Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

GEP IS A NOOB GUN!!!

Author
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

GEP IS A NOOB GUN!!! - Postby Kothar » 28 Jun 2006, 05:07

i have been wanting to make a point that is is a noob gun aug or no aug

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Jun 2006, 05:15

well I WOULD call you a noob who dont ever heard of ADS + ENERGY, that even offers some protection against law....

sometimes you can stand there and look vulnerable and see the look of the surprise on their face when they explode themselves...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 28 Jun 2006, 05:27

yes that is true but i am talking about useing the gun in augged servers yes u can use gep but if you know the enemy has ads then y use it in the first place? in non auged servers it is a noob one shot one kill gun with no skill involved except following a target long enough to get locked on...

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Jun 2006, 05:32

Aug servers - well I went to stargate and shot a few people with gep, but only the dumbest did not switch to ads+energy...vice versa too...And biocells only last for a short time, with ads and energy it is noisy, just wait till he turns off or runs out of juice, then blast away, he's dead...
People don't always use ads do they? most people will use it for a while, until ppl stop using gep and then they will replace the aug, so during the last five minutes of a battle, you can start using gep again...

Gep is not a noob wep?

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 28 Jun 2006, 06:07

ok so what skill does it take to target someone and press the fire button knowing the rocket will follow till he dies? none thats what skills it takes as far as ags it is noob to even try it in an aug server because of the fact that they may have ads and if he doesn't it is exactly as if it were not an augged server so it is still noob...

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 28 Jun 2006, 06:08

In most non-augged servers it is a noob gun. I say most because Set has modified it in his server to be balanced in a non-aug game and actually takes skill to use. In an augged game however, it is never a noob weapon. Most players who are well-versed in augs will tell you that at the start of a match or after you respawn it is the best way to gain the final skill point for your primary weapon group, and can get your next set of augs, which are the most crucial after your first ones, and once you have them you actually become a competitor in the match rather than cannon fodder. If you use GEP after that you may be considered a noob, but at that point you're going to have a much harder time killing people, since they'll probably have all their defensive augs at that point. So in conclusion:

Augs-Not noob weapon
Non-augs- Most of the time a noob weapon

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Jun 2006, 06:15

So Kami, what you are saying is....it is OK to use gep to obtain the crucial next augs...and then stay alive...but nooby to make gep a wep of choice?

Also I heard that about Set's mod b4, is there somewhere we can read about that balance?

I am inclined to agree on your verdict, but still on Stargate and other servers there are some people standing behind you when u spwn with a gep and giving you no chance at all, you didnt know they were there even. I say you are right in theory, in a proper aug game, but very few noobs understand augs and just spwngep away...in some games, accounting for 50% or more of their kills...the rest gep the gate etc...

[CG]SilverKnight
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby [CG]SilverKnight » 28 Jun 2006, 07:22

My views on the gep are as follows:

Doesn't belong in no-aug. Hands down. Especially considering most no-aug servers start you with maximum skills, which means a ridiculously low lockon time with no aug defense.

In augs, the GEP falls into the category of tactical weapon. It can be completely nullified by one augmentation, so your opponent has to change their aug lineup or find another defense against it. Whining is no excuse: I frequently play a heavy weapons/targeting setup, and you should hear the bitching from the people who start with speed and ballistic/cloak, and get picked off by .25 second lockon geps or my plasma rifle. Its not that hard to change your augs.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Jun 2006, 11:49

or change your weps...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 28 Jun 2006, 14:59

that is the thing tho... ads is a compleat waste of an aug because it defends u from a noob wepif people would just not be a noob and use bulets and kill with skill then there would be no need for the aug my point here is that if all u have to do is target someone for about a second and shoot u r not useing skill you r useing a cheap weapon you can call it "Tactical" or what ever you want but that does not change the fact that it requires no skill

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 28 Jun 2006, 15:21

I don't use ADS, nor do I use heavies in augs.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
synthetic

- Postby synthetic » 28 Jun 2006, 15:30

Magus wrote:I don't use ADS, nor do I use heavies in augs.

im sure you dont use speed, ballistic and cloak in augs either, or rifles and lowtech in that matter.. but you can still kick ass, cant you. especially against someone who uses cloak/HE20 throughout whole game.

a GEP gun is antitank weapon, ment for destroying anything solid yet breakable. The use of GEP against NPCs or humans is somewhat cheap yet extremely effective, why punch someone in the face when you can just blow him to *loving* pieces. Sadly our augmented friends are well equipped against such weapon which makes it quite balanced in augmented game where as 0aug game with gep can easily be called gep-game and gets rather homosexual.

noobs like GEP due to its power without knowing about the ADS, yet the more powerful the weapon the better the results.

if you try killing people with combat knife in 0augs and keep calling everybody who kill you with rifles noobs then it seems like you are the noob as you havent picked a good weapon. if you get killed by a noob its either because he isnt quite that noob or you are even bigger noob than the noob that killed you noob ass. lot of noobs in my sentence.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Jun 2006, 15:35

a GEP gun is antitank weapon, ment for destroying anything solid yet breakable

Dude, took the words from my mouth. I carry one on stargate but rarely use it against humans, it is for bombardment of objectives before I enter the room which may be lammed.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 28 Jun 2006, 15:36

no i never said that rifles were noob weapons nor did i say low-tech weps were noob but i highly respect anyone who can own me with a combat knife but if i get owned because a rocket is circling around my head then he is a noob because as i said call it a tactical wep all you want it still is a no-skill kill

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 28 Jun 2006, 15:47

Nothing wrong with lowtech - I always carry a DTS for when I've no ammo.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Return to Deus Ex