Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_PUB

Author
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_PUB - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 21 Jun 2008, 12:28

3 years after the release of version 3 I thought, it should be made public, so everyone can take a look at its content.
The version is not protected. If the editor still crashes, then it's caused by MTL. I might upload a proper loadable MTL later.

Although this is an open source release, it subjects to some restrictions.

1. You may edit the map and release it as "new" version. However, the map name must be chosen that it has still a relation to the original one.
2. You may NOT copy the map or parts of it into other maps. (Excluded are ring-transporters which can be used as template for your own maps.)
3. You may NOT copy your map into this map to go around rule 2.
4. You may NOT turn the map into a sex map.
5. You may NOT edit the (texture) packages that are required by the map. (It's in your own interest if you don't change them)

If there are any questions related to the rules or to the map and its content itself, feel free to PM me.
(PMs after Sun 22th June 6pm GMT+2 can't be answered before Fr 27th June 4pm GMT+2)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Jun 2008, 19:57

That's fantastic.

I would only make small updates.

1. The vent entrance behind comm moved very slightly so that hangar roof camper can not control the entrance.
2. Also I would add a second entrance to the base from 11 to 27...
3. perhaps also I would add a second ring room to help avoid campers.

You say parts of the map can not be copied. The ball like the power core and the hadron collider, they are in the SG editor. I was hoping to use a power ball like in Area 51 on Nexus... and a hadron collider on Cheyenne Mountain complex SGC in Abydos. We can add TRC, rings, stargates?, superweps?, howbout the balls? Perhaps the collider should stay unique to V3_152...

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 21 Jun 2008, 20:17

Feel free to change things where you think it's useful.
As release name I'd suggest something
like DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_FGS or DXSG_Area51Bunker_V31 or something like this.. just not DXSG_Area51Bunker_V4 please.
The power ball behind the hangar is part of SG_MOD152. It can be used in every map of course.

btw.. that thing with SGModelTex.utx..

you might have saved the package again which made it incompatible to the original (even if the content is still the same)
I added the orignal file as attachment.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 22 Jun 2008, 16:28

I think the map suffers quite badly with only one acess point to ultimetely get into the base via means other than using the Ring Teleporters, couple that with the fact that the base has only one Ring Teleporter inside it and it fails somewhat.

But It only needs a little tweak here and there to make it work well, I'm interested 8)

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 22 Jun 2008, 17:46

Shadowrunner will be able to give you the required information to load the map with UnrealED. :)

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 23 Jun 2008, 09:35

Sorry I've just re-read my earlier post and It reads like I'm ripping you a new hole, sorry wasn't meant to sound like that, I love the SG maps, ask shadow, I've become quite addicted to them having not previuosly played them other than in the last few months or so.

Cool that you are doing this 8)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 23 Jun 2008, 12:07

DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_FGS sounds good.

I've made two maps and am working on 3 atm.

I think I should step back and let Chinny or someone else bash this one...

Chinny do u agree, MOAR vents...

*barks orders*
howbout a tunnel from 11 ring to 27 area and 27 vents system...

and moving the original vent about 10 feet at the entrance so it's not overlooked by hangar roof.

Otherwise it's a classic and I would not dare to touch...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 23 Jun 2008, 15:56

Yeah more vent access to secret base, perhaps a vent located near the helipad would be cool, I'm not agreat fan of the existing vent being so close to the com turret.

Really the base needs to be extended, add another RT to it to minimise the likelyhood of ring camping, perhaps have two pwer rooms which will lit/unlit different areas of the base, just like on CMD VI.

Perhaps take out some lams from the lam cabinet, six is alot!! add some moree corridorage, make them go around corners at 90 degree bends to lessen the "throw lam 100ft towards the unsuspecting dude landing in location number 27".

I don't think this map has cameras and consoles either, so add them ala CMD, CMD is pretty much sorted I think so if you lean towards that I don't think you'd be far from perfection.

Perhaps even two locations to initialise lockdown, the possibilties are limitless.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 24 Jun 2008, 15:30

I would not remove the comm vent, just make it less vulnerable.

Everything sounds good, perhaps the helipad vent could be in the dark area near the containers... easy to slip into or set up ambushes etc...

I think the base is linear, so if you increase the size, go crossways? aim towards 11 bunker and have the base entrance at 11... move the ring at 11 to a bay in the side of the tunnel, which now goes towards the new base area.

another vent perhaps near the bunker entrance...

yeah, have fun...

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 15 Jul 2008, 14:55

a late comment:

4. You may NOT turn the map into a sex map.

:(

Return to Maps