Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Thread at Gamespy about Illegal activity by Deja

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Thread at Gamespy about Illegal activity by Deja - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Feb 2007, 17:34

http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy/topi ... id=2026018

For those of you who aren't going to add to my petition, you can read it here.

Edited by [FGS]Shadowrunner on Feb 21 2007 7:31AM (2 times)

Dear Gaming Friends,

I am 38 years old, a well-known photographer in the UK media. The only game I play regularly is Deus Ex. I map for Deus Ex too and also have been involved more recently in one of the high-level mods called Deus Ex Stargate, mapping a nuked version of Area 51 for the Stargate mod.

There is a war started by augmented players against players who prefer to fight as humans (0-augs). It is important to note that in Deus Ex, the single player is offered various choices, augmented combat, peaceful means, or non-lethal combat, or augmented non-lethal combat. It is a rare and extremely intelligent game, in which you may be a superwarrior, superman, covert spy or simply not kill anyone.EDIT i.e The Gamemakers intended the player to choose whether to be an augmented freak superwarrior to be as human as possible and not kill anyone.

The auggers have started taking things out of the game and into real life by hacking, d-dossing, using botnets and committing various criminal offences to remove 0-aug servers and establish Augmented Deus Ex as the only available online experience, thus rendering it useless to use the SDK and make maps or mods.

Gamespy itself is now under attack, at the direction of a player known as DejaVu, originating from Slovenia, although his Botnet shows IP's in Canada and all over the world.

DejaVu is using computers to tell Gamespy's MasterServer that a particular server is non-existent, when in fact the victim is in fact paying 200 Euros or more per month to run his clans servers. He is killing the game very quickly, very few people now play DX. He is also preventing artists from showing their work, mods, maps etc...basically his computers are lying to gamespy's computers and it is a criminal offence which we Deus Ex mappers and modders wish to be addressed immediately by Gamespy.

We wish Gamespy to be aware of DejaVu and what he is doing to Gamespy Master Server List and what he is doing to DX and what criminal methods he is employing such as D-dos, hacking, Botnets and more...

please if you love humanity, Deus Ex and mapping and modding, take the time to check out how Gamespy is being affected by Deja Vu...

dxalpha.com
gravity-world.com

Unfortunately I am not a computer expert, I can not explain how DejaVu is committing a criminal offence against Gamespy or Deus Ex players, but people in Alpha clan or Alpha forums, or my clan leaders perhaps will be able to explain more fully. We wish Deus Ex to remain free, available to any mapper or modder. EDIT: Thx Imp, "Deja's contact is sending false heartbeats to the server conving the masterserver that certain servers are offline and so that's why they don't show up on the ms. Basically they are unlisting servers."

"Fgs servers individual ip was targeted, that is important, another illegal activity."

I do not wish to bombard you with 400 similar posts, but at least 80% Majority of players did not sanction the attacks OUT-game in REAL LIFE against ppls computers and servers and modding projects...they would repeat what I am saying, We want to play Stargate, we want to play Arc Genus, we want to play 0-aug and aug in the same day... DejaVu is selfishly and criminally using Gamespy behind their backs, fooling you and your computers, to prevent creativity and development of DX and to discriminate and dictate selection and availability of clans, players, maps, servers, mods. etc...

Check out my clan's site:

http://www.gravity-world.com

Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 21 Feb 2007, 17:52

If you can send that as a ticket it would be great.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 22 Feb 2007, 04:11

N I C E (haha censor that!!!!)

$10 says that Icho will or already has

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!

Return to Deus Ex