Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

VOTE FOR WHICH WEAPONS FOR FGS SERVER!

Poll: "What weps would you have on server?"
Its fine, leave the weapons as they are, just add minigun, special rifle and sabot launcher
62%
Remove beretta
10%
remove pulse
No votes
remove autoshotgun
5%
remove another weapon/s - please say which and why
5%
remove beretta and pulse and autoshotgun
5%
remove pulse and autoshotgun
No votes
remove beretta and pulse
5%
Another option, please state...
No votes
Bring back gravity rifle u illegitimate child...
10%

Total votes : 21

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

VOTE FOR WHICH WEAPONS FOR FGS SERVER! - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Apr 2008, 03:01

I don't vote yet, I save my vote in case we need a casting vote...

OK here is current data on server weapons...

Current Weps:
Shock Rifle
Vac Rifle
AutoShotgun
Enforcer
EMP Prod
Pulse Rifle
Blade Launcher
Beretta

Weapons which will definitely will be added:
Minigun/Gatling Gun
Special Assault Rifle (fires 7.62 and 30.06)
Sabot Rifle (fires sabot buckshot or sabot shells)

Weapons which have received complaints:
Beretta - overpowered and reducing skills with other weps...
Pulse Rifle - 100 damage is too spicy for some ppl...
Auto Shotgun - appears to lag and secondary mode is so good, that ppl have accused altfire users of cheating etc...
I notice no-one is complaining about EMP prod or noob rifle...or blades since friendly fire is off...

Weapons which are considered too dangerous for the server already:
Devastator - on account that in altfire mode, it kills everything in a 5124 radius and leaves a seriously lethal belt of radiation and electrical abnormalities.
Gravity Rifle - on account that you noobs wallshot me too often and thus forced the removal of a truly beautiful climbing tool and tech goggles, and on account of Predator mode buggin with other tnag weps.
Raildriver - a superweapon that shoots through 11 walls... enough said?

OK SO VOTE NOW WHAT WEPS DO U WANT ON SERVER... and if u say normal weps, or can of beans, or CS mod, or tactical mod, or DTS and pepper spray only, that's fine... we respect all opinions...

Server will always be altfire, but we are looking at second server and also having aug sessions with tactical etc...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 16 Apr 2008, 04:03

I've been looking through the list of weps on the tnag and was wandering about the weapon called Automatic Sniper Rifle. anyone know about it?

The two weapons that stick out for me is the beretta and to a lesser extent the pulse rifle, I think the automatic shotgun is okay.

Seeing as you are looking to add the assault rifle special, I guess you could do away with the pulse rifle, but I'm more concered with the beretta, it seems to be the only gun whose looks and properties have not only remained the same as the original gun, but also has been enhanced through higher rate of fire, I want to see custom weapons not enhanced dx weapons.

That's my thoughts, looking forward to what you guys think.

anihex
aniwho?...
aniwho?...

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby anihex » 16 Apr 2008, 06:22

Beretta - I don't see a problem with the beretta. Sure it can kill fast even if you just hit torso, but the range isn't that high.

Pulese and Blade Luncher - As long you want to keep Smuggler, I think it should be removed. Smuggler and some other maps are - so think I - to small for those.

Automatic Shotgun - Like the Beretta, I don't see this as problem.

chin.democ. wrote:I want to see custom weapons not enhanced dx weapons.
Well, Beretta, Automatic Shotgun and Special Assault Rifle are modified standart DX weapons. If we would remove Berreta because of it's just a modified standart DX weapon, we would have to remove the Automaic Shotgun and couldn't add the Assault Rifle Special.

That's just my opinion of course.

Greetz
anihex

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 16 Apr 2008, 08:17

I think it's fine as it is.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

- Postby Khaamilus » 16 Apr 2008, 10:27

I think Shock Rifle should be removed, this weapon is too powerfull, one shot and you are dead ... thats crazy and unfair ... for someone who have no skills, the same relate to beretta and pulse gun, if you have been killed with this weapons you are free to take it next time and show everyone who is the better.

Just add more weapons please!

