Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

new Masterserver

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Dec 2006, 17:40

Deja - with respect... You have not thought things through properly...

Jon wrote:Its not the mapping thats the problem, its the hosting and the feedback that we're suffering on

Took the words right out of my mouth...

My maps are half-decent and getting better because I am very democratic with the development of them. People have been mapping for seven years, why should there be any more maps... because I identify supply and demand. There is a demand for my style of mapping which is totally different from Jon's. There is a demand for Jon's and the DXMS style of map.

Not everyone wants to play stock maps, not everyone wants to play Augs.

Also I lose some respect when I see that you thought I and other people at FGS play 0-augs. The only 0-aug server I visited was DXMS and that was not for reason of 0-augs... but for reasons of seeing what mappers are doing and because sometimes it was the most populated server. I was playing AUGGED games on DXSG and DXAG up to 14 hours per day this summer... I would welcome full augs and ATDM on DXSG, especially on my DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter map...

It appears you are not listening.

To say that we can still use the SDK is pretty insulting and irritating, even if you are not a mapper, you should be able to realize Jon is correct.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 15 Dec 2006, 00:12

ShadowRunner wrote:It appears you are not listening.

i think you are not listening. who told you theres any uni involved in? thats just funny trully :/ who would be so stupid to do that? THERES NO UNI INVOLVED, SO STOP MAKING FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF WITH LACK OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE. if you dont believe me, go ask nobody, or dae.

before attacks, DXMS was the main server of 0auggers. im not attacking servers to take 0augers their enjoyment, i attack them to prevent new players from joining them and get them to know real dxmp and for what dxmp is worth to play (= unique are augs and skills, everything else you have in other games aswell).

if you wanna map so badly, start mapping augged maps and you will get your wished feedback. i like to play some custom augged maps aswell, dont get me wrong, im not like most of conservistic 0auggers playing only smuggler all over again. i like to play custom maps like smuggles, towers, smuggles2 even more than standard maps. and in my opinion there arent enough good custom augged maps.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Dec 2006, 04:31

Thanks for your reply...

who told you theres any uni involved in?

I read this on GODZ and A. Thats why i want to talk to you, clearly we are mistaken about each other somewhat. Your English is better than my Slovenian...but I read that the attacks come from a Uni with 100mb...

i attack them to prevent new players from joining them and get them to know real dxmp and for what dxmp is worth to play (= unique are augs and skills, everything else you have in other games aswell).

My gf is about to start playing DX regularly, yes she's cool as hell...she wants to start with 0-aug. Augs are just too complicated for someone like her who has only ever played CS... She played augs and got spwnkilled, LAW'ed by Spaz, Plasma'd by Sike and teamkilled by idiots with gep. It is up to auggers too, to give a good and fair game. On 0-aug she got kills and enjoyment. Finally it is up to you to realize that "real dxmp" is variety and a matter of choice and opinion. IMO real DXMP in 2007 is about DXAG, DXSG and wherever else the mappers and modders will take the game in the future. I think you should realize the value of Nobody and DXSG.

I think your argument is flawed because all new players are going to explore the single player version and learn augs through single play.

if you wanna map so badly, start mapping augged maps and you will get your wished feedback. i like to play some custom augged maps aswell, dont get me wrong, im not like most of conservistic 0auggers playing only smuggler all over again. i like to play custom maps like smuggles, towers, smuggles2 even more than standard maps. and in my opinion there arent enough good custom augged maps.

Don't get me wrong I never enjoyed Gamesmajor myself, too much teamkilling and abuse of new players from more experienced players.
BUT you don't make a fool of yourself either Deja, if you take the time to see maps I already have made, you will see that some of them were clearly designed with augs in mind. In fact most of my maps have been designed with several gametypes in mind.

My latest map DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter in fact would be far far too big, without augs...Escape from New York was a map I made in less than six hours and has lots of errors, one of my first maps, but you will notice that parts of the map are totally inaccessible without augs.

Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 04 Jan 2007, 19:53

How do you host on bother masterservers?
Anyone?

Return to Deus Ex