Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! All Others ]

E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first]

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Jima B » 15 Jun 2010, 00:51

Did anyone see this? I'm watching it live now. I'll do a summary as I get it.
Three games took the spotlight, for microsoft.

Halo: Reach and Gears of war 3. The third exclusive, Fable 3. (despite it coming to PC aswell, it was announced as one)
Metal gear rising was announced, and it appeared to center its self around cutting things with a superduper lightsaber. That game is not exclusive to consoles or 360.

They bickered on the natal for ages. Bloody ages.
All Wii like games, for people who don't play videogames, mainly.... and a little asian kid playing with a tiger. Good tech, interesting, but not really practical when it comes to playing games. D:

That and the 360 slim. It'll cost the same as a regular 360 with built in wi-fi, a better design and a 250gb hard drive.

I'm annoyed by it, to be honest. It was, for the most part, pointless.
I'm not interested untill I can either play time crysis by pointing and yelling "BANG", or play a racing game by yelling "VROOOOOOM"

EDIT: Also crytek are making an exclusive god of war clone for 360.
At the end of the microsoft conference we got to see four seconds of the new CoD. It looked like four seconds of the old CoD. They're gonna have to try harder, I really hope they can redeem the series.

EA
EA blew microsoft out of the water, well and truly. They had their own fitness stuff and lots of sports games like madden that I wasn't really interested in, but also plenty of interesting shooters and some racing games. Need for speed world, I think, was the racing game. Be a cop or a racer, get in your fast car, and race lots or catch people or get caught. Looked fun.
As for shooters, Crysis 2 looked spectacular, and much more interesting than 1 (despite being played on a 360). Dead space two was apparently good, and looked atmospheric and scary despite me not playing the first. Bulletstorm looked funny, and had writing such as "YOU SCARED THE male sex organ OFF OF ME" and other humerous non-politically correct remarks.
People are comparing it to duke nukem.

Sims 3 will reach consoles yadda yadda.

What really interested me, was Medal of Honor. Basically, it looks like the game Modern Warfare Two should have been. It looks really fun, and you guys should check it out.

As if that isn't enough, EA suprise-announced a Battlefield bad company expansion pack. Titled "Vietnam" which I will be buying on day one. I'm a really big fan of Battlefield vietnam, I can't wait to see this.

Ubisoft
Ok so these guys where pretty horrible to start with. Lots a fitness and lots a stuff like that. They announced a new driver, and don't seem to have ruined it too much. IT looks like much more of a return to roots. They also suprise announced a new rayman, and the last five minutes where a michael jackson tribute band with "MICHAEL JACKSON - UBISOFT" in the background, so we'll either be seeing a new danicig game or, hopefully, moonwalker 2.

Ghost recon also made an appearence. It looks more like Metal Gear Solid than Ghost Recon now though. Invisibility, looked to be forced third person too, and a lot more shots can be taken

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Skilgannon » 15 Jun 2010, 17:33

So it's all much of a muchness atm then? Also, boycott Ubisoft.

* Since when were you the one in control?
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Jima B » 15 Jun 2010, 19:44

Skilgannon wrote:So it's all much of a muchness atm then? Also, boycott Ubisoft.

Will do. Also boycott Activision.

I missed most of nintendo, here's how it goes from what I saw;
new mario, zelda, and other popular games getting sequels on the 3ds which is apparently good but expensive.

3DS has better graphics possibly, other than the 3d aspect.

Goldeneye remade by activision with daniel craig as the main, (for wii?). If I find out more about these I'll post em.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Skilgannon » 16 Jun 2010, 17:39

Tbh, Nintendo can take a flying *love* at a donut for all I care, they're ruining gaming. Also, why boycott Activision? What'd they do?

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby chin.democ. » 19 Jun 2010, 14:20

I wonder if they'll be any news on Gran Turismo 5?

Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 19 Jun 2010, 21:37

Ubisoft > EA

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Skilgannon » 20 Jun 2010, 14:51

Anything > EA

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Jima B » 20 Jun 2010, 16:13

Actually, EA are doing well... Long support, incentives instead of restrictions to discourage piracy and buying preowned.

Activision are money hungry homosexual. They ruin everything they touch. They are responsible for the removal of dedicated servers from call of duty, removal of mod support, and implemention of VATS into the game, whilst releasing

Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

Re: E32010 [if you want to watch it, don't look in here first] - Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 20 Jun 2010, 19:35

Ubisoft comes out with Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Farcry etc

EA is mostly Madden, Turismo, Harry Potter, James Bond, and other assorted sports games that go obsolete every 9 months.

Return to All Others