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 16 Apr 2008, 12:17

REMOVE SHOCK RIFLE? ARE YOU CRAZY? the shockrifle is the main weapon in altfire, without it it just wouldn't be altfire. and it does the same amount of damage as a sniper... (two hits are needed on torso, only one on head)
as the rest of the weapons are concerned, i don't have a problem with any.
beretta is powerful, but so is pulsegun. it's just a lot easier to aim with beretta at some one in midair, whilst it is harder (not to say impossible) to hit some one in midair with the pulse. but then again the pulse has a much larger range than the beretta... so it's ideal to keep ppl inside the spawnroom while your team mates are rushing to it :D (yes yes i know spawnkilling is prohibited but sometimes it's just so much fun and i've seen FGS do it to so...).

But there is something i would love to see on altfire: (or another server but still with tnag weapons) some tactical maps (could be they're already on the server, but i haven't played them then). with that i mean: hold the base, capture the flag, but especially hold the base. i had a vision in my head of a small castle map on a hill with a forest around it. two spawnrooms, one in castle, one in forest. one team (let's say unatco) automaticaly spawns in the castle and the other team spawns in other spawnroom. mission: conquer and hold the base (how to conquer the base: pull 4 switches in every wing of the castle). once the four switches are pulled, the colour of the flag on top changes (or something like that, you know just something to let ppl know who controls the fort) and (don't know if it's possible) the spawnrooms automaticaly change (i mean unatco spawns in forest etc.). it would be cool if there were some tunnels at the bottom of the hill so you can sneek into the castle.

again i don't know if it's possible. if i could map i would try it myself but tbh i don't have the time to learn how to map atm (i've already installed sdk but that's somethin for during the holidays :) ) so i'm posting my idea here cause FGS has some of the best mappers around.

i don't know if this is an appealing idea or not, but if any of you mappers is interested you can take the idea, i won't say afterwards: YOU STOLE MY MAP! :lol:. so that's all i have to say...

ty for reading

Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

- Postby Khaamilus » 16 Apr 2008, 13:18

Sorry for my ironic post up there!
Valgothy, you didnt understand what I want to say. For me it doesnt matter how powerfull is any weapon when everyone is free to take it and use it.
Shock rifle is the same powerfull like pulse gun or beretta or even more. I dont see any problem. :?

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 16 Apr 2008, 13:27

o soz for that :-D

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

- Postby {E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 » 16 Apr 2008, 13:51

i think the weps are fine as is. =) although the beretta is my fav.
The vacuum pistol is my second favourite.

Last edited by {E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 on 26 Apr 2008, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Kosh
[insert individual rank]
[insert individual rank]

- Postby [FGS]Kosh » 16 Apr 2008, 15:15

to adapt the means to the end

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

- Postby Tidus » 16 Apr 2008, 16:53

The Pulsegun is too powerfull in my eyes. okay in A51 ore a other BIG map is the weapon okay but on close maps like smuggler is that a very powerful wepon. okay the beretta is powerfull too but u have too aim and cant shoot 100 Bullets in.. maybe 10seconds in One magazin. The altfire from Pulsegun well. i dont know can u kill with that? i never kill with that. Assault shotgun is ok.altfire is powerfull too but i think thats no problem. Shokrifle hehe the normal sniper is the same. but u have too activate the scope and on shok u can kill without with one shot but thats no problem too. I can talk much more about the weapons but i think the map is the think that makes the weaps powerfull ore not.
My answer is leave the wepons there and add Minigun/Gatling Gun, SPecial and Sabot.
and the weapon "Devestator" is a "Superrocket" from Nobody but the weapon have more buggs than the rest of the altfire weapons.. i like a "superrocket" on some servers but not buggweaps

okay thats it

gZ

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 16 Apr 2008, 18:32

hold the base

Ever heard of DXSG? :lol:

/me says:
-leave shock
-leave beretta
-leave vacc
-leave AAS (aashotgun)
-remove pulsegun and add special assault rifle
-remove blades, replace it with minigun
-leave enforcer OR replace it with sabot

The poll... I guess you all know which option did I choose? :D

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 16 Apr 2008, 19:42

The pulse rifle in my opinion requires alot of skill to hit a moving, airbourne target, you have to fire ahead of the enemy in order to hit it, this is not the case with the beretta, and for that reason if there was any weapon to go it has to be the beretta in my eyes.

Vaan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Vaan » 16 Apr 2008, 21:34

i think the beretta should be removed.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 16 Apr 2008, 22:20

Vaan wrote:i think the beretta should be removed.

Explain please.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...

Return to Deus Ex