Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

Map-loading Problem (Obviously BSP error)

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Map-loading Problem (Obviously BSP error) - Postby atrey65789 » 14 Jun 2014, 21:25

I am working on a map, and I know that at least 2 or 4 things are off-grid...

Right when I load it, Unrealed freezes (probably because of off-grid stuff)... However I can still play the map.

It freezes in the editor when I am in a 3d perspective view. Sometimes I can get around this by Loading the map while I am in a top or side view, rebuild the geometry with LOW LOW geometry optimization, and boom... But I can't even do that anymore.

The last thing my log said was "URender.BSPSurf" So it's obviously messing up on a bsp hole somewhere.

Anyway for me to load it up and get around this annoying error would be DEEPLY appreciated. :D

-Atrey

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Map-loading Problem (Obviously BSP error) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 14 Jun 2014, 23:24

At the last weeks when mapping on DXSG_CMD_V1, I was facing a similar problem.. I was unable to open the map anymore because the 3D view caused a crash.
My solution was to switch the 3D view to perspective view (wireframe) BEFORE loading the map.
Also I was always mapping in perspective view and just switched to texture view or dynamic light view, when it was mandatory.
Oh yes.. and I was saving my changes almost every few seconds lol. :D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Map-loading Problem (Obviously BSP error) - Postby atrey65789 » 14 Jun 2014, 23:50

It seems to load like this. I will use this advise to continue this map! Thanks!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Map-loading Problem (Obviously BSP error) - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Jun 2014, 19:06

1. As Nobody says, load in perspective mode.

2. Make sure camera eye is not outside map.

3. Then switch to texture view.

Return to Maps