StargateMaps

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Mar 2008, 20:49

Apologies to 56k players that the maps were on server, before they were here:

These are the versions for the FGS ALTFIRE server.

Please note for hosting:

If you wish to host these maps, you will first need to install the Area51Bunker_V3_152 and CMD_V1 packages with their supporting files.

If you wish to host these maps also, please contact Shadowrunner, several versions of these maps exist, with [A]weapons, such as Gauss Gun, HK dual SMG's etc. Also maps can be edited, tailored versions for your server.

Area51_TheDayAfter: 99% Finished. Railway and Railway music will be edited. Please make comments before final version.

Orbital: 95% finished. Some additional work required at 27 area. The Starfighter will change, players will be able to sit inside and operate without help from other players. The second floor on 27 will be finished.

Vandenberg/CMD: This is preview pre-beta stage, but includes an "active" stargate. The Gary Savage old computer area, now SG room, will be finished, the whole map will be zone lit, and the mountains outside the base will be edited. Finally, besides adding the Vandenberg SP tunnel map, there will also be a destination for the Stargate, probably an alien base on an alien planet. Please make comments and suggestions. Thank you. Known Issue: lobby floor bsp.

There can not be two Stargates in one map, due to bps/technical problems. Therefore we are looking at creating a wormhole or a device like a Vortex Grenade, in which the player will be teleported back to Vandenberg...

If anyone would like to tackle this sub-project of Stargate, please contact Shadowrunner.

Also help on Single Player Deus Ex Stargate- "The Day After" is required, particularly from anyone with SP experience. JC chooses tong's option, the aftermarth reveals more secrets in the vast complex of Area 51.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Apr 2008, 15:43

DXSG_ORBITAL_TNAG

This version contains gravity rifle and beretta. You may climb the giant tunnel using gravity rifle.

http://www.badongo.com/file/9126918

NB: This is not the last version of Orbital. The Starfighter will get modified and some alternative to Ring Transport will be devised, when we have figured just what the heck that will be...

Pyro
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby Pyro » 08 May 2008, 21:07

A question, a friend of mine tried to open the packages that came with DXSG__Area51bunker in UEd 1, but it came up with a 'bad name index' error and neither he nor I know what to do about it.

Enlighten us :(

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 09 May 2008, 10:02

It's probably protected to prevent people from editing it and 'releasing' it as their own version.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
Pyro
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby Pyro » 09 May 2008, 18:09

i see, did u say [A]Nobody made it? If so I must talk to him about it, but I really just wanted to take a look at it to see if I could learn the insides better. I also wanted to check if there was another way into the lower areas, if not I was going to suggest adding one for another V. No matter, I will pester him with it :lol:

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 09 May 2008, 19:04

There are 2 ways into the base... the tunnels and the stargate.

with CMD there are 3 ways into the base. other that that i can't help you with editing the map.

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
EXO
BUG
BUG

- Postby EXO » 09 May 2008, 19:58

yeah, but within the bas eis a secret area, with a big ball ans spinning circles, I wanted to suggest a second way into there other than through the base

Pyro
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby Pyro » 09 May 2008, 20:20

soz forgot to log out of EXO account first (we share comp cos he can't afford his own :lol: )

It said somewhere that you were allowed to release 'tailored' versions for your own server.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 10 May 2008, 09:44

1. I think you should ask permission of Nobody first before releasing your own, tailored version of it.
2. The room was supposed to be
[A]Nobody wrote:some kind of dimension portal
but he cancelled the project. Because of that, the room is now almost useless. (The only use of this room you can find out yourself) It's not needed to make a secondary route into this room (in my opinion).

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 11 May 2008, 20:58

[A]Nobody created DXSG. It is an [A]mod. [A]Nobody chose Shadowrunner and Atlantis to build the new maps and decided deliberately to keep the team small. Alex, Jon and I think Mainman and Kaiden and Allan also all helped on the new maps in some ways.

The map you refer to was the first DXSG map, and after all the sweat of making the mod, the map was much of an afterthought, hence the use of a default map. It is a classic and I doubt very much [A]Nobody will attempt to improve the first and imperfect map. We have all wished for more than one vent I am sure. I havent discussed DXSG with the boss for a while, but I guess he will spend time and energy on its development and new things.

To let you know the current state.

[A]Nobody returns in 2 months to DX. He will continue finishing DXSG_Cathedral.

[FGS] will release a final version of the 3rd DXSG map, The Day After map and also finish Orbital, maybe redesigning Orbital quite a bit.

In the meantime we work on 3 new DXSG maps, one with the help of [A]Jon and one [FGS] mapper is being trained in every thing that [A]Nobody taught me to help with the mammoth task of even more new and better maps. A. I cant take on board so many new DXSG mappers at once and B. It's not so easy as you think to make a DXSG map, you cant just open the SDK normally for example... and some aspects are not straightforwards, such as AOS movers and other new classes he created etc.

