Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! All Others ]

Black Mesa:Source

Author
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Black Mesa:Source - Postby Tidus » 21 Dec 2009, 00:50

Thats what i said..
Add HDR is one of these, new and sharper textures and more polygone models..and so on.
But the engine is exactly the same, but now its on its limit, when they add more the engine lose the think what i like, the *loving* good performance against other engines.
They have to write a source engine 2 cleaner and they will dont lose the performance thing, i think but dont know.
I let valve just do they stuff and i enjoy the games they release. But its my opinion, that they lose performance with stuff like these :wink:

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Black Mesa:Source - Postby Skilgannon » 21 Dec 2009, 15:07

The aim of the Source engine is to provide a decent looking, highly customiseable engine that will run on most desktop pc's. But given the nature of the gaming industry, where gfx are improving explosively fast, they have to add in newer effect to keep up with the demand for better effects, otherwise their engine'd be a laughing stock. Performance degradation is an unfortunate side effect of that. It's not that bad really, as even something as shitty as a 5200fx will quite happily run the likes of Ep2 and Portal, you'll just miss out on the more fancy shader and particle effects...

* Since when were you the one in control?

Return to All Others