Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

The Showdown

Author

Re: The Showdown - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 14 Jan 2016, 21:37

synthetic wrote:Serious cheaters are the worst curse to befall a gaming community, most of the cheaters don't bother playing longer than 2 weeks - to - 2 months. While the time they spend in game cheating is just as frustrating - if not more so - we are at least relieved of them quite soon after. I don't think Papparoach played longer than couple months at a time, either, neither did Lionheart or Mainman. They cheat for lulz and bugger off. But then we have people who genuinely seem to think that this is a normal way to play :S I think only suitable patch for this bug is euthanasia. Such a degree of misconduct implies severe issues with the player, not the sport.

As far as all sorts of philosophical aspects of the past issues go, think of it like this: doing nothing at all amounts to acting in support of such behaviour; believing to stand as a neutral party while in power to make any kind of change, no matter how small, is a self delusion.

man cheaters suck

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: The Showdown - Postby Ermac » 23 Feb 2016, 00:16

synthetic wrote:Nothing seemed to be happening so I didn't check dx, I'll play next christmas :-"

Ermac wrote:Same here.
In the server Sunny Side i guess ... :?

It seems i was mistaken.

RIP Sunny Side

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: The Showdown - Postby Alexander » 23 Feb 2016, 12:20

Actually, Sunny Side is still up, but unfortunately it's not linked to the new IP of the masterserver, because the score type is set to frags instead of time.

I just did a round against myself (yeah, I won!), and made sure the map reloaded so the server was connected to the masterserver again. So it's on the list again!

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: The Showdown - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 23 Feb 2016, 17:18

Rofl.... gg :bwahaha:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: The Showdown - Postby Ermac » 23 Feb 2016, 18:52

Whew :]

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: The Showdown - Postby synthetic » 10 Apr 2016, 16:23

I'll probably look into setting up some scrims over the summer for classic dxmp players, games set up much in the vein of how da terminator and dcsb used to host, ie no cheating or excess bs. Maybe I can coordinate it with Anax since I haven't had any contact with the community for around two years. There'll be classic maps and the very few (3-4?) actually decent custom maps. Im not certain right now whether names associated with phantom will be outright banned from entry or whether we'll simply keep an eye on them.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Showdown - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Apr 2016, 22:07

No point in banning anyone given the few players left, ban cheaters and abusers as it happens. Will be around for the games though.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: The Showdown - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Apr 2016, 17:42

I thought literally the same. :D
There is no audience for the Phantom-vendetta anymore.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: The Showdown - Postby synthetic » 13 Apr 2016, 05:57

What vendetta? I miss the game but if I already know upfront that half of the server will be filled with cheating noobs then somehow the idea stops being interesting.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: The Showdown - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 13 Apr 2016, 18:08

I don't question your opinion or facts or anti-facts or whatever but come on..

synthetic wrote:you'd have to divide the number by 4 or 5 already: 0augers, atdm old farts, altfire, some niche mod and funserver fans, phantom's lemonparty server fanbase.

synthetic wrote:I welcome anyone to upload funny videos of phantom cheating.

synthetic wrote:Mango youre a well known cheater and phantom's side kick

synthetic wrote:Im pretty certain it was phantom or at least one of his cultists

synthetic wrote:If phantom comes into your server when you are having a game, youre not gonna stay in server.

synthetic wrote:Phantom being top candidate for outright ban

synthetic wrote:nah, i sorta recall seeing phantom there

synthetic wrote:Considering years Phantom has played, he's cheated about 87% time of his playing career that we know of

synthetic wrote:I have some 9 years worth of evidence of phantom cheating

synthetic wrote:I'd appreciate if admins cleaned the thread of any posts where Phantom's minions start launching verbal attacks against me again

synthetic wrote:Someone who willingly supports and defends Phantom has certainly their actions speaking loud and clear for themselves.

synthetic wrote:Serious cheaters (ie Phantom) use smaller fps values ~200.

synthetic wrote:Unban Phantom? Never.

And so on and so on..

At least 10% of all your posts on this board are related to phantom.
That's kind of obsessive, isn't it? 8-[

Apart of that, I agree, servers full of cheating noobs are unsuitable for a proper match.
Those need some purge with superrockets and neutron bombs. :D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: The Showdown - Postby Ermac » 13 Apr 2016, 22:02

synthetic wrote:I'll probably look into setting up some scrims over the summer for classic dxmp players, games set up much in the vein of how da terminator and dcsb used to host, ie no cheating or excess bs.

I will be around for the game too.

A player in deus ex isn't only an alias.
It is a style too which can be easily recognizable.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: The Showdown - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 14 Apr 2016, 19:29

Ermac wrote:A player in deus ex isn't only an alias.
It is a style too which can be easily recognizable.

wtf does that even mean

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: The Showdown - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 14 Apr 2016, 19:31

I think what he tried to say is that you can't just recognize a player by the name but also by the way the player is acting. :-k

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: The Showdown - Postby synthetic » 15 Apr 2016, 05:48

Well if he means nobody is anonymous in dxmp because of playing style, then I certainly agree - although sometimes some 2 or 3 players can have surprisingly similar styles that can throw you off.

As for me mentioning a certain player over the years: I think that in order to understand the implications you would have had to maintain a closer connection with the active community past many years. If a certain name actively encourages, trains, and backs common cheating rubble in the game to a point where they (over the years) actually begin to outnumber normal players(!) then how can you blame me for starting server quality control with that very name? You Nobody are the kind of person who I would like to hope understands quite well how games and game engines work, what breach of conduct and rules means, and what implications neglecting such trends will have. This is no different from you applying for a position after finishing your degree, only to find out that someone who google-stitched his paper got the job.

edit: a quick look at the quotes you posted also makes it evident that you've either missed or omitted the context of many of the posts that you probably keyword searched. You put me into a position where I have to - and have had to for years - defend my views that googling your science papers isnt okay, whereas rest of the active posters complain that you either have to go with the times, or that its okay if its not detected, or that the subject is so interesting it somehow deserves more spotlight and thus justifies the act of misconduct. Some hopefully easier to grasp analogues for you, if the gaming terms are really that vague.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Showdown - Postby anax » 19 Apr 2016, 23:28

synthetic wrote:I'll probably look into setting up some scrims over the summer for classic dxmp players, games set up much in the vein of how da terminator and dcsb used to host, ie no cheating or excess bs. Maybe I can coordinate it with Anax since I haven't had any contact with the community for around two years. There'll be classic maps and the very few (3-4?) actually decent custom maps. Im not certain right now whether names associated with phantom will be outright banned from entry or whether we'll simply keep an eye on them.

Ah didn't see this, i stopped bothering to peek at forums and I cancelled all my servers recently, if enough players want this to happen then I might, you know my Skype I think, if not then it's Zyme Dealer, maybe we can discuss something.
ATDM group, facecrap dxmp group, and here seem like the only places to announce anything beyond word of mouth and you'd have the best audience of older players to choose from, I don't think I can get Hey or Ricci to jump in, _maybe_ ricci if he knows he'll be off work.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!

Return to Deus Ex