Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Regarding Dani

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 22 Jul 2015, 11:59

machete wrote:Why does he even need to switch assault to shotgun in 0A? Is he retarded? Ask him for me.

Indeed ...
It's pretty helpful to switch sniper to assault in close combat.

relax anax ! :wink:
It's no secret that at 120fps, the animation is 2 times faster than at 60 fps.
You should know that with a strong computer (i3, i5 or i7) the game is messing up at 75 fps.

and i don't care about darko :D

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 22 Jul 2015, 14:29

Ermac wrote:
machete wrote:Why does he even need to switch assault to shotgun in 0A? Is he retarded? Ask him for me.

Indeed ...
It's pretty helpful to switch sniper to assault in close combat.

relax anax ! :wink:
It's no secret that at 120fps, the animation is 2 times faster than at 60 fps.
You should know that with a strong computer (i3, i5 or i7) the game is messing up at 75 fps.

and i don't care about darko :D

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about tbh, sorry dude.

I'm no expert on computer graphics but I don't think having 120 frames per second necessarily means events ingame are 2X as fast as when playing at 60 fps Vsync.
There are other factors involved that can effect game performance and FPS isn't 100% the same thing as "speed"

I have an average laptop with core i3 default Intel graphics, Deus Ex does not break at 75 fps, or even at 140 fps, you're talking out of your arse!

Yeah it is good to switch from sniper to assualt gun, that's not news.
You need to be fast in your brain, not your computer, although a decent machine is a good thing. :-"

Last edited by anax on 23 Jul 2015, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 22 Jul 2015, 18:14

Darko, Phantom, and probably Mango too, you're all very confused and worried me and machete with this talk of Majin returning and teaching players how to hack frobbing. I talked to the player you numbnuts thought was him and he isn't...
Not my fault that even Phant is too dumb to tell the difference between "Deathdragon" and the alias used by Majin "Dark[4]Dragon" ](*,)

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Jul 2015, 19:16

Why is this topic not locked :-"

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 23 Jul 2015, 12:46

it should be, it went off topic 5 pages ago, now we're treating it like a spam 'n flame meetup.

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Ermac » 24 Jul 2015, 07:18

let me guess, the "retard" which the Lord was speaking about was you ? :bwahaha:

(By the way, 4 kills isn't so bad against him :D)

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 24 Jul 2015, 10:41

Last edited by anax on 15 Mar 2016, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 25 Jul 2015, 01:52

Developer fault etc. Nobody should hax him into permanent crate prison whenever he logs on.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 25 Jul 2015, 12:56

synthetic wrote:Developer fault etc. Nobody should hax him into permanent crate prison whenever he logs on.

Finally a suggestion that makes sense. :-D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Saroyen
BUG
BUG

Nationality:
France

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby Saroyen » 02 Aug 2015, 19:46

Do not prison Darko. He is a good man tthat wins on a fair fight every time. 8-)

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 02 Aug 2015, 20:12

Saroyen wrote:Do not prison Darko. He is a good man tthat wins on a fair fight every time. 8-)

lol

You know whats really funny, though? I have some 9 years worth of evidence of phantom cheating, and I don't think there is single normal player left in the game that by now doesn't realize that Phantom is a noob. If a cheater is playing in a server, its score is instantly invalid, its existence only serves the purpose of practice dummy awaiting to be banned. So simple logics that every chess player in particular understands, is that phantom is one big zero.

And the funny part? I have zero evidence that Darko ever cheated. Reasonable doubt, sure, but I cannot recall any moment where he's been 100% caught. And this means that - retarded or not - Darko is not necessarily a noob like Phantom is. Irony of life.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 02 Aug 2015, 22:17

I think Darko got some big eternal mind haxes.. :-k

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby synthetic » 03 Aug 2015, 00:50

Ah.. all kinds of flames and weird threads aside.. neither fun nor competition oriented server or forum generally lets all sorts of phantoms or darkos persist. With all sorts of danis that are bit harder to catch, it'll eventually still get resolved. I can post here to urine phantom or darko off, but reality is that all kinds of servers and forums should've banned both of them 3 (darko) to 7 (phantom and co) *years* ago. That is common sense. In DXMP.. there is deficit of that. In DXMP a person can happily cheat in public for 7 years, and nobody will really do anything about it. Thats our DXMP.

