with a "Despicable Me's minion", I'll let you know :P

U already forgot how you prayed Th3 £ord during these last four months?
gg Dory :bwahaha:

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 06 Aug 2015, 05:38

I can hardly grasp most of what you're talking about tbh.
Your computer does half of the playing for you, right?

Last edited by anax on 15 Mar 2016, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2015, 08:49

There are 3 important elements that have pissed me off for the many years, and the fact how the other past server hosts have not realized this has just made it even more aggravating:

A. Personal experience - most of the players in 0augs cannot beat our top cheaters, some can - to some reliability. It is easy to see it as "oh I dont see a problem, I can beat him; or, "he can be a noob if he wants to, just makes for good practice". This is not only ignorant towards the majority that cannot beat the cheaters, but also completely ignores the following, even more important points.

B. New Player experience - New players want to check Deus Ex Multiplayer out, they come here, and find people shooting so much faster than normal gamespeed that even a beginner can figure it out. Not only won't they stand a chance, they'll "know" its not due to difference in skill. Our cheaters advertise our game.

C. Sportsmanship - then there is the small problem with.. cheaters having no logical place in *both* Competition and Fun oriented servers! Cheaters belong to cheat servers that are clearly labeled and warned to be such (old dxer used to host a cheat server where you'd get admin access at spawn for summoning, his server was appropriately named). Sportsmanship and Cheating do not belong in the same category, regardless of what parallels the cynics might find.

Seems pretty simple, right? Well, when I've gone and explained this to server admins like Blade and whoelse used to host servers, I'd get called a retard and whatnot! Makes me wonder if I am the idiot for missing something, or they are!
Even if DXMP is dead, you might want to consider these universal points in whatever other games you play online.

A common excuse I heard was that "oh, this game doesn't have enough players, lets let them play". Lot of people quit the game because of this cheating bs, and another lot never bothered to come back when they heard whats happening here. By "saving" dxmp and keeping well-known cheaters in their servers, they've only accomplished emptying all servers in the game. This point is still in effect, though. With 0-3 active players, returning players will be in for a very short return when they see cheaters playing, so depending whether you want to play dxmp or not, you may decide to ignore them or not. More you ignore them, less you get to play. Pretty simple like that.

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 06 Aug 2015, 21:40

anax wrote: have a place to do your speedwanking, although your computers do half of the playing for you, right?

With FrameRate Limit=70, i have yet around 230 fps in the game.
WTF ! i7 is better than redbull and the Kisscool double effect :D (don't ask me for the kentie's fix, i have lags with it and it doesn't work anyway :P)
Most of the time, i play with 30-40 fps and 150 ping.
The Alex's mod with the fps was so usefull for players like me, lord, full, ...

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 07 Aug 2015, 01:59

I don't know what drugs you're using or what crazy person is teaching the English classes where you live, but wtf are you talking about tbh.

Last edited by anax on 15 Mar 2016, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 07 Aug 2015, 11:23

u cannot understand since you don't have a i7. :roll:

ps : dxfix doesn't work :P

Return to Deus Ex