04 Jun 2008, 12:21
Join the '[FGS] Mapping Challenge 2013'!
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
1) Maps should be designed primarily for 0 aug, although there is no reason they shouldn't work on Altfire or Augs.
2) Maps must be based on a real world locations - any area that existed, will exist or exists today. Evidence must be provided to prove that your location exists (for instance Wikipedia articles, Google maps links, photos etc.).
1) Turrets, Medkits in cabinets, sniper spots, NPC's can be a plus if appropriately used.
2) Surprise players with things they haven't seen before!
3) How closely does the map reflect the area it is based on? Slight changes can be made for the sake of simplicity, for instance turning a winding road straight, turning a giant skyscraper smaller, etc.
4) The smaller the map size is, the better, although quality is of great importance.
5) Since different maps take on different challenges (this could be related to size, playability, aesthetics etc.) every map will be evaluated slightly differently.
6) Jury may appoint other jury members as long as they are not competing.
1) Award winning entries will be hosted on [FGS]Whiplash's server
2) 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best maps will receive special mention on the official [FGS] portal.
1) Propose a location and give us a few ideas about your plan! Use the 'Deus Ex' section of our forums to post your submission proposal!
2) Keep us updated on the process of your work!
3) Feel free to ask us for feedback as you work on your map!