Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A decision on beretta

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

A decision on beretta - Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Apr 2008, 17:31

To recap: the only wep ppl didnt complain about = blades. The weps which received the most complaints, beretta, pulse, shotgun.

Looking at these issues the problem lies not so much with weapons as maps and attitudes of players. Alex is working on a toned-down version of tnag weps such as beretta.

Until then:

The reason I wont put beretta on all maps atm, is this. TORSO shots. I have 3 medkits, I am being shot in the torso or legs and I still die. It is overpowered and my personal feeling, now that I can reveal, is that beretta is preventing players from really getting to grips and becoming skilled in melees with other weapons.

I dont feel Pulse, Vac or Shock Rifle will be overpowered without beretta. If attacked by pulse, move. If attacked by Vac, return fire to enemy head. If attacked by shock rifle, return fire to enemy head. Shock Rifle is a good substitute for beretta, it requires headshots in melee to be effective against pulse or vac or shotgun. I am convinced that Altfire is NOT a 0-aug default game and therefore a different set of skills. I think most ppl fail to realize that low gravity and movement and defensive moves are the major difference, evading with a shock rifle in melee is a skill, but with a beretta, u dont need any skill, or you need a lot less skill in low gravity, bap bap bap!!! Shotgun I am still considering removing from some maps.

Beretta is already on the server on DXMP_Spaceship.

Beretta has won the vote. It will return. However not on every map. I will be manually adding beretta to the maps that ppl vote for.

So please state here, which maps should or should not have beretta on. Bearing in mind that I cant add beretta to 2 DXSG maps, any default or classic altfire maps... and I don't think you will find Chinny will be adding beretta to his maps either. But I am willing to add beretta to some of my maps...

If beretta can be changed to be more like a pistol requiring headshots for a quick kill, then fine... otherwise I don't see the point of something which is like a .50 SMG when we have pulse, autoshotgun and unscoped rifle...

NB: This decision may change, I'm still watching beginners and seeing how they fight etc...

THE GOOD NEWS - gravity rifle will return on some maps... This will be probably very large maps such as DXSG_Orbital, fun maps, and maps with tele spwnrooms.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 28 Apr 2008, 19:45

THE GOOD NEWS - gravity rifle will return on some maps... This will be probably very large maps such as DXSG_Orbital, fun maps, and maps with tele spwnrooms.

*screams loud* *too loud*

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Apr 2008, 20:14

You can see the demand for ALTFIRE is huge atm in DX... full server...

I see a different side of Alex today, he is a genius fighter and genius editor.
I am gonna get more slots but maybe only 2 more on Altfire. While [A] train for clan war I dont personally object to another low grav server and more slots for everyone. But I hope [A] will make it different... weps and maps and use their mod ability to mod, we'll continue with classic Altfire and mapping and watch...

Also be patient ppl, there's a lot of maps to fix and add weps to...

which means there will be a lot of maptests over the next few weeks...

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 30 Apr 2008, 00:06

First of all, i'm glad to see the return of my beloved Beretta. So far i've only seen it on Schloss i think, and not many ppl get killed there, mostly i don't see any one at all on that map...

Second: Please don't take the Shotgun away, it's the only answer we ppl who refuse to use the Pulsegun have to that same Pulsegun. Today i fought a smuggler game, some FGS members were there, and i've found myself desperatly in need for my Beretta. Pulsegun is lethal on such small maps, and it doesn't require any skill at all, just waving you cursor around. Vacuum riffle kills much to slow, and Shotgun is the best when you are fighting a Pulser. so pls don't take it off, so we purist still have a fighting chance.

That's all i had to say.

Kind regards,
~[E]Pr

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 30 Apr 2008, 01:52

Yeah I use Shotgun too, I don't think it's overpowered, thing is it looks like a normal dx wep and that's not exactly a good thing, if it goes I'll have to use the enforcer, which is nice.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

- Postby {E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 » 30 Apr 2008, 02:14

YAY!!!! Im glad to see its returned :)
Im not good at altfire without it :wink:
[NK]~Valgothy~ wrote:First of all, i'm glad to see the return of my beloved Beretta.

Were my words exactlly :wink:

This acc is closed by Icho
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Apr 2008, 03:34

I wont remove shotty...

SERVER UPDATE
have added Zeitgeist's map DXMP_Champs_Elysee

have added gravity rifle and beretta on DXSG_Orbital_TNAG.
Enjoy grav jumping up a 30,000 high tunnel and surprising your enemy. I'm not too bothered about pred buggin, the map isnt dark, but will stamp out wallshooters, spwnroom shooters using grav rifle.

have added beretta to SmugglerTheDayAfter

Beretta is also on EaglesNest and Spaceship, probably a few more too later.

Return to Deus Ex