Board index FGS Off-topic Trash ]

Rollo-DuplicatePost#1

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Sep 2012, 01:49

Zan Goh is a legend, fantastic , one of my favourite maps, but wtf is it doing on altfire?

It's scorchingly bright, WW1 not cyberpunk, it's like a mapper started for 30 minutes and stopped. Where are the actors, movers, actor lights, sounds, bleedin nothing in this map, except brushes. Oh wow, OMG JC STAIRS!!!

it has much in common with iceworld, both a collection of static brushes, spawns with tables in front of you, nothing at all else in the map, also both are very bright.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: '80s music. - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Oct 2012, 15:16

System: Post deleted - Nothing to see here!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: UT Chainsaw News - Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Oct 2012, 02:54

Well send me the password and instructions how to use please. I will definitely add this to altfire maps.
Some altfire maps I don't have, I will need to ask Nobody for a copy from the server. I probably have the dependencies, but I was thinking to update a couple even in the next month or so.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: UT Chainsaw News - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Oct 2012, 04:50

Sometimes a person might use a literal adjective, I took it to mean in terms of releasing stuff, you weren't hugely experienced that's all. No-one meant to harass you, just people want your work to flourish and be seen by all.
Will definitely give the chainsaw a whirl as soon as I can.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: UT Chainsaw News - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Oct 2012, 04:50

Sometimes a person might use a literal adjective, I took it to mean in terms of releasing stuff, you weren't hugely experienced that's all. No-one meant to harass you, just people want your work to flourish and be seen by all.
Will definitely give the chainsaw a whirl as soon as I can.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Rollo-DuplicatePost#1 - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:48

That sounds like to me Cozmo saying his server should/is going to cycle gametypes?

If UR worked in altfire, I don't see why not, it seems suitable for altfire, lots of space outside, but we could always do with more servers running different gametypes.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:48

That sounds like to me Cozmo saying his server should/is going to cycle gametypes?

If UR worked in altfire, I don't see why not, it seems suitable for altfire, lots of space outside, but we could always do with more servers running different gametypes.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Glass Bottle (Weapon) SCREENSHOTS - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:54

I remember being a teenager at a party with my friend and talking about glass bottles in movies, my friend didn't believe they used sugar instead of glass, so I offered to prove it by smashing a wine bottle over his head. It is surprisingly difficult to actually break the main part of a wine bottle on someone's head, I had to give up because he couldn't stand anymore. He didn't feel a thing though, was completely drunk himself. Couldn't remember volunteering to have his head smashed with wine bottles.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Glass Bottle (Weapon) SCREENSHOTS - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:54

I remember being a teenager at a party with my friend and talking about glass bottles in movies, my friend didn't believe they used sugar instead of glass, so I offered to prove it by smashing a wine bottle over his head. It is surprisingly difficult to actually break the main part of a wine bottle on someone's head, I had to give up because he couldn't stand anymore. He didn't feel a thing though, was completely drunk himself. Couldn't remember volunteering to have his head smashed with wine bottles.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 31 Oct 2012, 03:51

I was being diplomatic and mentioning all mappers in FGS that I could remember did something this year, just meaning I see no harm in an altfire type server being the better place for maptesting than the 0-aug server, for lots of reasons.

things have changed, when I started in 2005, there was grav rifle on every map, shotgun on every map and beretta on every map. Also, ppl hated bio rifle. This is another reason. The tnag replacer actually replaces more weps than we use, but we've gradually restricted the variety on some maps, while offering a greater variety on other maps. Also people generally threw lams at each other across Area 51 etc, not planted vac in doorways etc so much. Dare I say it, maps were larger as well, House Arrest, Rattery Park, 8Red, Hangar Storage, Exile, the majority were A51 sized or bigger, where grenades being thrown around in low grav were possible to dodge.

Things changed massively when I started adding extra tnag weps to maps. People started to vote for weps and grenades, spawnkilling and no-brainer kills like energy ball on pacman. Players like Axis and Prophet became a minority on the server. There is still that issue, that adding bio rifle and minigun to everything could be a real passion-killer. Some people really hate both and probably don't want all tnag weps on all maps? I have no idea really what the true demand is there.

Almost certainly I won't be able to release/update anything until after Xmas.

I know Mantra could be found, and we found Skyline's author, but Duffman and other altfire map authors I have no idea.

Return to Trash