Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DejaVu Loves You

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 02 Jul 2006, 20:07

Let me explain it better ShadowRunner, Deus Ex has burned me out on mapping. Mapping is something that I love to do, but becuase I can't run a server and a few other problems, i'm just starting to lose intrest... I just need to refind my inspiration.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jul 2006, 02:17

Kamikaze wrote:
The best storytellers and directors are usually 70 years old.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. I mean, how old was Akira Kurosawa when he directed Seven Samurai? He couldn't be over 30. Then you look at his final great movie, Ran, and it is nowehre near the quality of Seven Samurai. Francis Ford Coppola is another example. In the 70's he directed his most wellpknown movies, The Godfather, Parts I and II, and Apocolypse Now. Then take a look at his later movies. Nowhere near the quality of his earlier movies. I don't know why I posted this, but here it is.

I get your point, but Kurosawa is a bad example, that story is 400 years old and written by someone else.

It's a saying in hollywood, that's all, kind of a joke with some meaning used by ppl like MGM to reject hopeful young directors, OK let's say 30 yrs old. Life experience is necessary for storytelling, that's my point...

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 05 Jul 2006, 18:11

Elemental wrote:Let me explain it better ShadowRunner, Deus Ex has burned me out on mapping. Mapping is something that I *XXX* to do, but becuase I can't run a server and a few other problems, i'm just starting to lose intrest... I just need to refind my inspiration.

if you ever need somewhere to go, DXMS will help. I'll help.

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 09 Jul 2006, 02:03

Thanks, but no thanks..... me and DXMS have to many different views on mapping.... besides..... I already have planned what i'm going to do.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ

Return to Deus Ex