By deceiving FGS and multi-accounting you havent done your chances of joining the DXSG team very much good have you...

Also my experience of giving you guys a map to edit, is that you turned a fight map into a "sex" map with 8 hookers and sounds of sex, and totally unplayable turrets aimed on spwnroom doors etc, basic errors like leaving the add used to create a mover, and ideas with 6 turrets that just dont work on public servers, although your efforts were appreciated, I just dont see any good reason to reccomend you join [A]Nobody's team, of which I am like 25% atm...

It said somewhere that you were allowed to release 'tailored' versions for your own server.

WHERE???

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 25 May 2008, 18:24

A question, a friend of mine tried to open the packages that came with DXSG__Area51bunker in UEd 1, but it came up with a 'bad name index' error and neither he nor I know what to do about it.
Enlighten us Sad

[A] Nobody decided not to fully release to the editing community.
He chose mappers, currently are ex-dxms members only.
[FGS] and [A] Jon is/was editing a Vandenberg compilation of SP maps.

[FGS] are working on single player stargate. A professional scriptwriter in Birmingham is currently learning about Deus Ex and getting on board.

You can't open any DXSG map in any Unreal Editor without a file which is required, which runs the Unreal Editor as a SG editor, including all SG classes and functions.

The DXSG team though are always looking to grow stronger and several projects are as yet untouched by the team...

These would be DXSG_Silo, DXSG_Atlantis, DXSG_CheyenneMountain DXSG_Stargate_Academy etc...

I got involved by making a map with DXSG in mind and proving it on a server, that's how I caught the attention of the DXSG team.

Pyro
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby Pyro » 19 Jun 2008, 22:58

The DXMP_Starport thing was meant to be a joke from me to Blake, but I must have got mixed up in emails (I was on hols and took me laptop (which I don't usually use 'cos it has bad wireless)) So that was just a max-up.

The turrets, neither of us were aware that AltFire has longer range. I agree the turrrets were slight overkill, I personally forgot that AltFire is a 0-Aug.

You need to learn to verify your evidence before saying stuff like that. All of my close mapper friends are detail mappers, but you have said that detail is sometimes not good to have much of.

No offence meant, but control your opinion and revise your sources.

This is probably my last ever post. I quit Dx but may remain active a bit on some forums or as mapper. Seems can was not going well.

Bye :cry:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Jun 2008, 23:38

I think my comments are valid...You added 6 turrets to a landing bay, some which fired at spwn exits.
You created room with hookers, the sound of sex, and left the brush that made the mover floating near the door. I wonder if you actually play to be honest.

Also my comments came after:

1. You said that the readme permits you to edit Area51_Bunker_v3_152
2. You multi-accounted on these forums
3. You faked an application while multi-accounting.

For your information, Nobody has decided that anyone may make a Stargate map if they so wish, perhaps you are now thinking twice about leaving.

You didn't have to go to all that trouble after all. Good luck mapping.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Nov 2010, 22:18

Luckily we don't have those kind of problems anymore...
Anyway here is the next map out.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

The situation is tense. The NSF have discovered what was really going on at Space Command, noob engineers have activated the stargate and Vandenberg is in serious danger of being infested with Grays and Hookers (if it wasn't already). Your mission is to find the stargate, travel to Abydos, prevent the alien invasion, find the secret tombs and stop the superweapons falling into enemy hands and then return to Earth in time for tea and cakes.

TEXTURES: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2gcrnvmws ... TombSG.zip - add to your Deus Ex/Textures folder...
TEXTURES: http://www.mediafire.com/?bd80p7k2n27r71k - add to your Deus Ex/Textures folder
MUSIC: http://www.mediafire.com/?c5r7c51g8gfkpug - add to your Deus Ex/Music folder...
MAP: http://www.mediafire.com/?c5r7c51g8gfkpug - add this to your Deus Ex/Maps folder...

These links have been added to the Stargate Maps thread in the downloads section. Some of the badongo links are dead, but since most of the maps will be updated shortly, new links will be provided by the end of the year. N.B. Map is titled DXSG_AbydosB, when all SR SG maps are updated before 2011, Abydos will be re-released with Krisz's airstrike mod and any editing made after feedback. N.B. Also, you will need to have installed the first two stargate maps to run any others as those packages contain superrocket_lite, SG mod and all the dependencies of Stargate Maps.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 19 Nov 2010, 14:51

That sounds amazing so far!
I'm happy to see that there is SG progress yet.
However, unfortuantely, I cannot guarantee a progress of SG_MOD153 for the next months because I'm on the 5th semester and although I don't have so many lectures anymore, this semester is overkill according to projects we need to work on...

Also.. I'm thinking about making such a public release of DXSG_CMD_V1 too.. is there any interest at all? :o

Edit: Rollo, why does music and map have the same URL? :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Maps