Personally, hardcore cheating warrants permanent ban (which is relative and therell always be new servers surfacing), whereas all sorts of darkoist philosophers likely deserve a much shorter test bans and can benefit from occasional banlist wipes. I am saying this while being fully aware that the chances of darko becoming lighto are next to none.. but this is how communities usually deal with it.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby machete » 03 Aug 2015, 17:22

synthetic wrote:Ah.. all kinds of flames and weird threads aside.. neither fun nor competition oriented server or forum generally lets all sorts of phantoms or darkos persist. With all sorts of danis that are bit harder to catch, it'll eventually still get resolved. I can post here to urine phantom or darko off, but reality is that all kinds of servers and forums should've banned both of them 3 (darko) to 7 (phantom and co) *years* ago. That is common sense. In DXMP.. there is deficit of that. In DXMP a person can happily cheat in public for 7 years, and nobody will really do anything about it. Thats our DXMP.

Personally, hardcore cheating warrants permanent ban (which is relative and therell always be new servers surfacing), whereas all sorts of darkoist philosophers likely deserve a much shorter test bans and can benefit from occasional banlist wipes. I am saying this while being fully aware that the chances of darko becoming lighto are next to none.. but this is how communities usually deal with it.

Funny you should mention Darko and Phantom in the same rant. Those two recently became unlikely friends. It's only a matter of time before we see Darko playing with a firerate like Phant's.

I'm one of the people who will happily play a round (or several) with Phant and not once complain about his cheap AR kills. The time for trying to clean up our act has long passed. We're too late. There's no point concerning ourselves with cheaters anymore. Knowing that the inevitable is, indeed, inevitable, I'd rather just play as many rounds as possible, even if they're unfair. Just enjoy it for what it is: a rigged game that gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you beat a cheat while playing fairly.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Regarding Dani - Postby anax » 03 Aug 2015, 19:24

machete wrote:
synthetic wrote:Ah.. all kinds of flames and weird threads aside.. neither fun nor competition oriented server or forum generally lets all sorts of phantoms or darkos persist. With all sorts of danis that are bit harder to catch, it'll eventually still get resolved. I can post here to urine phantom or darko off, but reality is that all kinds of servers and forums should've banned both of them 3 (darko) to 7 (phantom and co) *years* ago. That is common sense. In DXMP.. there is deficit of that. In DXMP a person can happily cheat in public for 7 years, and nobody will really do anything about it. Thats our DXMP.

Funny you should mention Darko and Phantom in the same rant. Those two recently became unlikely friends. It's only a matter of time before we see Darko playing with a firerate like Phant's.

I'm one of the people who will happily play a round (or several) with Phant and not once complain about his cheap AR kills. The time for trying to clean up our act has long passed. We're too late. There's no point concerning ourselves with cheaters anymore. Knowing that the inevitable is, indeed, inevitable, I'd rather just play as many rounds as possible, even if they're unfair. Just enjoy it for what it is: a rigged game that gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you beat a cheat while playing fairly.

IDK man, I hear what you're saying, it can be fun to let cheaters play and beat them or otherwise let their hacks mess up.
But rules are rules and I'm talking about the generally accepted rules of all FPS games that prohibit cheating on the grounds of unfairly gained advantage over other players. This is one or more levels above unfair advantages gained from something at fault within the game itself such as EMP jumping to a place you're not supposed to reach.

Changing or relaxing the rules just because there are less players is an incredibly bad idea IMO and I actually think this is one of numerous things that gradually chewed away at DXMP's playerbase... It's no secret to anyone who's played for longer than, say, a year and has talked to older players (and has adequate brain capacity...) that tons of bugs and other faults could have been patched up years ago.

The work that Kai has been doing with input from myself and others, (could mention Alex in this as he introduced fps check to scoreboard) has shown that some of the playerbase simply did not care or put effort into improving the game when it still had more than a ballpark max of what? 25 players, give or take 5.
No doubt this is one of the causes of players leaving, I remember seeing a Skype log you showed of you and Dani when he was in cheating mode, you responded with somet like "solution to dx problems: just make it worse than it already is?"

If people work to FIX (what parts CAN be fixed) a clearly broken or otherwise clunky game then we move one step closer to a situation where we can play without worrying who is abusing bugs, who is abusing fps, or who's going to mess metabolic end product up with EditActor /Preferences??

Basically, among other things, we need the developers of ANNA etc. to get moving, to quote Manderly himself. :bwahaha:

Return to Deus Ex