Board index FGS Off-topic Trash ]

DXMP_Amon_beta1 release

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Aug 2013, 07:29

synthetic wrote:Just bit frustrated about the mapping scene, nobody maps for DXMP anymore

Not true. But you and Deja are way too hard to please and possibly way too opinionated about custom maps.

This means that at least 50% of aug gameplay is identical to 0a map geometry and the additional Speed Enhancement support is just added to the map.

I find this a bit hypocritcal.

In my experience if you hand auggers a good fps map with crates, water, poison and all the elements to challenge the augs, they won't even play it once, regardless of fps. This is my experience. The only exception to this was [T] clan in 2007, in my experience as someone trying to learn custom aug mapping.

As for Deja "you've done nothing" Vu, well I made the space SG maps, WW2 maps, Hengsha, I made a shitload of altfire maps, 0-aug maps and aug maps, I also optimized maps for you, I also made some CTF maps and I've made maps that are just fine for augs.

I don't think people can sit there and blame custom aug mappers, the lack of enthusiasm was with the score-mongers and people who turned a blind eye to those maps and hosted iceworld and smuggler instead.

@ Ken and Deja, seriously, make a custom aug map from scratch, if "nobody does anything anymore".

If that is true, maybe the reason no-one tries, is because you are all way too bitchy. Do you seriously think a custom aug mapper's map is going to be good? It takes time, but what exactly support did custom aug mappers get from the iceworld/smuggler merchants over the years? Absolutely *loving* none.

So don't sit there and basically lie about the mapping community. Get your facts straight.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby synthetic » 03 Aug 2013, 07:32

SR you're a talented mapper, and I really like the LOOKS of your maps, but do not argue with experienced players about the playability of them. Even Epic's guide to SDK teaches you to actually playtest and plan out player pathing and movement before making the actual map. That is because they made maps for UT series where as even classic DXMP maps are really poor (not to say bad, even). Most mappers quite evidently don't know how to map for *multi-player* game.

Also, players are intelligent beings (even if of varying levels) not bots. They will use the objects in your environment only if its useful. If they are not using your stuff, it means its clutter or eye-candy, and not useful. Up to you to figure out how to change that. If you put explosive barrel next to breakable wall, first player will destroy it, stare at wall and think: "oh metabolic end product". Next time he will use it.
Not ideal example, ie one can use GEP if its equipped, but works as a small illustration of the point.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby anax » 04 Aug 2013, 11:27

when i started getting into mapping i was under the impression from monkee and ste that having biobots and cabinets with goodies was enough to make my maps into DXMP maps. But i learnt gradually that the environments i was crafting were either too spread out in the open or not big enough for F7 indoors. Some months ago i put up a download for the newest version of my 0-a map called No Exit. i remember someone saying the spawns were the worst spawns ever while others said they were balanced, ya can't please everyone. Pretty sure my 2nd map had mixed reception regarding wether it could be for 0-a or augs too.

as for the old aug/non aug battle i remain a neutral player for the most part. Expect me to hate on 0-a from time to time though, because it is boring without many players, i see people using every possible weapon in ATDM.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby anax » 04 Aug 2013, 11:30

and by the way i love the map it looks really cool, looks aug ready to me, at first glance. But lot's of airspace, maybe you should set up an airport :-D

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby anax » 04 Aug 2013, 11:33

godd, i love these light details and the corona. it reminds me of playing Red Faction, nostalgia bomb man.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ~DJ~ » 04 Aug 2013, 23:41

or Unreal Tournament :-D
GOO JOOB CHINNEH! 8-[

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Aug 2013, 17:11

synthetic wrote:do not argue with experienced players about the playability of them.

Listen noob, "do not argue with experienced mappers about playability of maps you have not ever played."
I can't take you at all seriously Ken, you're like a child, you haven't even played ONE aug mapped I have made probably.

Not ideal example

Correct, it was a poor example, because I can think of one map which is very popular, where the barrels are there for a 3rd reason and btw they aren't breakable. The fact that you have never played that map in augs, but choose often to talk total metabolic end product about people, sometimes untrue metabolic end product, is your choice. [T] clan did not make the same judgement as you, they played a lot of my maps, ordered aug versions of a couple and were very happy with them.

That is just so ridiculous a statement Ken, my optimized maps and CTF maps have better fps than the default maps. You're just a total noob these days, who actually doesn't know what he is saying is true or not.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2013, 08:38

Edit: well, I stand corrected by master mapper Shadowrunner. May the worlds he shape be magnificent as always. :-)

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Aug 2013, 13:06

Ugh.. how political incorrect. 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Trash