Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

I've never seen this before...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

I've never seen this before... - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jul 2006, 01:08

Had my firewall for one year, updated very recently...never seen a red or orange warning before. Got 5 red and 1 orange warnings today.

12.29.18 AM 7/2/2006, 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 have caused this warning, same week I publish evidence/testimony that Smook/Deja are possibly involved in Ddossing and Alex in hacking...the fact I never seen this until 24 hours after I suggest Alex hacks...makes me nervous.

Coincidence? If so, then who the hell is hacking me and freezing my comp? I didnt get the other IP's, addresses start with the name "Net Bios" and "ICMP", Orange warning said something about ping...

When I get the warnings my firewall freezes, I sometimes can still browse the forum that is open, but if I screenshot the warning and open photshop, my computer totally freezes and has to be rebooted. Happened like 6 times today...very time consuming and annoying.

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 02 Jul 2006, 02:51

Are you sure you just didn't pick up a virus somewhere?

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 02 Jul 2006, 03:27

To me it sounds like a virus.... I recently found one, as well as another guy i know... I would do a scan just to make sure... especially before making a claim that somebody may be hacking u... thats where problems start. but hopefully it's just a virus, because at least that can be stopped. But if your pc doesn't have one, then you can start to worry

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jul 2006, 17:21

This is someone messing with my router...not a virus.

Obviously I am not going to divulge my AV methods, but I'm fairly sure this someone messing with my router.

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 02 Jul 2006, 19:24

Well, like they were saying over on the [A] forums, the 192.168.etc. ones originate in your house. That's why you access your router to open ports using that number.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 04 Jul 2006, 13:29

Yea, 192.168.x.x refers to addresses on a LAN, so somewhere in your network is someone trying to access your computer.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 04 Jul 2006, 13:56

Hmm..I don't know a lot about computers and stuff but it seems to me that someone wants to either destroy the documents or to just get you out of DX by hacking.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jul 2006, 14:08

Elemental says now, I didnt ever lie, but I though he said a hacker has changed the doc BEFORE he sent it to me...but he says no it must have been done by a hacker on my pc. or by someone i sent it to, but i felt unlikely...

to be honest I'm tired of this crap, it seems it has started a poll about me to leave FGS...

no printable comment...

Perhaps my flatmate's iBook wants me out of DX and FGS too... I saw terminator, I can believe anything and nothing after the last two weeks...

Well I will try to use my old ibook g3 for the net...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 04 Jul 2006, 14:24

ShadowRunner wrote:Elemental says now, I didnt ever lie, but I though he said a hacker has changed the doc BEFORE he sent it to me...but he says no it must have been done by a hacker on my pc. or by someone i sent it to, but i felt unlikely...

to be honest I'm tired of this crap, it seems it has started a poll about me to leave FGS...

no printable comment...

The only theory that I have is this: I sent him a document.. somebody may have gained full access to his pc maybe out of spite or something, Saw the document, and altered parts of it..... I'm going to read it to find out just what was changed. But I do know one thing, i'm going to have to put a lot of feeling s behind me if i'm going to figure out who is doing this....... especially since somebody is trying to send me viruses somehow :twisted:

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jul 2006, 14:48

perhaps document corrupted when pasted from txt into MSWord, as previously suggested?

I would not try anymore "investigations", is it worth the risk? Live a quiet life and no-one will feel the need to harm your computer?

m45t3rs4d0w8

- Postby m45t3rs4d0w8 » 06 Jul 2006, 02:31

Nothing like doing naughty things to yourself.

Return to Deus Ex