Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

LMAO banned

Author
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

LMAO banned - Postby Majestic » 04 Aug 2006, 19:33

Because of teamkilling, I guess. There was this guy who was walking into my energy balls whenever I fired one..I kill him with an energy ball and I kill a rat. And I get banned. Please fix this, it's rediculous. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 04 Aug 2006, 19:44

I'm not entirely sure that this mutator is all its crasked up to be... There are so many complaints

Toss7

- Postby Toss7 » 04 Aug 2006, 20:29

well it is stupid but tis only a temp ban so who cares :)

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 05 Aug 2006, 14:19

... you can kill animals without a ban ...

pi/100*1337=42
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Aug 2006, 12:40

Hang on a minute. Ppl are still getting temp bans? I thought u just die now, if you fire at a team-mate.

Temp banning or kicking for the rest of the game is standard in CS and CZ games, which have over a million players. Innocent ppl do get temp banned, but developing player skills includes learning to avoid crazy team-mates and improve your aim, so that you dont shoot your team, or your team runs into your fire. kind of like a real battle.

I was temp banned twice, because some goon ran into my bullets, possibly deliberately, but for me, it's a small price to pay if I can no longer be killed or wounded in spwnrooms by my own team and no longer shot in the back by my team during melee with the enemy. I dont have a problem with it. Also I think many of these complaints are really because it came as a surprise.There is no warning screen on game start, players may think they have been banned for longer than a game etc...

A warning message would be cool. "BTW dont shoot your team or you miss a game hehe..." that kind of thing hehe...

IchoTolot wrote: ...you can kill animals without a ban...

Yes...and the enemy...

synthetic

- Postby synthetic » 07 Aug 2006, 13:44

i can imagine how people would try to get in the way and die with this mutator. there are certain people in this community who suck and gaming and wish to make it unpleasant for others aswell. Im talking about people who alias under regular players names and teamkill as much as possible. when they see admin log in or admin in scoreboard (with new mtl) they use a bind to leave server. It is only logical to assume that these "dedicated" teamkillers in a server with such mutator will get You banned and a lot others and the result will be much more devastating than without the mutator, since there will be a lot of banned people >.<. If you change the mutator to kill the teamkiller it wont bother them much either. Only if it will kick the player after each teamkill perhaps it can reduce the amount of teamkills. Seeing how one can make a bind that connects to server from main screen (where you get kicked to) there will still be enough morons to go around.

Fact is though that getting You to kill the 'used-to-be' teamkiller is far harder, at least/especially in standard 0augs.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 08 Aug 2006, 17:48

some son of a bitch called da bomb teamkilled me and i was banned for it! WTF!?!!?!?!?!?!

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
IchoTolot
invisible in background

- Postby IchoTolot » 08 Aug 2006, 21:44

2 versions:

first Version --- its a bug

second Version --- he said you killed him and he made revange -> you kill him with you Explosion (your dead) the 2nd time -> ban

pi/100*1337=42
Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 09 Aug 2006, 04:15

hmmm he said i killed him? well that is not possible unless my sister messed with my comp because i was taking out the garbage and i came back i respawned because i was killed while i was away next thing i know i am being shot at by him... and for the record i never teamkill, unless i just really dislike the person and in that case i switch...

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
Daedalus
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby Daedalus » 09 Aug 2006, 10:34

First of all, I agree with ShadowRunner. The idea of temporary banning has been inspired by playing Counter Strike Source online and it works.

What about morons who only do teamkilling: just let him kill you a few times and he will get banned. Don't forget that there is a back damage features which seriously hurts team killer everytime he kills a team mate.

There is also another strategy of using the mutator: to configure it in the way, so back damage = damage team killer made * 1.5 or 2.

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 09 Aug 2006, 14:07

We could simply work from the damage mirroring and completely disable teamkilling bans - the mirror damage would have to be tested and tweaked to a suitable amount, but it should be as effective as the teamkill ban

IchoTolot
invisible in background

- Postby IchoTolot » 09 Aug 2006, 22:30

pi/100*1337=42

Return to Deus Ex