Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! All Others ]

Wargaming

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Wargaming - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Nov 2006, 01:00

I've wargamed American Civil War, Napoleonic, Dungeons and Dragons, WarHammer, FASA Traveller Series (The best!), Ancient and Mediavel etc.
Later in my twenties I made a massive diorama of Gallipoli and modelled about 3000 troops for WW1. My favourite wargaming though is Normandy 1944 airborne and cmdo games in 1/72, just enough room for a few tanks.
I must have painted over 3000 Germans and 6000 Commonwealth troops...100's of tanks and aeroplanes and even a motorized 600-ton corvette...

The thing that sucks more than wargaming is: Solo Wargaming...
Wargamers spend a life rushing into model kit shops and buying ten tanks at a time, painting them fast, followed by waiting several years to find a human being that will give you a game, finally to spend hours agonizing over rules...

A Hanomag and a rare Panther...Figures are by Airfix, Revell, Italeri and ESCI, mixed together and PVA glued to card board, then sprinkled with railway grass and sand and dust... The contents of your vacuum cleaner will make great house debris...

Maggie Chow and MJ12 divers with GEP and Sniper in 1/72 Scale

Churchill AVRE with Petard Mortar, Churchills, Sherman, White half-track, Grant, Stuart, Bren Carrier, Jeep, DUKW, Some Airlanding Troops and a RM Cmdo...

Unwanted metal toys usually solve the problem of civilian vehicles...

Hende Hoch! For yoo ze var is over...

And MJ12 diver surrendering...

I made various animations using the Normandy stuff...

If you wargame WW2 with accurate rules, it boils down to the weather.
If there is bad weather the Germans win every time, Panzers crush the allied Shermans. If there is good weather, the Allied RAF Typhoons and USAAF Thunderbolts make mincemeat of the Panzers...

I prefer rules which allow a fast game, not a particularly realistic game. In the end it is often better to decide things by common sense, not by dice.

Return to All Others