Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_Peak

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

DXMP_Peak - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Oct 2013, 19:39

I present to you guys my latest finished map, DXMP_Peak. Alot of you have probably seen and perhaps even played this map in either its beta guise or its stripped out Sharpshooter (DXSS_Peak) counterpart. It is based on the Unreal Tournament ’99 map of the same name, this version replaces the more blocky UT ’99 version with rounder brushwork throughout. This map has lots of curved brushes packed into one pretty tight area and so was a bit of a battle against BSP holes as you could probably imagine.

DXMP_Peak’s setting is a castle set on top of an extremely sharp rising “mountain”. The castle has five floors in total, and is fast paced. The map has four spawn areas, and has had extensive testing, mostly as it's Sharpshooter version. I'd like to quickly thank Whiplash and Kiki for their feedback, and Hivemind clan for hosting the beta, thank you.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Peak - Postby [FGS]Chees » 15 Oct 2013, 21:15

Impressive work Chinney. =D> Is this set for 0 aug and augs game type?

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Peak - Postby anax » 15 Oct 2013, 23:17

Sexy brushwork! :-D

super mountain space party

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Peak - Postby chin.democ. » 19 Oct 2013, 13:32

[FGS]Chees wrote:Impressive work Chinney. =D> Is this set for 0 aug and augs game type?

Yeah I've thrown in all the necessary elements to suit augs, so there's cabinets with lams, he etc. Biocells, lockpicks and multitools scattered around and of course biobots. It's up to auggers to adapt their style to the map if they wish to play it. I imagine the speed aug could work well here jumping to higher walkways for example. :-)

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Peak - Postby synthetic » 31 Dec 2013, 07:25

It is possible to survive the jump into abyss with variable reliability. in one testing session I was able to survive using 2 different methods, in another i couldn't as reliably recreate one of those said methods that worked previously. Regardless, I recommend perhaps doing something about it, or map might end up with some trolls or even gep spam from below. I'd suggest kill/damage zone instead of relying on fall damage, but thats up to the map creator.

Also, the map is a bit too tight, felt that in 0aug games but it was also very clear in atdm games. Perhaps portion of it can be expanded a bit, also in height. I am not saying all walkways need to be 2x wider, but the map is a bit claustrophobic.

Because in particularly in normal DXMP the map shapes the game experience, I think such abyss map could represent a form of deus ex "jump map", which this import is originally based on as well. Very interesting, but while some may love it others will hate it. I personally loved the challenge of jumping bridges with Speed Enhancement; and then there is the Power Recirculator. Im thinking that if anything, the underdog PR player might have better odds on such abyss maps, as lams will bounce off into the depths.

Return to Maps