Possibility of FGS warring?

The time is right for a suicide!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Re: Possibility of FGS warring?

Post by [FGS]Chees »

after my performance tonight I will not be representing FGS in anymore clan war's...it's just pointless and costing my team points! :oops:
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Post by machete »

[FGS]Chees wrote:after my performance tonight I will not be representing FGS in anymore clan war's...it's just pointless and costing my team points! :oops:

I can kind of understand why you would say this because it's exactly the sort of thing I used to say when I was less experienced but I can guarantee you that your clanmates don't feel the same way about you as you do about yourself.

I know you had a tough time tonight because both clans were very much fielding A teams but did you have fun? Because if you did then that's really all that matters. It's just a game, mate, and the only way to get enough experience to fight more practiced players is to practice yourself!

Anyway, it's probably not my place to say it but don't feel bad about tonight man, we had 2 good games and I think we all had fun. :)

Good game everyone!

Edit: Thinking about it, I could easily be feeling the same way as you right now. I had a few problems tonight, didn't play particularly well and ended up costing my own team points too. But I'm just happy that I had fun playing!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Thanks machete but I played worse than a NOOB!, ye I had fun and yeah it is just a game when said and done. I kinda got bored after 1.30 hour of waiting for it to begin. 5 beers later :alc: kick off. Meh I had fun and hope every player involved did so on a good note thanks all and GG's :D I'll end it on a happy note rather than moan and bitch about it. Thanks to HM for sorting and hosting it again. =D> for your second win, well played :-D
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

Was far too ill to even consider playing, I think we should organise some practice because we are all ridiculously rusty, like even the rust has rust. #-o
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Post by Mastakilla »

Hey Chin, I'm sure if we have a practise game or two, and you come into the team, that we can have a good chance next time. We've already improved over last time I think and your past experience wouldn't go amiss.

Please consider playing with us friend
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Post by machete »

chin.democ. wrote:Was far too ill to even consider playing, I think we should organise some practice because we are all ridiculously rusty, like even the rust has rust. #-o

I've got glandular fever, illness is no excuse! :D
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Post by Tidus »

Hey everyone.

i just looked at my e-mails and thats why im here :roll:

Is the thing over or can i still enter? :P

Would love to have a nice match

Edit: Just saw a discussion here about having like 400 FPS in multiplayer is unfair and such... well am i allowed then? lol

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Post by Mastakilla »

You can still enter for the next one, what dates are best for you?
These tend to be at saturdays mostly

You will have to cap your fps :P
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Post by synthetic »

400 FPS is getting close to 3 times faster weapon fire rate (and item use rate) than normal player. It is a typical speedhack stemming from lacking built in capping mechanism. Such an fps value is also not a cheaters dream because MTL will make you warp as hell. Serious cheaters (ie Phantom) use smaller fps values ~200. Game breaking point was detected at 150 fps.
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Post by anax »

p much any rate between 60 and 140 is golden.
My junk pile of a laptop won't manage higher than 120 in DX anyways, even next to a wall. :o
AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Post by Tidus »

synthetic wrote:400 FPS is getting close to 3 times faster weapon fire rate (and item use rate) than normal player. It is a typical speedhack stemming from lacking built in capping mechanism. Such an fps value is also not a cheaters dream because MTL will make you warp as hell. Serious cheaters (ie Phantom) use smaller fps values ~200. Game breaking point was detected at 150 fps.

So im having 9 times the fire rate? Gee when i miss with assault rifle a split second my ammo is gone and i cant kill anyone :bwahaha:
Nah just joking i was just messing with the frames once and it was god awful not to mention the sound is all messed up.

Playing with 100FPS most of the times :wink:
"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Post by synthetic »

400 is under 3 X if 500 was ~3X. Still well over double the rate.

Are Khaamilus, Cozmo, Mastakilla + anyone else interested in fighting a match in one of normal gametypes? ATDM would be preferred but this suggestion is open for Basic and some reasonable Custom variants if FGS itself makes a request. I know FGS has 3 members that can aug or have auged, and some 2-3 additional beginner augers who may or may not want to support their team. Match would be held sometime in the end of this month, but would be nice if we get some details arranged beforehand, such as whether the idea is acceptable to begin with.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Sounds like Chin said some practice was needed.
Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Post by Khaamilus »

Yes, I'm interested, like always. Personally I prefer ATDM, however I think BTDM would be better option for our team. Eventually we can play ATDM if the rest of the FGS will want to play it.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Post by synthetic »

Bump.

Hivemind has a massive clanwar with HK pending in ATDM (hoping 7v7 or higher, but even 6v6 would be great success), and going with the spurt of activity I'd like to challenge FGS to a real dxmp match as well. We played match and rematch in 0aug mod, lets see if FGS can play their (first?) atdm or btdm match. No weapons would be taken out of the game, all augmentations will be there, and in the case of ATDM (or some sort of easier CTDM ie double skill rewards 3 augs) also skillpoints would be there.

I talked with MastaKilla and he might be able to play sometime next month, Khaamilus apparently hasn't logged in for a while so I don't know where you dig him up from, but I saw Majster checked forums recently.

Basically, if youre a clan, organize your best dxmp players for a match, and assuming you want masta to play the date will fall into sometime next month. Since I've challenged you twice to 0aug already, itll be up to you to challenge Hivemind if you want any other 0a matches.