Board index Webportal Spam ]

Ski Jumping

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Ski Jumping - Postby Majster » 24 Feb 2012, 20:51

Do you like watch Ski Jumping? I have been watching it for 11 years. :)
This week are most important competitions: Ski-Flying World Championships on the greatest Ski jumping hill - Vikersund. 8-) Today competition proably will canceled, but I hope tomorrow everything will fine!

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ski Jumping - Postby chin.democ. » 24 Feb 2012, 21:19

It's one of those sports that always amazes me, it's like they defy gravity, imagine how far they jump and at the speed yet they don't hurt themselves. You get some tremendous views sometimes from the top, I think Barcelona springs to mind.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Ski Jumping - Postby Majster » 25 Feb 2012, 04:28

chin.democ. wrote:It's one of those sports that always amazes me, it's like they defy gravity, imagine how far they jump and at the speed yet they don't hurt themselves. You get some tremendous views sometimes from the top, I think Barcelona springs to mind.

Yes, I can say it's extreme sport. It's very fun to watch. :) I know in your country aren't traditions in Ski Jumpings. :-D

In Poland Ski Jumpings are popular by Adam Malysz. I hope some men on our forum like Ski Jumpings (for example Gemans and their Hannawald ;) ).

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Ski Jumping - Postby ShadowRunner » 25 Feb 2012, 06:08

Eddie The Eagle was from my hometown. There is an artificial ski slope in Gloucester, only 8 miles away.

He finished last in the 70m and 90m events. The more he failed, the more people loved him, he became a national joke and celebrity at the same time. He was so bad at ski jumping that the Olympic people decided to make "The Eddie The Eagle Rule", which meant people had to do well in national and international levels first. He became so celebrated that athletes felt he was making a mockery of the sport. He's probably the most famous UK athlete from the 1988 Olympics.

At the closing ceremony, the president of the Organizing Committee, Frank King, seemed to single out Edwards for his contribution: "At this Games, some competitors have won gold, some have broken records, and some of you have even soared like an eagle."

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Ski Jumping - Postby Mastakilla » 25 Feb 2012, 16:24

Dutch Prince Friso got pwned by an avalanche, it's related to ski. Not sky jumping though.

Return to Spam