Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex: Invisible War ]

Major Anger toward DX:IW

Author
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

Major Anger toward DX:IW - Postby Kothar » 29 Oct 2007, 20:27

... because of this dumbass game the movie was canceled and the next game was changed to Project Snowblind (good game although it could do with a more in depth storyline)

but a new Deus Ex game is in progress so there is yet more hope to this game!

i have been watching project HDTP and DX Reborn... reborn looks really good but you have to have Unreal Tournament 2004 for it to work ( same game/maps just better physics and lighting... and still on Unreal engine)

and HDTP is looking really good i have been messing around with it and they have made it so you can use a higher resolution and there are some updated textures with the first release ( new Gunther Herman looks good... and most of the decorations are updated)

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
Zeitgeist
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Zeitgeist » 30 Oct 2007, 01:14

The game was great, universal ammo sucked. Eidos pushed the release date too close to Christmas after everyone had bought their gifts. Due to financial failure, Deus Ex: Clan Wars was changed to Project: Snowblind. The Deus Ex movie was canceled due to complications. I'm sure if you bribed Greg Pruss enough, he'd give you his copy of the script.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 Oct 2007, 02:01

what made DX:IW suck the most was not the universal ammo (although it helped make it suck more)... it was the fact that they didn't use the unreal engine again... if they had just gone up to Unreal 2 it would have been great. but they didn't...

Zeitgeist
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Zeitgeist » 30 Oct 2007, 02:21

I agree. They also didn't release an SDK for it because they said it would be too difficult on Havok. They obviously don't know us at all.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 31 Oct 2007, 00:44

yeah... with the determination of everyone who mods this game... we have people (including me) who are taking programming classes just so that they can help mod the game...

Sike
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

- Postby Sike » 06 Nov 2007, 15:37

Kothar wrote:what made DX:IW suck the most was not the universal ammo (although it helped make it suck more)... it was the fact that they didn't use the unreal engine again... if they had just gone up to Unreal 2 it would have been great. but they didn't...

They did use unreal engine 2 with DX:IW.

Zeitgeist
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Zeitgeist » 07 Nov 2007, 04:30

1 word.

Havok.

}{JACK}{
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby }{JACK}{ » 08 Nov 2007, 23:53

The game was majorly crap but universal ammo sucked could only use pistol as main wep, only fired 2 shots with sniper in the whole game however you can get the dragons tooth sword, in antartica when you go into the hong kong apartment in JC's memory across from the gray on top of the bookcase but you cant use it enough as you are very close to completing, al in all a very very very unsucessful game.

nobody ever dies a virgin life screws all
Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 09 Nov 2007, 09:20

}{JACK}{ wrote:The game was majorly crap but universal ammo sucked could only use pistol as main wep, only fired 2 shots with sniper in the whole game however you can get the dragons tooth sword, in antartica when you go into the hong kong apartment in JC's memory across from the gray on top of the bookcase but you cant use it enough as you are very close to completing, al in all a very very very unsucessful game.

There's several places throughout the game where you can get the sword. Overall the game isn't worth the money nor the time. Hell, I got to the Antartica level, saved, quit. When I went to play it again, the game wouldn't read the CD even though it was in the drive... Never bothered with it again. :evil:

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
Sike
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

- Postby Sike » 09 Nov 2007, 19:00

I've completed the whole game. In my opinion that new dragons tooth sword is crappy. Baton is better 8) Anyone found the special weapons? I think I found them all. Hellfire Boltcaster was fun :twisted:

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 11 Nov 2007, 20:24

I have found all weapons except for the widowmaker SMG
there is a way to make the ammo system not suck... and while your at it you can make it so you don't take damage i can't remember off hand but look up Deus Ex IW cheats. Iv palyed the game through many times my fav weps are the hellfire boltcaster and the red greasel hunter. there is only one place to find DTS you are refering to the energy sword. and the reason that is the only place for the DTS is because the DTS originated in Hong Kong and is in JC's memory.

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 12 Nov 2007, 05:25

Kothar wrote:I have found all weapons except for the widowmaker SMG
there is a way to make the ammo system not suck... and while your at it you can make it so you don't take damage i can't remember off hand but look up Deus Ex IW cheats. Iv palyed the game through many times my fav weps are the hellfire boltcaster and the red greasel hunter. there is only one place to find DTS you are refering to the energy sword. and the reason that is the only place for the DTS is because the DTS originated in Hong Kong and is in JC's memory.

I managed to find all of the weapons.. Half in which weren't even worth the search. I'm hoping the company learned from the DXIW failure..

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 12 Nov 2007, 16:13

I do to but now that i think about it more it was a decent game I think the reason I hated it so much is because it had the title of Deus Ex and it didn't live up to the name...

but also one more thing i wana point out is. you can't go through this game without firing a shot.

also would like to point out on a good note is that the choices were more in debth. there were many more choices to make. (even though none of the endings i liked... I only did two endings the omar and the JC way, I can't stand to go agianst JC without going agianst everyone else.)

Return to Deus Ex: Invisible War