DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal - Postby chin.democ. » 07 Dec 2013, 13:06

Prefinal version for testing, issues so far;

- Various small texture errors, including alignment.
- Leftover sheet brushes from old glass windows.

Attachments
DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 668 times

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal - Postby anax » 17 Dec 2013, 01:29

Looking good! Maybe too many round corners on everything but that's irrelevant tbf. Are the lockers openable???

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal - Postby chin.democ. » 17 Dec 2013, 11:41

Nope not open-able, there's cabinets in the map for such goodies. Too round? maybe hehe, will have to wait for feedback on performance if needed I can take out some rounded brushes, thanks for the feedback.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Dec 2013, 12:45

I don't mind the curve bonanza, it looks ok architecturally and you can imagine an architect doing that, but mirrors and wep racks as well somehow now looks like it wouldn't be the case in real life? I really like the mirror though, but I think what anax means by "too much" is that it looks ott with shelves, mirrors and racks being same shape as the architecture, it's possible but unusual?

Having said this, also the medbot cubicle, I was like "really? where are the curves?" Also the chairs, in reality are putting huge stress on the front legs and it's another case of something that looks possible, but not very usual or real.

I feel what is missing is the Pool has no means of filling or emptying with water. I would add a drain in the pool and some kind of vent or faucet on the side of the pool wall. I think the map would look more realistic then. The fake door is good and there are other touches that make it feel real, but the lack of water supply in the pool looks odd, the map is called pool, but the pool is just one brush?

In OpenGL I am losing massive amounts of contrast and texture detail in the highlights, it's the first map I played that I have to turn down to .6 to not bleach out texture details in the lighter areas. When the white becomes reflective, it becomes painful on the eyes. Lighting is similar to Iceworld, very high key and just burning a hole in textures and all the weight of the shadows are gone. I vastly prefer Minidust and Office because they are not totally flat and the lighting is better. The map is much brighter than your screenshots for me.

I would say the map is great, but needs some detail in the pool and the lighting contrast not being so high key.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool_v3_Prefinal - Postby anax » 18 Dec 2013, 02:38

no problemos :) hahah Curve bonanza XD!
just noticed the download link, i'll give it a go!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!

Return to Trash